Kissing Games


Once upon a time, the Queen of the Daemon Sea got mad at the Queen of Wolf Pack Island. So the Queen of the Daemon Sea turned the Queen of Wolf Pack Island's son, Prince Xellos, into a little green cat. When the Queen of Wolf Pack Island found out that her son was now a little green cat, she was very sad. So she went to consult Rezo the Red Priest, a wise man. Rezo the Red Priest told the Queen of Wolf Pack Island that the only way Prince Xellos could be restored was if the right girl kissed him.

Upon returning to Wolf Pact Island, Queen of Wolf Pack Island sent her missi dominici to the fairest and noblest ladies in the land, inviting them to come and kiss Prince Xellos. The girl who succeeded in returning him to his proper form would get to marry him and inherit Wolf Pack Island.

Next week, the ladies arrived. Among them were the Princesses Luna Inverse and Lina Inverse of Zefiria; the daughters of Crown Prince Philionel el de Sairuun, Princess Gracia ul Naga de Sairuun and Princess Amelia wil Tesla de Sairuun, and Princess Filia ul Copt, daughter of the Fire Dragon King. (Princess Filia ul Copt didn't want to go, but the Fire Dragon King made her go.) There was also Princess Martina Xoana from Xoana and Dynast Gausharra's daughter, Princess Sharra.

When all the ladies invited had either arrived or sent their regrets, the Queen of Wolf Pack Island called all of them into the throne room so they could kiss Prince Xellos.

First up was the Countess Luna Inverse of Zefiria. She walked up, kissed the Prince, and stepped back. Everybody held his or her breath. Five minutes passed in silence. Nothing happened.

"Next!" called the Queen of Wolf Pack Island. The Countess Lina Inverse of Zefiria. She walked up, kissed the Prince, and stepped back. Nothing happened. Princess Amelia wil Tesla de Sairuun and Princess Gracia ul Naga de Sairuun tried, with the same results.

Next was Princess Filia ul Copt. She took one look at Prince Xellos, screamed, and hit him over the head with a mace before she ran away.

When Prince Xellos recovered, the Queen of Wolf Pack Island called the next girl up.

The next girl up was Princess Sharra. Prince Xellos really didn't like Princess Sharra. As a matter of fact, he hated her with a passion. So when he realized that he was supposed to kiss her, first he screamed, then he ran away. He ran all the way to the Temple of Flagoon.

When he got inside the Temple of Flagoon, he kept right on running until he ran into Sylphiel Nels Raada, a shrine maiden.

"Oh, how cute!" exclaimed Sylphiel Nels Raada. "A little green cat!" She picked him up and kissed him.

The very next second, she found herself trying to support one hundred and seventy-five pounds of human(oid) male, because Prince Xellos had been restored to his original form. They both fell over.

When they regained their footing, Prince Xellos kissed Sylphiel Nels Raada's hand and said, "Thank you for saving me, miss! Now we can get married!"

"Oh, but we can't do that, your highness!" cried Sylphiel Nels Raada.

"Whyever not?' inquired Prince Xellos.

"Because we've got nothing in common!" replied Sylphiel Nels Raada.

Prince Xellos thought for a moment. "Do you like dancing?"

Sylphiel Nels Raada nodded.

"Why don't we go dancing, and we can see what else we have in common there?"

Sylphiel Nels Raada nodded again.

And so they went to a very expensive very exclusive nightclub and danced the night away.


Notes

AUTHOR: I have a Xellos/Sylphiel bias. Can you tell?

XAXRES: Yes.

AUTHOR: Nobody asked you. (pause) This was a French assignment. Yes, I know it's wildly OOC. Sue me. No, I didn't mean that.

XAXRES: Never say things you don't mean.

AUTHOR: Shut up, fruitnut. I think I'm supposed to put in a disclaimer, but I'm too lazy, so you'll have to make one up yourself.


Fanfiction