I Love You


Notes

Song by Sarah McLachlan off of the Surfacing CD.


"I have a smile, stretched from ear to ear. I see you walking down the road."

Amelia sits with Lina at a small Cafe. Lina laughs as Amelia is telling a joke. Suddenly Amelia's face lights up. Lina looks behind her. Across the street and down a block stands a tall figure clothed all in a deep purple. He starts walking towards them.

"I meet at the lights, I stare for a while. The world around us disappears."

Amelia gets up, and slowly walks toward him. About halfway there he throws his arms open and she comes running into them. "Xellos. I thought you were gone already." Xellos smiled and says nothing. The two of them just stare at each other.

"It's just you and me, on my island of hope. A breath between us could be miles."

"Amelia-Chan, I don't have long. I must return soon." Xel almost cried.

"Oh, Xel-Chan. It will all work out for the better. Let's not talk of it. You'll be back here soon enough."

"let me surround you, a sea to your shore. Let me be the calm you seek."

Slowly their lips meet. There is no one else in the world except for them. As the kiss deepens, they entwine themselves to each other. Only feeling, and needing the closeness and love the other can bring.

"and every time I'm close to you, there's too much I can't say. And you just walk away..."

Finally pulled back to reality, Xellos broke the kiss off, and smiled at Amelia. "I'll see you when I get back." He called turning his back and walking away.

"and I forgot to tell you I love you. And night's too long, I'm cold here without you."

Two months later

Amelia laid, sobbing in bed. She'd been there for a week, hugging his pillow. How could he have died. He promised he come back. Bring him back!! She screamed in her head. Lina entered the room, and opened the window like she had every other morning. "Amelia, are you going to come downstairs?" Amelia shook her head no, still clinging to the pillow. "Amelia," Lina said coming to sit next to her best friend. "You know you're my best friend. I can't stand to see you like this. Please get dressed and come downstairs. His parents will be coming over soon. Afterall, today is the funeral. Please, get up." Lina then went to the closet and pulled out a very simple black dress for Amelia. "Please Ame."

"I grieve in my condition, for I cannot find the words to say I need you so."

Slowly getting out of the bed, Amelia went into the bathroom and took a shower. As the water slid over her; her thoughts went back to her love, Xellos. After her shower, she dried off, and put on the dress Lina had picked out for her.

"... oh, every time I'm close to you, there's too much I can't say. And you just walk away"

Coming down the stairs, they all sucked in their breath. She was as beautiful as ever. The simple black dress accented her fair skin and beautiful violet eyes. Those eyes which just weeks before, shined with such happiness and joy at finding she was carrying Xellos' child. Zelgaddis, and Gourrey had arrived a few minutes earlier. Both came to give their condolences. A door opens, and in walks Xel's parents. "Amelia, are you ready to go?"

"and I forgot, to tell you I love you, and lines too long I'm cold here without you."

As the preacher drones on throughout the ceremony, Amelia's eyes fill with tears, as she rests her hands on her stomach and thinks of the child within. Oh, Xel. We're going to have a child, we're going to be parents. The preacher then asks Amelia, if she would like to speak on behalf of the deceased. Slowly, Amelia walks to the side of the grave. In a voice, so shaky she says simply. "Here lies, the most beloved man in my world. He was the kindest, sweetest, most gentle man I've ever known. We were to be married after his tour of war was up. He shall be missed not only by his friends and family, but also by the child he never knew he was going to have."

"I grieve here in my condition for I cannot find the words to say I need you so."

As the coffin lowers into the ground, Amelia is rushed to the hospital. Lina is beside her in Ambulance. When they reach the hospital, Lina is told that Amelia is unconscious, but that the baby was okay. Lina went into Amelia's room and sat beside her. "Ame-Chan, please wake up. If not for me, for you're child's sake. Don't do this to me. I already lost Xel, I don't want to lose you as well." She laid her head on her friends hospital bed.

"I won't leave Lina, I have a child to take care of." Amelia whispered. "Besides, we'll see Xellos again very soon. Because part of him lives on inside of this child I'm carrying."

Lina cried, and hugged her friend. "I love you Amelia. You're the only family I've ever had." Amelia whispered, "I love you too, Lina. Will you help me raise this child?"

"Of course!" was Lina's heartfelt response.


Fanfiction