Part 9


She took her drawing pad and started to draw. After five minutes she was done with the sketch. And was about to start coloring it when she got a explosive headache. She grabbed her head in reflex. She almost cried out in pain but held it in. She didn't want to wake Zel.

"I got to get out of here before I wake him." She started to move towards the door when she felt a wave of pain and fell to the floor. This time she couldn't hold the cry in. Zel woke up and rose from the chair.

"Kim what wrong?" He ran to the curled up body on the floor.

"M...my head...it hurts."

"Don't worry I'll get you to the healers right away." He carefully lifted Kim up from the floor and ran down the stairs and out the door. The others were all downstairs and was eating breakfast.

"What's wrong now?" Lina said and looked up from her plate.

"Zel just ran out the door and was carrying Kim." Gourry said and was trying to snatch some of Lina's pancakes.

"WHAT?" Lina and Amelia yelled. They dragged Gourry and Xellos from the inn and ran after Zel.


Dereck had left last night because he had some things to do in his kingdom but he had promised Amelia to come back for her soon.


When Zel retched the healers Kim was unconscious and soaked with sweat.

"What happened here then?" A priest asked with a calm voice.

"I don't know. When I found her she was laying on the floor and said something about that her head hurt."

"I see. Lay here on the bed over there." Zel did what the priest said and watched when he used a healing spell.

"What wrong with her?"

"I don't know. She doesn't respond to the healing spell. When did this start?"

"Yesterday."

"Ok. Well the only thing we can do is to wait until she wakes up and ask her about it. You can stay here until she wakes up. I don't think it will take that long."

"Thank you..." Zel sat down on a chair besides the bed.


The other slayers had heard everything and Amelia went to sit on the other side of the bed. She almost felt a little jealous of Kim.

"She'll be all right Zelgadis."

"How can you be so sure about that?" He said with a cold voice not even looking at the princess. Amelia almost fell of the chair. She had newer herd Zel talk in such a cold voice before.

"Well she has you who loves her and Ju.." Zel cut her of.

"Don't even start with one of your speeches Amelia. Just leave."

"Zel that wasn't necessary." Lina said and glared at him.

"I meant all of you..."

"But Zel. We want to make sure that Kim is going to be all right. Every thing was quiet for a moment."

"I'm sorry Lina. It just that I'm so worried about Kim."

"We know you are. We are worried to you know."

"I know...I'm sorry."

"It's ok. We understand." Lina was looking at Zel.

I haw newer seen him like this. He really cares about her.

Zel stayed by Kim's side all night. He didn't want to leave her until she woke up. But she didn't wake up.


Part 10   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction