Untitled Songfic


Giving a frown, the small figure leaned against her window sill of the inn she was staying at. It was a peaceful night, and she couldn't help but think of her past. Her best friend, though she wouldn't admit it, Gourry, stayed in the next room. Well, best friend she would admit.. Something more on the otherhand.. Was there something more... She never really thought about it until she met Auntie Aqua, and ever since she couldn't get it out of her mind.. Gourry and her had been in many fights together.. He had saved her many times.. She had saved him.. Her eyes started to glaze as she thought of the first time she had met the Jelly fish for brains.

We were strangers
Starting out on a Journey
Never dreaming
What we'd have to go through

And boy.. Had they been through a lot.. She remembered when she thought she had lost him forever, when the Hellmaster took him... "I casted Giga Slave.." The small sorceress said to herself, still a bit amazed.

Now here we are
And I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you

"I choose Gourry over the world.." She repeated from her momery, one of the last things she remembered before the darknes..

No one told me
I was going to find you
Unexpected
What you did to my heart
When i lost hope
You were there to remind me
This is the start

Okay, so maybe he wasn't the smartest guy in the world.. And maybe it was true when hes called 'Jellyfish for brains..', maybe, just maybe, i do have feelings.. She told herself, but quickly covered the thought by something else,anything else. Yet.. It kept coming back. Why couldn't she shake the feeling that she felt whenever she saw him.. It wasn't true! Was it..?

Life is a road
And i wanna keep going
Love is a river
I wanna keep flowing

Finally, Lina Inverse stood from the window. She had to do something about this.. It had been going on for three years now.. Brushing back her hair, she got the nerve to knock on Gourry's door, and when it opened, she found she had nothing to say. "G-Gourry.." Why was she so nervous..? She had talked to him a million and one times before!

Life is a road
Now and forever
Wonderful journey

She cradled a pillow tightly to her chest, when he asked her what was wrong. How was it he always knew..? He may be dense... But he made up for it with heart.. She felt like Dragon Slaving him there and then. But she knew it wouldn't make her feel any better. Maybe after i tell him.. She thought.

I'll be there
When the storm is through
In the end i wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

She finally looked into his eyes, after revealing what she kept in her heart for so long. She had worn a good mask, of course, but that over time had worn thin. He smiled at her, and she slowly smiled back. They stayed silent for a long while.. till finally Gourry stood. "I'm hungry." He annonced to her.

We were strangers
On a crazy adventure
Never dreaming
How our dreams would come true
Now here we stand
Unafraid of the future
At the beginning with you

As Lina followed, she saw him look back. He had a look in his eyes.. One he'd only looked at her with.. And they ordered. Soon after,they were out on the road, doing what they do best, fry bandits!

Life is a road and i wanna keep going
Love is a river i wanna keep going on
Starting out on a journey

Of course, things stayed the same, but slowly.. Slowly they became closer. Things take time, and time is money, or so they say. "Gourry.." Lina whispered one night in her sleep, only a year after she had confessed. And arm wraped around her back with gentilness only a lover could give.

Life is a road and i wanna keep going
Lovev is a river i wanna keep flowing
In the end i wanna be standing

The small sorceress wakes slowly, only to look at her lovers blue eyes. She was glad she told him, because you couldn't live life in the past.. And she knew she was happier, as was he. He kissed her lips softly, as she snuggled closer. Content they would be, for this was destiny.

At the beginning with you..


Fanfiction