Part 2


He's finally come back. Lina thought to herself as she watched Zelgadiss take a sip from his cup. They had just entered the inn when she saw him.

"Zelgadiss." Lina muttered faintly as she glanced over at the person sitting alone at a table.

"Did you say something Miss Lina?" Amelia turned her head to no longer see Lina standing next to her, instead she was slowly making her way to the person at the table. Who just happened to be wearing a hood and drinking something. Once Lina got close enough she could see he had blue skin dotted with stones.

"Zelgadiss." She asked hesitantly. The man slowly put down his cup and looked up m at Lina.

"Lina!?" a smile came across his face. "It's been awhile."

"Yeah, it has hasn't it." she answered back.

"Are you going to stay standing or would you like to sit down?" Zel watched Lina blush then take a seat.

"Zelgadiss.." He looked up at her as he took a sip from his cup. "I...I wanted to say that I.." Lina knew if she didn't say something now he'd leave her again.

"Yes Lina."

Lina took a deep breath and looked into his eyes. "Zelgadiss I..."

"Miss Lina!" A voice called out from behind her. "No, not now." Lina thought as she lowered her head. Zel watched her smile fade.

"Oh Mr. Zelgadiss!!" Amelia cried then took a seat next to the chimera.

"Hey Zel." Gourry added then took a seat also.

"Hello you two." Zel sighed.

Amelia then turned her attention to Lina who had her head on the table. "Miss Lina is everything okay?"

Lina lifted her head and looked at the princess. "I'm fine Amelia, just fine."

Suddenly, Lina whipped her head around. "Oh my Gods!!! Look at THAT!!!" And as soon as Amelia and Gourry's attention was diverted, Lina jumped out of her chair, grabbed Zel's hand and ran with him out the door until they were a short but secluded distance from the inn. Lina knew this was her only chance, and she couldn't back out of it now. Besides if she held in her feelings any longer she'd go insane.

As soon as she had caught her breath, she turned to Zelgadiss and stared into his sapphire eyes.

"Zel before you go away again, there's something I must absolutely tell you now. I love you with all my heart and soul. From the first day I met you, I knew destiny was luring us together. All the treasure in the world wouldn't matter if I didn't have you to hold. Everytime that you leave me I'm an emotional wreck until you return." Tears streamed down her face, she grabbed his hands and held them tight in her's. Zel remained quiet, his expression serious.

"Please Zel, you have to take me seriously." she pleaded. "These are my ture feelings for you."

Time had seemed to stop for Lina, her surroundings were spinning and her heart leaped in her chest. Zel reached up and carefully wiped a tear away from her eye. She blushed and smiled.

"Imagine me, Lina Inverse, of all people crying like a baby. I can't believe I've just told you my darkest secret." She threw her arms around him and prayed she'd never have to let go. Zel gave a quiet sigh of relief and returned the hug.

"Lina.." he whispered "..I love you too."

"Zel.." Lina was gently interrupted as Zel leaned down and kissed her on the lips. Lina was shocked but eventually relaxed and returned his kiss. She glanced up at Zel, the smile he had slowly changed into a frown.

"Zel ?" She could tell something was wrong.

"We....should be getting back now. It's beginning to get dark." He said.

Lina looked at Zelgadiss curiously and nodded. He took her hand and they made their way back to the inn.

Amelia was the first to see the two walk threw the door. She jumped out of her chair and ran towards the two.

"Miss Lina, that was a very mean trick you played earlier!!"

"Sorry about that Amelia...I had something important to do."

Amelia watched suspisiously as Lina and Zelgadiss looked at eachother smiling. Before she could say anything else, Zel spoke out.

"I'm going to bed, I'll see you two in the morning." He walked up the stairs to his room.

A few moments later. "Well, it's kinda late, I think I'll go to bed also." Lina said then darted past Amelia and up the stairs. Amelia stood ther trying to understand what had just happened.

Lina walked down the hallway and stopped in front of Zel's room. She stayed there thinking for a minute. Then raised her hand to knock on the door. All of a sudden the door opened.

"Lina?!" He was still dressed in his normal clothes.

"Zel?! Umm well you see I couldn't sleep and I thought maybe we could talk.

"Sure Lina, come right in." She walked in and Zel closed the door behind her.

"Where were you going?" she asked as she took a seat on the edge of the bed. Zel hesitated a bit then answered.

"I couldn't sleep either so I was coming to talk to you."

"Really!?" Zel smiled and sat down next to her. They talked for a while, telling eachother of their advetures.

Lina let out a small yawn and rubbed her eyes.

"Tired?" Zel asked.

"What?" Lina answered in a sleeply voice.

He took her hand and stood up.

"Zel?"

Blushing a very bright red, he took off her cape, gloves, and boots then laid her on the bed. He then covered her with the sheets and sat on the edge of the bed besides her. The entire time Lina never made a sound.

"Zel...I" She said her voice finally coming back to her.

"Shhh" He interrupted softly as he touched his fingers to her lips, and began to caress the side of her face.

"It's been a long night my love. You should get some rest." He leaned down and kissed her good night, then stood up and walked over to the chair that was near the window. He picked it up and moved it next to the bed and sat down. Lina watched him do this. She got out of the bed and kissed Zel on the lips. He turned a very bright shade of red, she smiled as he did. He stood up and she wrapped her arms around him.

"I love you Zelgadiss." She whispered.

"I love you too Lina." And he kissed her passionatly. Lina buried her head in his chest.

"Don't ever leave me again my love." she said hugging him tighter. Zel kissed her on the head, Lifted her up and carried her to the bed. He laied her down and covered her again.

"Good night, my love." he told her and kissed her forehead. Lina smiled, gently closed her eyes and fell asleep. Zegadiss smiled and sat back down in the chair. He watched her all night, at times she'd call out his name in her sleep. Zel missed Lina very much when he was away. She was the only person that could make him feel normal and happy. She was the reason he lived each day. "She's so beautiful.." he thought. "..if anything were to happen to her, I'd never forgive myself." Zel looked over at the sleeping red head then at his hands, his stone hands. "This quest for my cure is a dangerous one, if Lina were to come with me, anything could happen to her, what if..." a tear shattered on the floor, he didn't want to think of what could happen to her if she were to come with him. But he knew she'd want to come anyway.

"Zel?" Lina called in her sleep. Zel gazed over to her, then back at his hands. Then stood up. He kissed Lina, and softly whispered "I'll love you forever Lina Inverse." into her ear.

Zelgadiss turned around and walked out the door.


Part 3   |   Fanfiction