Part One: Fate Decided


I know your life is empty
And you hate to face this world alone
So, you're searching for an angel
Someone who can make you whole,
I cannot save you; I can't even save myself,
So just save yourself
I know that you've been damaged
Your soul has suffered such abuse,
But I am not your savior
I am just as f***** as you...
I cannot save you; I can't even save myself,
So just save yourself
Please don't take pity on me,
Please don't take pity on me,
Please don't take pity on me,
Please don't take pity on me,
My life has been a nightmare
My soul is fractured to the bone
So if I must be lonely
I think I'd rather be alone...
You cannot save me
You can't even save yourself...
I cannot save you...I can't even save myself...
Save yourself... so just save yourself.

Save Yourself Stabbing Westward, Vocal: Christopher Hall


Agony that was the first word that he could muster to describe what he was going through right now. Damn it! Normally he could cheerfully say he enjoyed pain and suffering, at points his own, but this was not his idea of fun. Oh the humiliation of it all, the powerful servant of Zelas Metallium treated worse than a toy to throw away! His Mistress had not even bothered to administer his punishment firsthand, and merely summoned some faceless minion to spend hours upon hours torturing him until he was gasping for breath. All the while, he was forced to listen to the annoying taunts and jeers of other lower class Mazoku, silently fuming.

He smirked at his "captor," gritting his teeth together as he felt a fine bladed razor dance across his taut abdomen. His careless demeanor only earned him a sharp smack to his face, his grin laced with satisfaction as he tasted the tangy hint of blood from a split lip. Next came the searing sensation of burnt flesh as a hot poker traced whimsical patterns down one muscled forearm. Juuou was more than displeased he surmised, she had only once before let someone else discipline her "favorite" priest. His mind froze as it recalled the other occasion he had pissed Zelas off and he deliberately focused on his injuries instead.

By now he was bored with the continued pattern, this particular routine occurring a countless of times over a period of a month. Suddenly, the odd Mazoku paused, breaking away from the rigid confines of normality as it looked in another direction. Xellos quirked a brow dotted by sweat, noting the arrival of Juuou-sama well she had finally deigned to grace him with her presence.

The Greater Beast surveyed the sight before her with dispassionate eyes, her jaw tightening as she noted the prevalent arrogance Xellos radiated. He had not learnt a single thing as she had dreaded; it would seem she had been far too lax with him in the past. She had to tread carefully, as she had no interests in breaking her Priest merely yanking at his chain a little. Her molten gaze traveled up his trim form, lashes lowered marginally as she focused on areas of his body singed by flames, and sliced open with artful skill. At the very least, she could sense his embarrassment at his treatment, resembling a mother chastising a naughty child; she could also feel the tiny twinges of hurt that she had not done it herself. With a bland wave, the gathered assembly took their leave, ensuring the conversation she was about to have with Xellos would be completely uninterrupted.

"I gave you countless days to think over your actions, but it has done no good. Your loyalty is only supposed to be with me...Xellos. You cannot have connections with those...humans. I made one exception for that half elf you call 'daughter', but only because she is useful and extremely powerful."

"My loyalty is with you Mistress..." He whispered raggedly, voice strained by the effort it took not to groan. "I merely was protecting your interests...."

"So you say, but I do not believe that to be the case."

"How...must...I prove myself Mother?" A soft and faint gasp, his gaze clouded by the full extent of his torment.

"Kill the Dragon, or maim her severely at the very least." He stiffened, absorbing the flat order with an unreal calm. Somehow, he had known she would ask that of him, although she knew it would hurt him to carry out the task to completion. He nodded weakly but managed to query in a weary almost numb croak:

"How...? Is...there anything...else...you need done?"

"Hmm, good question. You certainly are not in good health, so I do not expect my command handled immediately. As always, you are to trail after Lina, and if possible find out what happened to Ameria." She kissed his forehead, and he yelped as his brain registered a strange buzz...and he succumbed to a state of unconsciousness.

She murmured drolly, her expression wry: "Just in case you fail to fulfill your duty, I've got a back up plan to prevent that." Thus, she sent him on his way dumping him negligently in a forest, naked and horribly mangled. He would be found later on by his companions and no bandits would dare touch a man who has been marked by the Claw shaped insignia of the Greater Beast.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction