Part One: The Trip


"7 days?!" The group repeated.

"yep! Just 7 days!!" Lina said smiling to herself. 7 days to a legendary temple of x-tremlly powerful spells!! She opened her eyes, to see her friends all looking doubtful, as if they had better things to do. Lina shot them the 'don't come and I'll dragon-slave your butt 10 times' look. Everyone sighed, but packed.


"Lina-san! It's getting dark! We really should stop!" AMelia pleaded. No one could blame her. Lina put them walking for over 8 hours. No breaks.

"c'mon Amelia, just because your exhausted, doesn't mean the rest of us are!" Lina said. Then, she turned around to see everyone except Xelloss, Zelgadiss, and Filia were dead in their tracks. Then, Lina realized she wasn't doing to well herself. And, she was HUNGRY!!"okay, just for you guys, we'll set camp" When everything was set, Lina and Gourry were having a midnight snack on one side of the fire, Filia and baby Val were playing, (baby Val is still not able to turn into a human quite yet) and Zel and Amelia were on the other side, Amelia asleep on Zel's chest. Lightly blushing, Zel was finding out the coordinates of their camp.

"Gourry and I are going to bed" Lina called out before going into her and AMelia's tent. When Filia looked at the food supply, she sighed. "Man, I knew 20 days of food wasn't enough. It'll be gone in 3 days if they keep up their appatite."


"we really should get some rest for tommorrow" Zel said. He and Filia were talking for a while now, and it was pretty late. Zel took AMelia, who was still sleeping on him, and put her in Lina and AMelia's tent. Then he joined GOurry in their tent. Filia went to sleep in her and baby Val's tent.

Up on the tip of the tall tree's above Lina and gang's camp, a familiar trickster preist levitated around, and he felt somthing. Some sort of prensence...After a minute, he realized what it was. "no way..." Xelloss said, then, he fell. all the way to the bottom of the trees, his magic was gone.


Filia woke up, but her baby dragon was gone. "wheres Val?" she wondered. SHe chnaged and went out for a search for him. No one was awake yet. After about 15 minutes, she found him, but was surprised to see that Val was latched on to Xelloss' arm, and refused to let go. Xelloss' dark blood was everywhere. Filia took Val, and strarted to lightly laugh."yea, you can wake up and disapeernow namagomi"

He didn't budge.

"ha, very funny! Why don't you just teleport outta here?"

He started to open one of his eyes."I-I can't"

"nani?" she could see pain written all over him. "god, why me?" She started to casst a healing spell, but nothing happened. "Nani? my magic won't work?"

She statrted cast all sorts of spells, none of which worked. Xelloss started to moan. Had he lost his power too? Filia put Val on her shoulder, and picked up Xelloss, bringing him back to the camp. Amelia, Zel, and Lina were up, GOurry was snoring in the background, and Lina spit out her food when she saw Filia.

"Okay, who are you and what did you do to Filia?"

"AMelia, see if you can heal him" Filia said ignoring Lina.

"uh, Filia-san? He's a mazoku"

"just try, I'll explain later"

"uh, ok Filia-san, whatever you say..." Amelia tried to cast a healing spell, but it wouldn't work. "Nani?" she gasped. She tried a fireball.Not even a spark. "Filia-san! What happened - "

"NO!!!!! My magic! It won't work!" Lina screamed. She triend a dragu-slave."No! Filia, explain this!"

"I wish I could."

"My magic won't work either" Zel said

"Lina-san, I think we should go back. Somthing's wrong" AMelia suggested.

"no way! And leave this opportunity behind?!" Lina screamed.

"Hey Lina, whats wrong?" GOurry said as he woke up.

"But if we lost our magic we're pretty much dead" Zel said." I have my sword, Filia has her mace, but thats it. Gourry hadn't gotten a new sword yet"

"Hey! Is Xelloss hurt?" Gourry asked, looking at the pretty much dead mazoku.

"He lost his magic too, and he's hopless. from when I found him, it looked like he fell from a great distance, and then Val was, uh, using his arm as a playtoy." Filia said still carring Xelloss and Val.

"lie him down on my Sleeping bag, it's unjust to not help the injured. " Ameila said laying out her sleeping bag.

"Filia, your a Ryozoku, and know a lot about healing. You should also no techniques that don't use magic, am I correct?" Lina asked her.

"yes Lina-san, but - " Filia started

"don't but me! heal him now! if he's dead,we are in serious trouble. He's probably knows what happened too"

"alright Lina san, but it may not work on mazoku, plus it will take time, we can't travel for a while"

"oh - alright, just cuz I'm assuming he'll give me my magic back"

"ok, Zel-san, GOurry-san, AMelia-san, and Lina-san, I need your help getting some stuff."

For the entire day they triend to heal Xelloss, but there wasn't much they could do. He was improoving, and at least he still had a heartbeat.

"Lina-san, why must I stay with him tonight?" Filia asked.

"cuz were tired, and your the one who knows the healing stuff"

"argh"


Part 2   |   Fanfiction