Part 12


When Zel woke up next morning he was a little surprised to se Kim sleeping with her head on his chest and her hand wrapped over his stomach. He didn't remember what he said last night. But he didn't mind at all.

"I can't really understand how you can sleep like that." He whispered to her. Not thinking that she would be awake.

"Why is that?" He was startled to hear her.

"Well, my skin is made of stone."

"I didn't notice." She said and looked up at him with a smile.

"You are too good to be true. Do you know that?" He said and smiled back at her.

"Now I know. Do you think that we should get up, ore stay here for a while?"

"I don't mind if we stay here."

"Me nether." She said and moved a little closet to him. And began to stroke his chest a little. Not really thinking about what she was doing.

"Kim, what are you doing?"

"Oh, sorry." She drew her hand back and sat up.

"I'll go and take a bath." She quickly rose from the bed and went into the bathroom. I've shouldn't have done that. How can I be so stupid? She tapped up the bath water and slipped into the warm water. It was weary relaxing.

Meanwhile Zel still laid in the bed trying to figure out what happened.

"I didn't mean it in that way. I'm so stupid. I should just have been quiet." Zel rose from the bed and walked towards the bathroom. I can't go in there now. She is taking a bath.

"Zel you can come in here. I don't mind."

"Oh, ok." He hesitated for a moment, then went in.

"Hi Zel." She was in a better mood now. She had forgotten all about the last five minutes, she had literary forgot about them.

"Kim are you alright?"

"Yes. Why are you asking?"

"I only thought that you might be angry with me."

"About what?"

"Earlier in the bed, I didn't mean it in that way." He looked down on the floor.

"Oh, I had forgotten all about that. Well things like that happen. So you didn't mind when I stroked your chest?"

"Not really." Zel was blushing and he still looked down at the floor.

"So you don't mind if I do it again?"

"I guess not." He heard a soft giggle and he looked up. Kim was leaning against the tubs edge with her arms crossed and her head leaning against them.

"Where are we going now Zel? I mean, are you going to look for your cure now, and if you are, are the others coming with us?"

"I guess so, but I don't think the others are coming with us. Amelia is going to go with that Dereck guy. And Lina and Gourry are going to look for threshers I guess. Why are you asking?" Zel looked iritated when he sad Derecks name. But Kin pushed it away and smiled a little.

"Oh, I was just wondering. And Zel, are you going to stand there the rest of the day or what?" Zel just then noticed that he was staring and forced himself to look away.

"Oh, sorry..."

"Zel can you do me a favor?"

"Um, sure what is that?"

"Can you had me a towel?" She blushed a little and looked at him.

"Of course." He took a towel and gave it to her.

"Thank you, and can you do one more thing?" Zel just nodded.

"Can you turn the other way for a while?" She blushed even more now.

"Oh, certainly."


Later that day all the slayers were gathered downstairs to say their good-byes. It didn't take that long so soon Zel and Kim was on the road without the others. After a few days Xellos showed up. At that time Zel was out in the forest, gathering wood for the fire.

"What do you want Xellos?"

"Who said that I would want anything? I'm just here to check how you are doing."

"Right and I'm the queen of England."

"I have something that you want...the question is how much you ready to pay?"

"You mean that you got the cure for Zel's curse? I'll pay anything fore it, anything."

"Ok, here is the book. I'll take my payment later and you'll know what it is when I have taken it."

"What do you mean? Xellos? Damn I hate it when he does that. Well let's see what this book says then." She opened the book where it was marked with a reed ribbon, and started to read.

"If it's what I have to do then I'll do it. But I better wait until it's time fore me to go, because he will never allow me to do it otherwise."


Several months went by and it was really frustrating for Kim to see Zel chase after a cure that she had all along. And one day things turned rapidly.

"Kim what's wrong?"

"My head, it hurts a little. I don't think it's something serious."

"What if it's the same thing that happened half a year ago?"

"I don't think it is. That time the pain was more..." She couldn't say more because she felt a wave of pain through her head and she screamed and fell to the ground.

"Kim take it easy." Zel was trying his best to calm her when he heard an evil laughter.

"Xellos what are you doing to her? Stop it now."

"I can't. It was her payment."

"Payment? For what?" Kim looked up at the trickster priest with pain filled eyes.

"Is this my payment? Shortening my time whit Zel? I should have guessed. Well I better hurry up then."

"What are you talking about Kim?" Zel looked straight into her eyes.

"Zel I love you and this is the best way I can show you that. Please forgive me fore leaving you. But after this you can get any woman you want, even if you could do that now also." She managed to stand up and Zel did the same. She gave him a kiss and then she started to cast a spell.

The curse you have shall now disappear.
The curse you had I now shall bear,
you shall never feel the pain,
let you forever be spared the pain.
I'll hope you live to be the same,
live forever and forget the pain.
Let the dark surround me,
let me take your curse,
and let you be the same you were before.

There was a dark light that surrounded Kim and Zel and after about 30 second it was gone again. Kim laid on the ground all curled up and didn't move.

"KIM?" Zel ran fort and sat down on his knees beside her. He just then noticed that her hair was white. He turned her over onto her back and looked down at her face. It was light blue and had stones inbedded around her eye and jaw.

"What have you done?" He stroked her chin it was hard like stone.

"She has given you your humanity back. Take a look at yourself."

"What are you talking about?" He looked down at his hands they were human again. He retched up and touched his hair. It was soft, not like wire like it used to be.

"Do..you..like..my..gift?" He looked down at Kim. She was struggling to breathe.

"Why did you do this?" Zel felt tears roll down his cheeks.

"Pleas..don't..cry. I..did..it..becaus..I..love..you." She retched up and brushed away his tears.

"I love you to. Pleas don't leave me Kim." She smiled at him.

"Look..in..my..bag..later..ok."

"Ok, but rest now. You are going to get well again."

"I'll..try..to..come..back, I..promise.." Then she stooped to breathe.

"KIM? KIM?! NOOOO." He hugged the lifeless body. And then he remembered what she said. He looked in her bag and found a short letter.

Dear Zel.

I'm sorry for doing this to you, leaving you alone. I hope that you can forgive me. I have a last wish I hope you can grant me. Can you berry me in a crypt ore something, so that my body isn't under ground if I manage to come back. I leave my belongings to you witch isn't that mush. You'll always have my Love don't forget that. And say goodbye from me to the others, ok.

I love you and I always will.

Kimberly Ohmsford

"I'll do as you which. Xellos I'm going to kill you fore this. But can you do one half-good thing today?"

"It's depends. What is it that you want me to do?"

"Tell the others about Kim's death. You'll get a meal from it."

"You're right. Well se you when you are going to kill me then." Then the trickster priest phased out and disappeared.


Part 13   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction