Life on the Farm


Lina's eyes opened at the crack of dawn, or it could've been some other crack, don't ask me, I'm just the narrator. An Inverse at 6:00 AM is a very disturbing thought. She scrambled out of bed, muttering every insult known to the human world, while slipping on some kawaii bunny slippers.

While grouchy-headed Lina was getting ready upstairs, the rest of the group was already awake and moving. They had to have breakfast ready before Lina made it downstairs, if they wanted to live through this week of hell on a farm.

"Lina-san has stooped to lows to get money before," Ameria complained while frying eggs "but I never thought she was go so low as to make us work in a farm."

Xelloss was a bit too happy outside in his straw hat and over-alls, harassing the cows! What fun! Gourry was feeding the chickens, and almost bonding with them. They were so understanding. Zelgadiss just sipped his coffee, listening to Ameria's complaints about this whole thing being very unjust. Filia and Sylphiel seemed to be rather unhappily plowing in the field. Ah yes, a week of this hell. Lina stumbled down the stairs just as breakfast was being served.

"Ohayo, Lina-san." Ameria whimpered, Lina had been extra grouchy lately. Lina just scowled and ate. I don't think she likes being a farmer.

After hours of toiling, and being yelled at, pummeled, and fireballed by Lina

That evening they all laid out infront of the house, taking a rest before the evening chores.

"The chickens told me to find my inner self!" Gourry claimed, while beaming. They all sweatdropped.

"The cows seem very displeased at my presence," Xelloss pouted, "Im hurt. But oh well! If they dont want to negotiate, we can make burgers." Sweatdrop.

"Xelloss-san! Hurting the cows would go against the code of justice!" Ameria cried.

"Demo.. Ameria," Lina murmured, quite agitated "You ate a steak last night."

Ameria gasped in utter horror. She?! The ally of justice has broken the code?! Ameria stalked off to sulk. Zelgadiss rolled his eyes and continued to sip his coffee. Only four more days of this hell.. only four more days.


Fanfiction