Chapter 2: Coffee for Two


Amelia slowly opened her eyes, turning over in a lazy matter. Did she really have to wake...? She made a quick stretch before looking out the window to catch a glimpse of the brightly lit moon. The dim light shining from her face, making her seem older than she truely was. "Mmm.." She licked her lips, and rose from the bed. Her eyes gazed around the room, and found she was the only one present. "Where could they all be.. Maybe dinner? Of course.." She rose a fist, and jumped up. "They must be waiting for me!" After getting dressed, she left the room in a rush. After all, she couldn't leave her friends waiting, and she wanted to catch Zel...

Zelgadiss again looked into the mirrior. Nothing had changed since three minutes ago.. He sighed and collected himself mentally. "Alright.. I won't get my hopes up.. I might as well get use to this... image, and being alone.." Pushing away his chair, he walked to the door. Lightly, his hand touched the door. Thats when he heard the rapid knocking...

Sylphiel slowly backed away. Tears threatened to fall down her cheeks.. Her hands trembled, her emotion far to uncontrolable. "G-Gourry-Sama.." She whispered, voice shaking, dull green eyes looking up to him. "Why..?"

Gourry frowned, he hated making others sad. His eyebrow tightened, he wouldn't give in because she was crying! It wouldn't be fair, to either of them.. Love needed to be shared. "Sylphiel.." He said slowly, he bit his lip. Hopefully she didn't hate him.. "I cannot kiss you because.. it doesn't feel right.." His gaze fell to the green grass that had turned darker from the passing sun. He couldn't face her.. he was making her too sad..

"Why.. is it because.." She stopped, not wanting to go on. Oh just let this be a dream! No.. it wasn't a dream.. more like a nightmare! "Its Lina-San.. isn't it?" Her hands fell to her chest.. Her chest hurt so bad.. Like a pounding, like someone sitting on her chest.. She couldn't breath.. No.. I'll be strong. I have to be strong! "You love her.. don't you?" Gourry's mouth gaped open as his head rose and stared at her with that confusion that seemed to always paint his face. But before he could even utter a word, she spoke again. She'd have to talk now, or else she might never be able to! "I've known.. I've known all along Gourry-Sama.." Her voice cracked, but she ignored that. She would finish. "Ever since.. ever since we thought we lost you.. I knew. And I know, you cannot help your feeling Gourry-Sama, love cannot be forced.." A tear ran down her cheek, one of many to follow. "I know this.. but.. I have to tell you.. I have to! Gourry-Sama, I love you!!" Her voice strained, and echoed across the field. A light breeze rustled the branches above.

There was a long silence before a word peirced the wind. "Sylphiel.." Gourry whispered. Thats when he saw the flash of orange, and a dash of wind flying past him. His blue eyes followed the bright color, and saw it get smaller as it rushed across the massive green hills. "Lina..?"

"Go.." Sylphiel said in a tiny voice. "Go, follow her.. Don't deny, don't ever, ever deny your feelings.." With that, she turned away, running in a rush of emotion.

"Sylphiel.." Gourry said, taking a breath. This was too much for one night. Well.. he should listen.. He's hurt her too much.. "Yes, Sylphiel!" He called, turning and running the opposite way. What did she mean by denying..? I'm not denying anything.. am I?

Soon Gourry reached the forest. And found... nothing? But-But he saw her coming this way! Was he.. truely as stupid as the others implyed? Or.. was it just his imagination? No, no, it HAD to of been her! "Lina!" He called, cupping his hands over his mouth. "OIIIIII Lina!!" All it produced was an echo in return. Had she.. dissappeared? No, that was - Thats when he tripped. With slight dizziness he once again opened his eyes, and found something very familar..

Zelgadiss opened the door, and was quickly pushed backwards into his own room, three others pushing their way in. Before he could even ask, the answer was produced as they promtly made themselves confrotable. He noted Sylphiel sitting quietly, away from Gourry. Unusual...

"Zelgadiss!!" Cried Amelia, fists under her chin in worry. Light tears filling her eyes. "We can't find Lina! We've searched everywhere! Its not like she would just run off like that.."

The chimeria calmly placed a hand on the young Princess' shoulder. "Amelia.." He whsipered, trying his best to push his words sternly, to show there was nothing to be worried about. "You know Lina, shes proably looking for a deal, bandits, or maybe just more food.." He stopped when Amelia shook her head in dissagreement.

"You know I would say the same.." She bit her lip nervously. "But.. She wouldn't leave that.." She pointed toward Gourry's large hands to show what he was holding with care.

"I found this in the woods.." He whispered, his voice filled with worry. "She just wouldn't leave her headband laying there... she never takes it off.. And it couldn't of lost it from catching on a branch.."

Sylphiel looked over to the group, eyes still sad. She looked weary from her heartache. "Something.. had to have happened.."

Zelgadiss sat there, simply stunned. How long had he been in his room for all these events to have happened..? His eyes flashed from Gourry to Sylphiel, to his Amelia. Of course he was worried, but his face remained indifferent. "Have you checked the - "

"We've checked all the restraunts and Inns.. All the surroundings.. everywhere.." Answered Amelia before he could even finish.

"Its proably my fault.." Gourry said, his voice coming from the silence that had produced. "She was angry at me, I could tell.." He continued to look at Lina's remaining belonging. "I should have - "

"Stop." Sylphiel started, quite sternly. Her voice stayed on the same level, not cracking once. "Stop it Gourry-San, you cannot blame yourself. I don't think it was her fault, or yours.." Her eyes softened, and she gave him a smile. A smile she wished for only him, but now understood that that was now impossible.. "If its one thing I've learned from Lina-San, its that feeling sorry for yourself will not solve the problem.. Be strong, Gourry-San."

Gourry's eyes stared at Sylphiel, his mouth turned to a smirk. He nodded, and eyes brightened a bit. "Your right, Sylphiel, I promise I won't bring it up again." He smacked his head playfully. "I guess I'm a little bit worried.." At that moment, he stood and walked to the door, to the surprise of the others. "Come on, we have to go!" He turned back, a smile now resting upon his face. "Lina's waiting for us.."

A rustle of dead leaves sounded through the empty forest. It was late now, and the group had been searching forever, or at least, thats what it seemed to have been.

"Are you sure you saw her here?" Asked Zel, picking up his foot and looking under it to find an ungodly substance. Quickly he placed his shoe back to the ground and decided to darg it along the grass.

"Positive!" Gourry confirmed, looking intently at the spot of where he had found the headband. He looked up to Zel ,"Whats wrong Zel, have a limp?"

"I - umm.. What are you doing Gourry?"

"Oh! I'm trying to find more clues.. Since searching the woods really hasn't been helping.. Hey, where's Amelia?" Gourry's eyes wandered around. "Maybe - "

"I'll go look." Zel said quickly before beganing his own search. "I shouldn't have taken my eyes off of her!" He skolded himself in a whisper. But.. then he looked up to find her.. "Amelia" He almost yelled. But instead, said it quite normally.

Amelia looked over her shoulder at him. She sat upon a hill outside of the woods they had been conducting their search. Her eyes glimmed in the almost non exsistant glow of the moon.

"Amelia.." He breathed again, walking toward her slowly. "You shouldn't do that.. I mean.. with Lina missing and all.." He stopped, never good at such things as these. "I thought that.. you.." He gulped, stepping closer. "You worried me.."

The princess' eyes looked to him, and contiued to sparkle. "I'm sorry Zelgadiss.." She whispered, motioning for him to sit down. "I just.." Her eyes met the ground. "I'm just really worried.. and its making my stomach hurt.." Her eyes traveled to his. "Please.. don't be mad.. I know Lina-San can take care of herself.. but - "

"I know Amelia, I know.." He whispered back, trying to be soothing. "But shes only human, and us humans can only do so much.." He took the seat beside her. He tried to smile, he only did this for her ever so often, but Amelia felt it enough. "I understand your worried.. but we'll get her back, I promise."

Amelia suddenly broke out in tears. Her sobs racking her entire body. She tried to stop, it only made the situation worse. She clentched her tiny fists, and looked to Zelgadiss, her face full of pain.

"A-Amelia?!" He asked, in shook. What happened? D-Did he say something - He looked down, to find her shaking body on his chest. "Amelia, what.. did I say something wrong?"

Amelia shook her head, and clentched tighter to his shirt. "Zelgadiss.." She chocked, "Zelgadiss.. I'm frightened!"

"Frghtened..?" He repeated outloud, never really seeing Amelia unhappy.. except.. except those moments when they had thought Lina died.. or her father.. "Amelia.." He said, wrapping his arms around her. "Shh.." To be truthful, he didn't know what to say. I mean, he couldn't predict the future, he didn't know if Lina would be alright. And he didn't want to lie to her.. And suddenly, she stopped. He had been thinking to himself, looking across the distance, and now her wet eyes looked up to him, for comfort no doubt. His arms still layed around her tightly, protectively.

"Zelgadiss.." She whispered in a shaking voice. "I'm sorry, I - " She stopped as he placed his finger over her mouth.

"Shh, Amelia, its not your fault. Your just worried, thats all. Its understandable.." He gave her one more smile, he promised no more, but how many would she get out of him by morning? He took his cool fingers, and brushed her stray black hairs from her damped eyes, whiched made her glow brightly. "Tell me Amelia.." He began again. "Tell me, what triggered that.. outburst of emotion?"

Amelia stayed silent for many moments, looking away to the ground beside Zel before he raised her chin back to his gaze. She froze, his eyes made her melt.. "I-I.." She studdered. "Its like.. its like.." She felt a whole new stream of tears fall down her tear stained face. "Thats what my father said.. when my sister left us.. and we never.." Her voice cracked, but she tried despertly to hold herself together, "We never saw her again after she dissappeared.."

"Said what?" He asked, eyes filling with worry. So, he had said something wrong? He just wasn't good at this couple thing..

"We'll get her back.. I promise.." She whsipered, falling back to his chest to let her tears continue in heavy streams. Her eyes focused on the trees and grass, and flowers before her. Her vision blurred as the tears came.. But they were slowing.. "Zelgadiss.." She said, as soon as her voice would cooraperate.

"Hmm..?" He asked, a bit dazed. "I'm sorry.." He whsipered quickly.

"Its not that.. its not your fault.." She stated. "I just wanted to know.." She stopped for a moment, collecting herself and her words. "Do you.. Do you really want to marry me.. I mean.. Did I force..?"

"I wasn't forced.." He answered in a shaking voice. He was nervous, speaking his emotion never did come naturally to him. "Someone couldn't force me to do something like propose..." His cheeks flushed, stone skin becoming warm.

Their was a silent smile after that, one that came from the tiny princess that laid upon his lap..

Gourry's eyes seemed to have looked over everything! And still, nothing! It seemd like he was the only one searching.. Which was not true. He wouldn't let Sylphiel out of sight, for fear of losing her as well. Then.. he heard a gasp, his eyes darted to Sylphiel. "Wha - ?"

"Look!" She cried out, pointing down to the muddy ground that lay by a stream. There lay a dagger, a vary familar dagger..

"Lina's.." He said, suddenly short of breath. His heart seemed to have stopped. His head turned in another direction. On a branch, on the far right, laid a single glove, Also Lina's. His mouth went dry.

At that moment, Zelgadiss and Amelia made their apperance known. It was Zelgadiss whom spoke, holding up a glove. "Are you missing this, I see you've found its match."

Amelia stepped forward, secretly releasing his hand. "I think someone wants us to find her.."

Sylphiel looked to them, and felt the worry wash over her until it was almost unbearable. Her eyes traveled to each of them before she spoke once more. "We need to find her, and start seriously searching right now." With that, she was off in her own direction, Gourry in tow, yelling at her not to go by herself.

Amelia blinked, scratching her cheek and following along. She grabed and caught Zel's hand to take him along. They would get Lina back, she was determined. And absolutlely nothing would stand before her.

After searching around the very area they were standing an hour before, they found serval belongings of their little sorceress. Seemingly scattered on purpose.. It would seem Lina would have very little belongings left, including clothes, which worried them further. They searched until the sun was rising that very morning, no breaks. It was beganing to seem utterly hopeless...

Gourry fell onto the abondoned, broken log. His head resting in his hands. Everything was going wrong.. So very wrong.. Wasn't I supose to be her protector?! His mind screamed. "Stupid, stupid, stupid.." He muttered to himself, hitting his forehead with every insult. "I am stupid.. they were all right.."

"What was that, Gourry-San?" Amelia asked, looking very tired. She looked much like a racoon with the dark spots underneath her eyes. She looked tired, and in fact, she was just that, tired.

"Nothing.." He muttered, standing to search again, when he was forced (not really, since he's so strong, but he was too tired to fight) to sit back down. He looked up tiredly. "Sylphiel..?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "We have to - "

"Gourry-San." She said in a voice you could not say no to. Like a mother being stern to her young child. "We need to eat, at least." The blonde swordsman began to protest, that he would find her soon.. Again, Sylphiel cut in. "And what are you to do when you find her? How are you going to fight whatever, or whoever is holding her? Gourry-San, you ned to regain strength. We need to take shifts, do something to keep us alert and ready."

Amelia nodded, walking beside the healer. Her once bright blue eyes, were now weary from not getting the food, nor sleep needed. "I think shes right.. I know.. were all worried.." She looked up to Zelgadiss, and then quickly back to Gourry. "But.. we can't do anything if we are so weak.."

Slowly Gourry nodded. He seemed to be out numbered anyways.. His eyes stared at the pile they had recovered in the past hours. Then, felt a pang of pain in his heart, he held his chest, almost falling of the log. He gasped desperatly for air.

"Gourry-San!" Sylphiel cried out, running to his side quickly to hold him. His pain was quickly gone, but nonetheless, had happened. "What.. wha - "

"Lina.." He said quietly. "Its Lina.."


The sheirk of the whip rang out, and echoed across the large, deserted room. A scream followed, one of pain. A stream of blood fell to the puddle that had formed beneath her from the slashes before..

Lina looked up, still deteermined. She had promised herself she would not scream.. But she was never good with pain. Her eyes looked to the shadowy figure, she would have dragon slaved whoever was doing this long ago.. If it wasn't for her situation.. "Your a coward!" She called angerily.

"No, not a coward, smart." The shadowy figure smiled, still not revealing any feature to the sorceress. "I know that if you some how escape, you would track me down. I'd rather be doing the tracking."

The sorceress' eyes narrowed. She tried to move, tried to use her power, it was no use. Her wrists were tied with a rope from the ceiling. She couldn't move her legs, they were tied in the same fashion. When she moved, she only caused more injury to herself with rope burn, so bad they now bleed to no end. She felt cold, so very cold. It didn't help that she was hardly wearing anything, besides her under clothes. It made her feel dizzy and weak, but she would never let her enemy know that. No, not ever. She heard the crack of the whip again, and braced herself.."


Gourry felt the pain again, as he laid in the inns bed, although it was not as extreme as before. His eyes darted to the window. Darkness had once again taken over the day. At least he had gotten his way about searching the rest of that day.. He was very tired, and he had tried to sleep, but just couldn't. Everytime he was almost asleep.. He had the consistant dream of Lina.. being harmed in several ways. Ways in which he never wanted to see again. It made him worry further. He wanted her back, he wanted her back so bad! To know she was safe by his side.. And he wondered, was this how she had felt when he had been taken by that little boy.. what was his name? Well.. That wasn't important.. He felt lonely, even though the others were around. "Lina.." He called to his darkened room. "Lina.. come back please.."

Amelia looked over to her wall tiredly, she had slept.. luckily for her. Her eyes were no longer dark, Zelgadiss had insisted that she get rest while him and Gourry search. She had told him that she felt bad about that.. but he continued to protest until she had no chioce but to do what he asked. Letting out a heavy sigh, she turned over. It was like she had slept forever.. and stayed just as tired as before. It didn't matter anyway.. Her friend was lost. This was just like.. No, she wouldn't bring it up again, not even to herself. Looking out her window, she realized it was now morning again. "Breakfest.." She whispered before rolling out of bed and walking to the dining room.

Zelgadiss paced, yes hes had been pacing for the last half hour. Sure, he had gotten plenty of sleep, enough to stay awake for their task. Now all he needed was a bit of food.. But he could wait. Food wasn't his first proriety. His head turned to the corner of the room. There lay the pile, the pile of clothes left by whomever or whatever, for them to find. He had discovered somethings about the clothes.. Things he would not share with the three, at least not right now. While bringing in the clothes last night, he had gone through them, to find any clues. This was of course, after sending the other three off to bed. He wouldn't let Gourry take them, no, he needed to search and find something.. anything to help him find out what had happened to their friend. She had helped them so many times before.. This time they would save her. After searching through the pile of clothes, he discovered the blood. The blood that had covered her shirt.. And bits that had been stained on her boots and gloves. Her shirt was slashed at, it would seem, along with her cape. But the others would not know this, not now. They were too worried, of course, it was expected, but they would let their emotions take over. He took a seat upon his bed, and reached in his pocket, pulling out a braclet. He stared at the star that was printed on the little, blue ball upon the braclet. "Amelia.." He whispered to himself, though he would let know one in on his thoughts. "Amelia, I'm cluesless on what to - " There was a knock at the door that very second. Absolutly ruining that moment. Quickly he shoved it back in his pocket, and practicly ran, fell to the door. The door flew open, "Amelia?"

The young Princess' eyes now shone with a new bright day. Today it seemed she could take on the world, and in fact, thats what she had in plan. "Zelgadiss, lets go eat." She said quickly, taking his hand boldly. "We can hurry and - " Thats when she happened to look past his shoulder, and saw the pile. And saw admist the pile.. The dark stains that had been melded in.. "Zelgadiss.." She whsipered, covering her mouth and walking into the room. She needed to.. She had to.. "Wha - I..I don't understand.." She bent down, there was a rusty scent. "Zelgadiss.." She reapeated, feeling herself holding back the unwanting tears. Her eyes looked back to him, painfully. "Why.. Whats happened..?"

"I-I.." He said, not really know what to do. Maybe he should of hid them.. But he never expecting anyone in his room. Stupid him, of course people would come in his room! They had earlier, they would again! His eyes met hers, and for a moment, the world stopped. "Amelia.." He whispered back, like it was all he could do. "Amelia, please.. don't tell Gourry.."

"But - " She replyed, but was cut off before going any further.

"Amelia, if he knows... he'll be out of control.. Don't you remember, when She was possessed..?" Amelia quickly nodded, and he continued. "Lets just go eat, and we can search right after. We'll find her Amelia, I know we will. Lina's not the kind of person to just roll over and die.."

Again, Amelia nodded, her eyes now shining with the tears that were at the brim of her eyes. Without a word, she cosllaped upon him in a hug. She needed it.. And she was sure he needed the same. "Zelgadiss,we will, we will.."

Gourry sat, alone in the dining room. His eyes had not moved from their place, on his coffee. He would need it, to stay awake and alert. His eyes traveled from the cup only after he heard his friends heavy footsteps traveling from their rooms and down the stairs. He watched them make their way towards him, and take seats besides him. And soon after, Sylphiel doing the same. She looked well rested.. Proably because she was playing mother.. He let out a sigh as they ordered, he simply contiued sipping at his coffee, which was turning cool. He heard a comment, and his name. He turned his head toward Sylphiel. "Huh?"

"I said, how are you this morning? Did you rest well?" Asked Sylphiel, worry spreading across her face. She kept it to herself, however.

"Oh.." He replyed, rubbing the back of his head a little. "I'm fine, and I'm awake enough." He laughed it off, lightening the conversation a bit. "Lets just hurry, k?"


Lina's head drapped down, with no way to keep her head up. Her body felt so very sore.. Indeed, this tired girl was asleep, but not for long. Lina twitched a little, a dream that was playing in her mind.. One she jolted awake from. Her eyes flashed opened, and she felt something wet touch her skin.. No, more like.. slim? Her eyes then focused in the dark room, unfortunatly to her..

A giggle sounded in the room, it was pure enjoyment..

"S-S-S - " Her eyes darted around the room. She was frozen with fear. "S-S-SLUGS!!"

A large smile appeared upon the shadowy figures face. Ah, it was a good thing, watching Lina wasn't such a bad idea.. And neither was filling her room with slugs!

"AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~!!"


Again, they were in the forest. Gourry slung the heavy backpack over his shoulder with little effort. It held supplies, just in case it took longer then expected, they could just camp out. Plus, Lina's things...

Heavily he set the backpack down upon the moist ground. It was still morning, the sun still reaching out toward the sky. His eyes wandered their surroundings, trying to yet again find a clue that would lead them to her. He knew he shouldn't be so worried.. That she could take care of herself, that she had always before... But then.. But then why? Why had he insisted on being her protecter? Did she actually need him?

Yes, yes she did. Whether she'd like to admit it or not..

His eyes continued along the greenery, looking.. searching.. tree? Yes, there were plenty of trees in sight, but this one.. This one was different.. Somehow.. It just didn't fit. Slowly he stepped toward it, as if in a trance. Step by step he reached out his hand, reaching endlessly toward the old, rugged tree.

"Gourry-San?" Sylphiel said, running after him. "Gourry-San, what are you doing?" She took him by the shoulder. "Gourry-San, whats wrong?" His eyes told her something.. Something that made her so very confused... "Gourry-San.."

He pulled away, with no struggle. The goal, the goal.. He had to reach that tree.. Like it was calling to him. "Lina.." He whispered, before touching the tree and being absorbed.

"Gourry-San?!" Sylphiel cried out, bring the others to the attention of the distress. "H-Hes gone!"

Zelgadiss had only caught the last part of Gourry.. vanishing.. But how? How did he..? He walked to the tree Gourry had only moments before dissappeared . He too, reached out to the forbiding tree. He dissappeared, Amelia screamed.

Well, leave it to the boys to be experimental..

Amelia turned to Sylphiel, her face, pure disbelief. "How did they - what - " She babbled, pointing to the tree. "How did they - "

Sylphiel built up her courage. She wouldn't let them down, Gourry down.. "Amelia-San.." She whispered, talking her arm. "Lets follow, we have nothing to lose, right?"

The Princess nodded, and smiled a bit. "Lets go!" She jumped to the tree with great enthusasiam..

She was not sucessful.

Sylphiel picked up the pile of Amelia from the dirty floor of the forest, and touched the tree. Together, slowly.. they entered.

Upon opening their eyes, they saw a rather disturbing scene..

"A SLUG!" Amelia cried out, falling backwards. The giant slug simply tilting its head in a Gourryish awe.

"Its kinda cute.." Sylphiel commented, pulling Amelia along as she side stepped the slimy thing. "Anyways.. Lets find the - " She was silenced by the sounds of others..

"Zelgadiss!" Amelia cries upon hearing his voice. She quickly took hold of the shrine madian and ran. They would be of aid! And maybe.. just maybe.. They would find what they were looking for..

Zelgadiss brought out his sword, like Gourry had several mintues earlier. He was alert and ready, and now, very pissed. There before them was Lina, wrapped uncomfortably with rope, hanging from the ceiling by her wrist. A pool of blood surrounding her tiny body. And not a word came from her mouth.. Which was odd, becasue ususally she would have something to say about now.. "Gourry, be ready!" He called sternly, again standing his ground and waiting for the energy blast to come...

Gourry stood without waver. Finally he had found her, even if she was only gone a few days.. It was too many days.. "Bastard!" He screamed with a rage, eyes focusing from the enemy to Lina's soundless body, and to the enemy again. No, this thing.. person.. whatever, this wouldn't go unpunished! He cletched his sword tightly, and charged at the shadows.

"Gourry! You fool!" Yelled Zelgadiss, knowing better then to run into a blast of energy. "Gourry - "

The shadowy figure smiled, and rose the shaking hands that also came from the shadows. A murrmered chant sounded, and echoed off the bare walls. "I call upon - "

"Stop you feind!" Called a determined, stern voice. "This is not fair! Justice shall surely win! Let my ham - "

"Amelia!" Zelgadiss called, a sound of embarressment in his voice. he blushed, though you could hardly tell. "This is kinda serious.."

"I WAS being serious!" She insisted, taking her place besides him.

Zelgadiss smiled to her next to his side. by his side, always.. Thats when the blush spread further.. And darkened..

Gourry had reached his target, thanks to Amelia. He swing, and mysteriously, missed. "But you were right there!!" He yelled at the shadow before falling on his face. Although.. Now that he was here.. He looked to his left, and found Lina's body laying limply from her wrist. Scrambling to his feet, he ran to her...

"GOURRY-SAN!" Screamed Sylphiel, as she than watched him fly backwards from another energy blasts. Why.. why were they so very strong..? She tried to go to his side, but failed when feeling the barrier surround them. They were trapped!

"Now its just you and I.." The shadowy figure said slowly, the voice seemingly female. "I shall destroy you, but first.." Her gaze looked up. "But first.. First I shall kill you, the one named Lina Inverse!"

"Like hell you will!" Gourry yelled, again getting to his feet to charge the girl. He found himself not getting very far..

Lina weakly looked up, barely able to keep up her head. Not eatting for a couple of days and being tied up does that to you. Thats when she saw him. She saw his blue eyes shining from the distance, his golden hair flowing behind him.. And she wanted to cry. Mixed emotions tore apart her insides, a mix of fear, pain, delusion, and heartache washed over her, eyes beganing to blur.. "Gourry.." She whispered, staring at him with tearful eyes. "Gourry.." She yelled a little louder, some how finding the strength. "GOURRY!!" She finally screamed, she shook. Maybe it was fear that was taking over, or maybe even exhaution.. "Gourry..!" She called in a horse voice again, it must have been from all the screaming..

Gourry's blue eyes looked past his enemy. Past to where Lina was, where she cried out his name. "Lina!" He yelled back, fighting past her. "Lina! I'm coming.. ughh.. D-Don't worry!" He fought past the energy winds, to the amazement of all. But mostly, the person whom kept Lina captiave..

She laughed shrilly, focusing her attentions on the little, red-haired sorceress. Her smile widened. "This is for.. my love.." She rose something from her flowing, black cape that covered her slender, proportioned body. Her short, green hair fell out of place everywhere, and her yellow eyes looked determined to win. "Nothing will stand in my way, nothing." She said, her voice going deeper, sterner as she went. "For everything.. anything.. And all the pain you've caused to him and I.. I banis - " But before she could throw her magically amlified dagger, it fell loudy to the ground. She stood, shocked for several moments. Her body shook, and tears filled her eyes. "Xelloss-Sama.." She choked, voice now filling with pain. Lightly she touched the hand that went through her stomach with her own. "I tried.. I tried.." She smiled a little. "I did it.. for you Xelloss-Sama.. She wouldn't... get in our.." Before even finishing, she fell limply, hand still upon the mazoku's.

The purple-haired mazoku stared at her for many moments, before placing her to the ground. "You just won't do, killing before I can do my share." Again, he stared at her. "You were useful.. until now, although, I'm still gald I aquipted you with such powerful arms as magic.." His violet eyes then looked up to the shocked group. "What? It wasn't mysterious enough?"

Sylphiel looked at him with pure shock. "N-no.." She whispered, stomach knotting with worry.

"Xelloss-San.." Amelia said, with the same shock. Sure, he was a mazoku.. But still.. "You have traveled with us Xelloss-San! You've helped us serval times, so.. wh - "

"Sore wa himitsu desu!" He closed his once, open, serious eyes to shake a finger.

This gave Zelgadiss a greater reason to hate the mysterious preist. He looked to the girl.. The girl who had obviously been human. His eyes rose from the girl, and looked to Xelloss. Looked to him with all the hatred that sat within him. His totured soul reaching out to tear him apart. His fist cletched, and would have gone to settle things, that is, if the young princess hadn't taken him by his cape lightly. Her eyes reflecting worry, and her cheeks damp with tears.

Gourry, on the other hand, was moving quite freely. Since Xelloss was about to be taken care of, he should go get Lina. How good of shape was she in? Would she be okay? And millions of other questions followed as he reached Lina's weak form. His sword he pulled from his hilt, and slashed at the rope that confined her. As soon as the rope was cut away from the ceiling, he caught Lina. A very skinny, shaking Lina. He held her tighter. And then he turned, to face him. "Xelloss.." He said, narrowing his eyes.

"It seems like I'm not wanted here.." Xelloss said, mockingly pouting. "And we were just beganing too.. Ah well, we'll have fun another time, right?" He gave a smile. "I can't get rid of you too quickly! I didn't mean for her to hurt Lina-San quite so badly.. Ah, but you know.." He felt his neck tighten. "Ah, Gourry-San!"

"Touch her.. again, and I'll - " He threatened, tightening his hold.

"Well then, I'm not wanted! I'll play later!" He choked, and then dissappeared. This also made their black landscape leave also, returning them to the woods..

Sylphiel looked to Gourry, and Lina in his large, strong arms. "Gourry-San.." She whispered, looking at the unconsious, bleeding form. "I can heal her.. But we have to find some where to stay.. and she needs food.. lots of food.."

With a quick nodded, he began to walk in a direction. Which direction, it didn't matter... Although.. Now he saw lights.. "Oi, I think I found a town!!" He called excitedly.

Sure enough, it was a town. The bright lights dancing through the streets. Vines lining along each building. Fields as far as the eye could see.. And by the end of the woods, laid a little restarunt. A cozy little thing, and by this time, it was pretty late.. And they even wondered, would it even be open?There was only one way to find out..

Gourry brought Lina closer to himself, hugging her lightly. "Don't worry Lina.. you'll be alright.. and everything will be back to normal.. I promise.."


Authors Notes

Lokky! I finished chapter two! I haven't got lazy yet.. yet, lol. Hopefully I won't! I'm sorry, yet again I made it so very long! I just wanted to make sure everything fit.. And that I explained it.. blah balh.. Ya proably dun even READ this part! Oh well. Special thanks to my sister, Neko-Chan, for putting up with me! I can be a real bitch, and she still looked over this story to make sure I had them in character. Thankies Rocky! She read the story everytime I needed help or felt lost.. I thank you all for your time! I thank all my friends, beacsue they *made* me continue writing, lol (DANI!). Anyways, thankies for reading the second chapter! Don't you love my none sense names? If you'd like to contact me.. Please do it here: ChibiAiChan@cs.com ::looks at the time:: Ahh! almost 1:30 AM, I am VERY tired, and need rest! Thanks!

i lied about the "no japanese" >P


Chapter 3   |   Fanfiction