Chapter 6


"Here you go, Xelloss," Filia said, handing Xelloss a bowl of applesauce and a baby spoon. "Have fun." She pulled up a chair at the other end of the table and sat back to watch. She should have thought of doing this months ago! She got a break from her normal day and had the chance to watch Xelloss make a fool of himself at the same time. Grinning, she poured herself a cup of tea.

What's so hard about this? Xelloss silently wondered. All I have to do is get the food from the bowl to Val's mouth. That should be simple. He smiled, set the bowl in front of Val, scooped up a spoonful of food, and held it out in front of the baby. Val giggled and smashed his chubby fists into the bowl of applesauce. Splat!

Filia giggled at her mental image of applesauce-covered Xelloss. Then, Xelloss turned around and glared at her. Applesauce was on Xelloss' face, his hair, his clothes, everywhere!

The sight was too much for Filia. She laughed so hard, she nearly fell off her chair.

Scowling, Xelloss wiped at the applesauce covering his face, but he only succeeded in smearing it more. So, Fi-chan, that's the way you want to play it, eh? he thought, a mental smirk forming. Nobody laughed at Xelloss and got away with it! He would have his revenge....


After finally managing to feed Val without any more major mishaps, Filia announced that it was time that Val had a bath.

"Does that mean I get one, too, Filia-chan?" Xelloss grinned.

"Shut up," Filia snarled through her blush.

"Ooh, you're blushing! Thinking dirty thoughts about me? I'm..." Xelloss' reply was cut off by a mace in the head.

"Pervert," was Filia's muttered response.


Chapter 7   |   Fanfiction