Part 2


"I can't believe they burned my body." Zelgadiss mumbled into his hands. He sat back up at the Pass Gate in a white chair, elbows on his knees and his head in his hands.

"I am so very sorry Mr. Greywords, this really has never happened before." Mr. Philips said apologetically. Zel looked up at him coolly

"Well, there's a first time for everything isn't there." He said in an icy tone. Mr. Philips squirmed around a little, he didn't quit feel all that comfortable anymore being around him. Just then Mr. Clark showed up. Zel got to his feet. "What did you find out?"

"The only way for you to go and have an earthly body again is to take over another." Zel looked at him dumbfounded.

"Your kidding...right?...You mean I have to find a new life and every thing?...You guys just can't let me go back and be who I was?"

"But I thought you didn't want to be a chimera and wanted to be human again. Now is your chance to be one." Mr. Clark said.

"I know, I know. But, I just don't want to leave..." Zel paused for a second. "I don't want to leave... my friends." He finished.

"Mr. Greywords I know what you mean. But if you do this things will turn all right in the end." Mr. Clark said

"Besides we even give you the choice on who you want to be." Mr. Philips piped up. Mr. Clark turned and looked at him sternly. Philips shrugged his shoulders and cleared his throat. Zel looked up and sighed.

"Okay then. " Zel agreed. Here is where he gave them the list of what the person should have. The person has to be male of course, human, no wife, no kids, wouldn't hurt if he were handsome, he also had to know how to use a sword and above all he has to know magic.

"Is that all?" Mr. Clark asked. Zel nodded his head. "Good now let's go, I shall accompany you this time." And with a sideways glance at Mr. Philips they left.


The first guy had all the requirements but had one flaw. He had a girlfriend and they were going to get married in the spring. Second guy wasn't all that smart and was crazy. Third was divorced and had two teenage kids. Zel didn't want kids let alone teenagers. Fourth was a captain of the guards, he fit all the requirements Zel had wanted but he wouldn't take it. The reason being was because he was the captain of the guards in Sailoon which put him too close to Prince Phil and his justice talking daughter. Zel cringed at the thought.

"Mr. Greywords, this is no time to be so picky..."

"Listen you guys are the one's that messed up and got my real body burned so let me pick out the one I want to spend the rest of my time in." Zel said as they walked up to a big house, the walkway was surrounded my gardens and had a fountain in the middle. The house itself was only two stories but looked quite lovely. Zelgadiss stopped in front of the door. "Who lives here?"

"Let's find out." Mr. Clark said. But before they could go in Zel's sharp ears heard something to his left. He turned his head to see a couple of men sneaking around.

"When do you think they'll find him?" One asked.

"Just as soon as Mr. Warder goes in to ask for his nieces hand in marriage." The other answered. "He asks then the servants go to get him and find him asleep, or so they think." The other two that were with them snickered. "So now that the colonel is dead, his niece will have no choice but to marry him."

"You didn't say this person had a niece living with him." Zel stated staring after the guys as the crept away.

"You just said no kids, this guy is a retired colonel his niece came to live with him after her fathers death a few years back. She used to be a priestess." Mr. Clark told him. Then he gestured toward the door. "Shall we go in?" Zel sighed and followed. He soon found himself in a room with a big canopy type bed and a huge dresser with a mirror along the back, a study desk with a chair, a table with candles and the floor was carpeted with a burgundy colored rug. In the bed lay a man who seemed to be asleep. His breathing was very shallow and his skin was somewhat pale.

When Zel looked at him he gasped. The colonel looked almost like him, that is his human form, he had light brown hair and his skin was dark from being in the sun, or so it seemed. Zel couldn't yet determine the eye color and it is sort of hard to tell how tall someone is when there laying down, but he estimated around 5'6'' or 5'7''.

Zelgadiss cleared his throat. "Did they poison him?" He asked. Mr. Clark nodded.

"You see..." The doorbell rang just then cutting him off. " That must be Mr. Warder now. Let's go see what he wants."

Mr. Ujean Warder was a tall guy, he was about 6 foot even and had long black hair that he tied back into a ponytail, his skin was a real dark brown. and he had hard black eyes. He wore a blue tunic under a red vest, he wore brown pants and black shoes. At his side he carried a sword. Zel decided he really didn't like the guy right off.

"This is the guy who wants to marry the colonel's niece?" Zel asked. "Why won't he let them get married?"

"The niece's heart belongs to that of a different swordsman. And will not consent to marry another." Zel was about to say some thing but Mr. Clark wouldn't let him. "Quite. There talking now."

"I would like to speak with the Colonel at once. It is a matter that is most important." Mr. Warder's voice was kind of high. It also wasn't the most pleasing to hear. He had a lisp or so it sounded like he had one.

"I'm sorry Sir but Colonel Zebediah is resting at the moment and did not want to be disturbed." The butler said in a pleasant tone.

"I insist that I see him and will not leave till I do. This matter can not be put off for ever." Mr. Warder said and sat himself down on one of the chairs in the hall way.

"I'm sorry Mr. Warder, but if my uncle says he didn't want to be disturbed then that is that. And I already know what your here for and the answer is still no." Said a firm but very familiar voice at the door. Zel quickly tuned to see the colonel's niece standing there in a violet gown the sleeves went down to her wrist and the hem swirled just above the floor. Zelgadiss stared at her face in shock amazement.

"I know her"

Mr. Warder got to his feet and made a slight bow. "I know your answer but I'm here for your uncles permission not yours. Ms. Shelphiel."


Part 3   |   Fanfiction