Dark Eyes


Eyes of ecstasy

Filia walked along with the rest of the group. She could feel Xellos watching her, but she refused to be baited. She felt a tap on her shoulder and spun around.

"What do you want..." she trailed off as her gaze was caught in his. Xellos' eyes were open, and they were positively hypnotic.

"Sore wa himitsu desu," he said.

Always haunting me,

That night Filia found it hard to sleep. She kept thinking about him; his gorgeous hair, his endearing smile, his handsome frame...his eyes... Even when she was finally exhausted enough to fall asleep, his eyes followed her, gazing determinedly out at her from his strangely sad features. She fancied she could hear his voice in her head, calling her.

Always taunting me

Over the next few days, Filia became very confused by Xellos' behaviour. He seemed to be watching her all the time, but she could never catch himat it. Then sometimes for no apparent reason, he would look at her,all serious, with eyes open, but he never said anything. It was veryaggravating, especially since these serious moments sent a thrill throughher entire body.

With your mystery.

Filia decided enough was enough one night, and confronted him.

"What do you want, Xellos?" she asked him. "Why are you always catching my eye and then looking like you want to say something but clamming up at the last minute?"

Xellos put his hands on her shoulders. "Sore wa...himitsu desu," he said, but he seemed so...sad! Filia was shocked.

Tell me tenderly

He started to teleport away, but Filia followed him. They ended upin his room, and she blushed, but it didn't deter her.

"You are going to answer me, or I am going to beat you into a pulpand then you're going to answer me...and 'sore wa himitsudesu' is NOT an answer."

Xellos dropped his gaze for a second, then looked up at her again. "I love you."

You belong to me

Filia was shocked.

"You...you..."

Her knees went weak from the shock and Xellos caught her before she could fall to the ground.

He loves me how could he love me he's a Namagomi Mazoku andI love him with all my heart how can he love me back Mazoku can't love they're evil it's impossible it's...

The last thing Filia felt before passing out was Xellos' arms around her, then all was black.

For eternity,

When she came to, Filia was on the bed and Xellos had laid a cool cloth across her forehead.

"I should never have said anything," he admonished himself.

"Yes, you should have," Filia said softly. "Otherwise I would never have been able to tell you my own feelings...you see, I love you as well."

"Honto?" Xellos asked, the light of hope in his slit-pupiledMazoku eyes piercing her heart.

"Honto," Filia confirmed.

Dark Eyes talk to me.

Xellos hugged her tightly and kissed her bruisingly on the lips and she almost passed out again in pleased surprise.

"No more secrets between us, please Xellos," she said earnestly.

"At least not about our feelings," Xellos smiled. It was a true smile for once, and the eyes which had captured her heart gazed into hers, "There's no more need of them now," he said.


Fanfiction