First Meeting


Christa sat quietly, her knees tucked underneath her chin. She was watching a young man who was hacking a tree and listening to him murmur his desire to be strong. The reason she had been watching him was that he was quite visually appealing. Soft lavender hair; soft gem-blue eyes; soft peach skin; a decent build. Christa blushed everytime she watched him.

This time, however, things were going to be different. In the past five days, by the time he had felt somebody watching him, she was already gone. This time, he had vowed he would find out who was watching him.

The minute he felt Christa's gaze, he wheeled around. Their eyes locked in an intense gaze. Christa's blush quickly faded as it dawned on her that she had been found.

He stood still for a moment as if he was deciding his next move. Then he walked over to her purposefully. "Why were you watching me?" he asked, his voice was soft, but he attempted to make it cold.

Christa blushed furiously. Finally she decided to bolt. Her nerves were completely shot. She hadn't expected him to sense her, but this time, well... Oh, brother. This wasn't supposed to happen. If Butterfly finds out, she'd have my hide, Christa thought worriedly.

The young man, Zelgadis, knew this forest better than Christa, and therefore was waiting for her. A small smile appeared on his face when he saw the look of surprise on her face. He grabbed her arm as she tried to run by. He knew that grabbing her arm would force eye contact, something he was strangely wanting. Christa found herself blushing as she stared into his gem-blue eyes. She just had to look away in order to maintain her composure.

His hand gently grabbed her face - it was as if he didn't want to hurt her in anyway. He gently turned her head to face him. Their eyes locked for a second time. For some strange reason, they both pulled close to each other and leaned in for a kiss, their eyes closed expectantly. A small smile appeared on their faces as they kissed.

Zelgadis's eyes opened first and he realized what he was doing. He blushed and let Christa go. Christa's eyes fluttered open and saw him rubbing the back of his hair. He coughed embarrassedly, and found himself at a loss for words. "So......... um......... er............. I.......... umm," he stuttered, not use to being at a loss for words, or this feeling.

"First time kissing a girl, handsome?" Christa purred softly. No sooner had the words come out of her mouth, Christa realized what she said. Christa blushed furiously and very quickly covered her mouth.

Zelgadis chuckled softly. "What's your name, milady? I'm Zel, um..Zelgadis Greywers," he said softly.

Christa blushed slightly. "I'm Christa Winters," she said softly. She walked over to shake his hand, but she didn't see the tree branch that had fallen earlier that day. She tripped and was about to fall, when Zelgadis caught her. Their lips blushed slightly and they kissed once more, and drew their heads back after a few minutes.

Christa was beginning to feel comfortable in his arms and blushed slightly. He gave her one of his rare smiles and she returned it with one of her warm smiles. "Sorry... I-I... didn't m-mean to," she stuttered out softly.

"Shhh.... It's okay," he murmured softly. He helped her up gently and smiled at her again. He gently shook her hand, and after he shook it, brought it up to his mouth and kissed it gently.

"Do you want to talk?" Christa asked softly, a blush noticeable on her cheeks. Zelgadis nodded slightly. They started to talk, but the conversation seemed force. It was obvious to anyone that the pair were both nervous. Zelgadis finally spied a tree. "Would you like to sit under the tree?" he asked Christa softly.

Christa nodded, and he escorted her over to the tree. He took his cape off and placed it on the ground for her to sit on.

"You look like a spellcaster, are you?" he asked her curiously.

Christa nodded. "Yes, I am. White is my specialty, but I can cast some Ice," she said and blushed.

"Ice? That's one of the hardest spell categories to learn. Half of the spells were lost," Zelgadis said, amazed at the skill of his companion, not to mention intelligence.

"True. But my sister and I found some of spells, and even created some of our spells," Christa said softly.

"Very impressive, milady," he said softly in a gentle tenor voice. "Could you show me one of your spells, that is if you are allowed to."

Christa smiled softly. "I can. It's a small spell I had been working on. Ice Rose," she whispered. She held out her hand and a small rose formed in her hand. It was solid ice and perfectly formed. She offered it to Zelgadis. "Here, something to remember me by. It won't melt. Magic ice tends not to."

The conversation continued in the same vein for nearly an hour. Christa had finally secured a promise from Zelgadis that he would teach her the Ra Tilt spell if he ever learned it, in exchange for teaching him the Ice Rose spell. They continued to talk unaware of the time.

Then Christa looked at the sun and saw that it was starting to set. Oh no, Butterfly is going to kill me. She's probably worried about me. I was supposed to be home hours ago. She rose slowly, but not before kissing Zelgadis's cheek. She began to run off, in the direction of her home.

"Wait!!" Zelgadis cried out at the retreating figure. "Will I see you agian?"

Christa paused and blushed. "Here............. Tomorrow.......... One p.m............. Don't be late, my lord," she called back and blew him a kiss. She resumed running and arrived home. Butterfly noticed she was blushing.

"Why are you blushing?" Butterfly asked, unaware that she was blushing as well.

"Well, I could ask you the same thing," Christa said.

"Okay, I'll tell you about my crush, if you tell me about yours," Butterfly said.

"Okay, well.... It started like this......." Christa said.


Fanfiction