Part 1: Don't You Just Love Cruising Around?


"Woo-hoo! I'm Queen of the world!!" A red hair girl whom we all know is Lina Inverse, the pirate/bandit killer, the enemy of all who live, and is also known as Lady Lina since Lady Luna is her big sister, the only guardian of Lina, and heiress of the Inverse estate, shouted out at the front of the ship. Most of the people on the ship paid no attention to her, as if this happened quite often.

"Lady Lina, please calm down. It's so unlady-like. What will Lady Luna think of this?" A girl or woman with priestess robes and long raven hair whose Sylphiel, Priestess of Sairaag, said with real concern for the younger girl.

"Calm down Sylphiel. If you don't tell big sister about this then she won't know about it, right?" Lina said through a big smile. She was supposed to be on a mission, actually. She was to escort Princess Amelia of Seiruun to meet her betrothed, Jeffrey of the Mailstar Family. But what harm is it to have a little fun. After all she had been working hard on her training. No matter how unlady-like it is, a girl's gotta know how to use a sword and know some martial art skills to go around escorting a princess half way across the Earth.

"I guess you're right Lady Lina. But you should at least keep your formal matters. Especially when we're at the Mailstar family estate." Sylphiel said through a weak smile. She was here to keep Lina in the right manners according to Lady Luna. But she doesn't seem to be doing it.

"I hear ya." Lina said and walked into the cabin to see the Princess Amelia drinking, or mostly staring, at a cup of hot cocoa. "What's the matter Amelia?"

"Uh? Oh nothing, nothing really. Well, there is something, just this thing about my betrothed, you know? I don't want to marry him. But I don't want to disappoint father anymore than he is. You know, about mother dying at an early age and about my big sister disappearing all of a sudden. And if I tell him that I don't want to marry after he had said 'I'll die a happy man once I see you marry your betrothed' he'll be so disappointed." Amelia sighed and went back to staring at her cup of now cold cocoa. "Something's are just meant to happen aren't they?"

"Hrm.. I feel sorry for you, but I can't do anything about it. My job is just to escort you to this place. And nothing's happened yet and I don't think it will happen since I'm her - " Lina was cut short when a loud BOOM on top of the ship's deck.

"You were saying?" Amelia said as she ran to the top followed by Lina.

"Ahh be quiet."

It would appear that this ship was under a pirates' attack (of course) and for the so-call guards who were supposed to be protecting the princess in times like this, well.. they were now swimming for dear life in the ocean. Pathetic. A huge pirate tried to attack Lina once she was atop the now messed up deck. She caught the pirate's hand and threw him into the ocean. She then looked at Amelia who was now beating on some pirates, despite that she was the princess. Knowing that the princess was okay, Lina quickly rampaged through the group of pirates up ahead.

Once Lina was sure all the pirates were down, she quickly went in search for Sylphiel and Amelia who where nowhere in sight at the moment.

"Sylphiel? Amelia? Where in hell are you?!" Lina shouted, then suddenly had to block an attack by someone, a reflex defensive mode.

But I thought they were all down?

Some more fighting ensued. Uppercut, punch here, kick there, and the battle was over when a man's voice and some clapping broke through.

"Most impressive Lina Inverse." The voice said, as Lina's opponent went to the man's side.

To Lina's surprise she hadn't even looked her opponent in the face. Lina did looked at him now. He wasn't wearing any pirate-like clothing, nor was his friend, assuming they were friends. Lina's opponent had silvery blue hair, brown pants and boots, white shirt, not to mention blue-green colored rocky skin. As for his friend, he had short dark purple hair, dark blue shirt, light brown pants and dark brown boots. He was smiling, Lina's opponent was not.

"Are you looking for her?" The man said holding up Amelia by the tight bond rope around her body. "Or her?" The man continued as he presented Sylphiel. She was by a tall blond man with a sword by his side.

"Amelia! Sylphiel!" Lina shouted then growled, "Let them go!"

"I'm afraid there's two ways of doing this Lina Inverse. By the way, do you want to be called Lina Inverse the pirate/bandit killer, or would it rather be Lady Lina of the Inverse estate?" The purple hair man said with an offering smile. Lina glared in reply. "Ahh, Lina Inverse it is. Anyway, the first way of doing this is to fight through all of us to get them back or you could come with us, not having to fight at all. We need to explain something to you, there's some misunderstandings going on." The man said with a smile. But he was smiling throughout the whole conversation.

"What about I give you the finger, and choose no way at all?" Lina countered, putting up the middle finger, which we all know what it means.

"Then we kill them." The man said as he put a dagger to Amelia's throat.

"Look Inverse, just come with us and everything will be okay." The man with the silvery blue hair said looking straight at Lina. "You can't even beat me, you won't be able to go through all of us."

"Why you! You want a rematch?!" Lina shouted, putting up a fighting stance.

"Lady Lina please! This is not the time to pick up a fight!" Sylphiel shouted but then looked down when she knew what she was doing. "I'm sorry for shouting at you Lady Lina. You were just trying to help us, after all ."

"No Sylphiel! You're right! I don't know about you Ms. Lina, but I value my life! Just admit you're defeated for once in your life and give in!" Amelia shouted, despite the dagger still placed on her neck. Lina clenched her fist from anger, but it wasn't Amelia or Sylphiel she was mad about, it was the fact that she was defeated this time and Amelia was right, she should give in.

"Fine! I'll give in! You win." Lina said as the silver blue hair man tied her wrist tight with a rope.

"Most intelligent decision, Lina Inverse." The man said and led all three of them onto their ship. The other pirates were up and about now too.


Notes

I'm not so good with explaining fighting scenes, so try and picture it yourself.

I'm also not at all good with words, please bare with me!


Part 2   |   Fanfiction