Journey


She keeps glancing at me, it's not like I don't notice. I just smile at her as we continue our journey. I wonder why she doesn't tell me to go. She was following me before for something I had. But I don't have it anymore, I gave it back! So why am I still aloud to follow her? I don't think I would anyway. Who would be there to protect her? I feel her gently take my arm, and I smile. She laughs and talks of food we'll eat and place's we'll stay. I know she is happy, and that, in turn, makes me happy. I know I may not be the smartest man in the world, but I know what I feel inside. I laugh and talk to her, like when we first met. But now she would take my arm, and not shy away. I tell her how happy I am, and how I wish to never leave her. Even if sometimes I get hit by her. It seemed to happen less and less anyway. I saw her blush, and she looked to the ground. Now I don't know if what I said was wrong, for there is no answer. But, finally, I see her look up, and slugging me in the arm before taking it again. She whispered to me shyly how she agreed, I should never leave. Her voice trembled, and I knew it's what she feared. I take her hand, and I feel her slightly hesitate. I knew she was scared, but so was I. I told her about what we should eat, and our conversation started again.


Fanfiction