Part 4: Here are the Enemies!


The fight was ... how do we say it ... . SPECTACULAR! Everybody was fighting, even Sylphiel joined the party. The attacking ship was just an ordinary ship. No sign of skeleton cross-bone flags or anything. Then what does this ship full of trolls and ogres want?

"We want the red-head kid!!!" said someone with a body full of bandages, making him look a lot like a mummy. "Where is she?!!"

Lina, upon seeing this mummy-like man, eep'ed and hid behind Gourry, who was fighting off trolls, and Zel, who was fighting off ogres. The mummy-man saw Lina immediately after the dust from all the fighting cleared.

"There you are!!! It took me years to find you, kid!! Now I shall make you pay for what you've done to me!!" the mummy-man said, pointing furiously at Lina.

Lina sweatdropped. "Uh? What? Who are you? I think you're mistaken me for someone else." Lina played the

I'm-Cute-And-Innocent act, to which everyone sweatdropped, and the mummy-man played the I-Don't-Buy-It act.

"I will never forget that face! That red hair!! Get her!" Mummy-man shouted and/or ordered the remaining forces of trolls and ogres, which was a few.

"Now, now Zolf. Violence is not a way to solve anything." Lina wagged her index finger at Zolf (mummy-man).

[Sidebar: I think that sentence sounds more like what Xelloss would say, don't you think?]

Zolf steamed with anger. "To hell with that! And you!! Get her!!!" Trolls and ogres roared and took full charge at their given target.

"How ever did you fit all those monsters on that ship? Oh well, I guess it's time to play ... " Lina smiled. But I can't fire a Fireball! If I do this ship will have a new hole. That's not good. Better try something else. Lina finished her thoughts and cast some spells. It gather on her middle and index fingers making it glow green. After spells being done, she quickly cast it on each and every trolls and ogres.

"You mess with Lina the Bandit/Pirate Killer, you mess with Death. Now ... " Lina said and looked around and spotted Gourry. "Hey Gourry! Come here!"

Gourry looked blank and went over to Lina. "What?"

"Go and scratch them trolls and ogres up, will ya?" Lina said, pushing Gourry up front.

"But I thought those monsters have abilities to recover themselves." Gourry asked, despite the fact that he just killed a whole bunch.

"Just go in there and scratch them up. You'll get to witness one of Lina's most famous magic tricks!" Lina said, showing off just like a kid.

Gourry had another blank face (as usual) and unsheathed his sword, not taking out the Sword of Light. Before the trolls and ogres knew what hit them, they were reduced to ashes, Gourry had just scratched them with the point of the sword.

"What!! What have you done to my trolls?" Zolf shouted out loud.

"Yeah, what did I do?" Gourry asked the smirking Lina.

"Heh. I just reversed their abilities to heal themselves. Their ability to heal was so strong that when even a tiny scratch will turn against the healing ability." Lina smirked at Zolf.

"Wow! Ms. Lina, that was so cool!" Amelia squealed like the kid she is.

"That's not all of my tricks. Now witness the magnificence ... .FIRE -- " Lina chanted.

"Oh no you don't!! I know you're weakness! Come out Sea Slugs!!!" Zolf cut Lina short of chanting. Three HUGE slugs appeared at Zolf's command. Lina's mouth hung low, then she ... ..

Scream. Hang on Gourry's neck. And screamed some more.

"SlugsslugsslugsslugsslugsslugsslugsslugsSLUGS!!!!!!!!" Lina tightened on Gourry's neck, making Gourry turn a shade of blue and purple.

"Must ... ... .. breath ... ... " Gourry tried to pry Lina off but the shaking girl just tighten it more.

"She's afraid of slugs?" Zel asked Amelia, but it seems she and Sylphiel back away from the Sea Slugs also. Not nearly as shaking as Lina, but enough to be called a 'girl'.

"Those are Sea Slugs, Zel-buddy. " Xelloss told Zel. He continue when Zel growled in reply. "Those kind of slugs are immune to salt, since they live at the bottom of the sea."

"Hahahahahaha!!! Wonderin' how I knew about your weakness?! Well, I'll tell you! You're Mother Tibbly, the nanny of the orphanage you were grown in, told me that slugs are "Reddy's", or shall we say Lina the Bandit/Pirate Killer's weak spot!!!" Zolf and the remaining trolls roared with laughter. "Who would've thought she would be scared of something so girlish since she looks more like a boy than a girl!!!"

Lina let Gourry's neck go, which by now he fainted from suffocation, and glowed red.

"Sooo ... looks like a boy, do I? Scared of something so girlish, am I? I'll show you girlish!!!" Lina raised her hands towards the Sea Slugs, chanting spells under her breath.

"Oh no! This is getting kind of dangerous." Amelia said, looking at Lina's glowing red aura around her body. "Dodge for cover!!" Everyone took Amelia's advice and ducked just as Lina finished her chantings.

"DIEM WING!"

"FIREBALL!!"

"AQUA CREATE!!!"

Translation:

Diem Wing = Hurling the remaining trolls and three slugs out to the open sea.

Fireball = Reducing those monsters to ashes.

Aqua Create = Wiping the remaining ashes into the sea.

"Nooooooooo! Look what you've done to my precious monsters!!!" Zolf cried at the unbelievable scene. She was just scared to death a minute ago! Ohh ... the little witch will get what she deserves! I'll ... . huh?

Zolf looked up to find Lina hovering over his wrapped up, kneeling form, cracking her knuckles.

"Now, what were you saying?" Lina asked quietly. To Lina, Quiet = Dangerous.

"Don't think for a minute that I've lost! I still got a trusty ally on my side!" Zolf got up and beckoned to someone on his ship. "Hey, lady! It's your turn! Come out!!"

OHOHOHOHOHOHO!!

Everybody cringed at the hideous noise, especially Lina. That laugh ... that hideous laugh ... . Lina thought, turning to the newcomer.

"Who dares defy me? The most beautiful and powerful sorceress in the whole world! OHOHOHOHO~! The newcomer appeared on the ship's rail. She had long dark blue-black hair, huge ... . Melons, and a great body. She wore a skimpy black leather bikini indicating the Less-Is-More theory. She looked at the opposing ship, from each person to another.

Amelia looked at the newcomer and thought, She seems so familiar ... where have I seen her before? For moment, Amelia thought the newcomer had looked at her longer than any other person. She shrugged it off and thought it was just her imagination.

Newcomer looked from Sylphiel to Amelia, paused for a moment, and then to Zelgadis to Xelloss to Gourry to ... .. LINA!

"Oh it's you Lina! I should've guessed when he described you as an undersized, small chested, short tempered, selfish little brat! Well, time to get to work. I hope you won't have any hard feelings, Lina. It is a job I have to do since I didn't go into a rich Clan. So don't mind if I -- "

"FIREBALL!" A huge boiling fire ball made its way towards Newcomer, blowing her and half of Zolf's ship up.

"What in the hell are you doing, Naga?!" Lina yelled furiously at the form climbing up the ship occupied by Lina and Co.

" ... that was a little harsh ... Lina ... " Newcomer, known as Naga, climbed up by the rail and sprawled on the floor, having a very early nap.

Lina sighed and turned to Sylphiel. "Sylphiel, will you please heal her up? I think I over did it a little."

Sylphiel nodded silently and kneeled down to Naga's extra crispy body and chanted a soft healing spell. For awhile nothing happened, then Sylphiel's hands glowed with white aura and the aura was now being fed into Naga's burnt body. For another while, once the healing process was done, Naga didn't move, then she started to twitch, but didn't get up.

Lina was an impatient girl, she was getting annoyed. "Naga, you better wake your butt up before I do something more violent than a Fireball to you!!!" Lina shouted into Naga's ears. After opening her eyes, Naga wove a white flag and tried to get up, arms supporting body.

"I surrender, I surrender ... ... " said Naga, getting up. "You're such a bully ... "

"Oh shut up! Don't have any shame working for the forces of darkness?!" Lina yelled at Naga.

"What? He's bad?" Naga asked Lina.

Lina rolled her eyes heavenward. "No duh, Naga. Just take one look at him!" Lina gestured to Zolf, who was now getting the idea and backing away.

"Well, he didn't have any sign of being a pirate." Naga reasoned.

"What about the trolls and ogres? Don't you think that's enough sign?! Who but pirates would have monsters as comrades?!" Lina retorted.

"Well, then, in that case I'll help you Lina. Prepare yourselves evildoers, for I, Naga the White Serpent and my Junior partner shall punish you!!" Naga announced, dramatically pointing at Zolf.

"Ex-cuuse Me?!! But who's your Jr. Partner?!" Lina yelled at Naga, but she didn't listen.

"Y-you can't do that! I paid you in advance!" Zolf shouted out shakily.

"Well, there happened to be a law that states you don't honor contract from the forces of darkness."

"There's such law?" Gourry asked blankly.

"No there isn't. She's making that up." Zel said, folding his arms in boredom.

"You know, there should be such law. Maybe once I get home I'll suggested to Daddy." Amelia said, tapping her chin.

"But-but that's not fair!!!" Zolf cried out loud.

"Too bad. We -- " Lina prepared a Flare Arrow.

"Couldn't -- " Naga continued, preparing a Diem Wing.

"Care less!!" Naga and Lina shouted in unison and released their prepared spells. Diem Wing blew Zolf up high in the sky, while

Flare Arrow light Zolf up like fireworks in the Forth of July. Zolf came splashing down into the ocean, unconscious.

"Heh, that was easy." Lina smirked to Naga. "Like good ol' times, huh Naga?"

Naga grinned to Lina. "Yeah, until you were unable to stay at the orphanage any longer. Leaving your only companion and most powerful rival behind."

"Whatever happened to you after that, anyway? What happened to Mother Tibbly?" Lina asked.

"Oh, she -- "

"Could we have this discussion later? We're almost on Seiruun Port." Zel said, pointing at the docks full of people.

"Huh? We're here already? Who was directing the ship whiling all this is happening?" Lina asked.

Xelloss popped in. "That would be I. While all these interesting events happened, I was steering the ship. But nobody noticed, since they were all into the Pay-Per-View events." Xelloss never lost his smile. Lina shivered, and no doubt everybody else did too, and shrugged.

Big Sis will probably send someone to get me. She probably told Phil to pick up Amelia and the others too. Oh well. And as Lina had thought, someone from the Inverse Estate and Seiruun Castle was sent to picked them all up. Lina and Sylphiel said good-bye to the others and they would try to visit if they could.

Everyone separated thereafter.


Notes

Please bare with me here. The whole thing is coming to an end.

One or three more episodes and it'll end.


Part 5   |   Fanfiction