Chapter I: Getting Away


Sealiea cautiously looked over her shoulder, then in a flash she was up and over the manor's boundaries.

She couldn't take it longer. The always being polite, the formal parties, the invites to formal diners etc. It was so...so, oh, she didn't know what to call it! All she knew was that she had to get away from it before she went mad!

As she quietly walked in the shadows, her dark cloak fluttered in the light breeze. of the wall she thought she might try that old cabin deep in the forest. when she was little, about seven, she wondered into the forest and found the cabin and an old lady on the porch. She had sat on the porch with the old lady eating cookies and telling her how she wrestled with Anyra, who was about two years older than her, and won. She would go there now.

Once Sealiea felt that she was in the all clear, she took off running, swiftly but quietly. She ran for some time before she stopped to take a drink from a river.

As she stood up she pulled the hood up over her shoulder length violet hair, under her black cloak she wore black midshin boots, black leggin's and a dark gray tunic on her hands she wore black leather gloves.

Her keen hearing picked up some movement behind her. She placed her hand on the dagger hilt that was on her hip. In one fluid motion she turned around with her dagger drawn, she had many more hidden elsewhere.

Standing behind her was the old woman she talked with as a child. Doesn't look like she aged much. Sealiea's crystal-blue eyes meet the old woman's emerald-green ones, Sealiea felt a chill go up her spine, they look horribly familiar.

The old woman wore a pair of brown mid-shin boots, dark leggins a dark tunic, white gloves that came to about her elbows. Her white hair was bound back into a braid, a black head band type thing went around her forehead. All that protected her from the nights cold was a simple black cape.

The old woman cleared her throughout. "follow me." She said in a level tone, yet familiar. The woman turned around and started to walk off, didn't even turn around to see if she would follow.

A little while later they came to a clearing with the small cabin by the trees. The old woman lead her onto the porch and into the house. Sealea walked over to the fireplace where there was a fire blazing. She was looking at a picture of a man with brown hair, tanned skin, dressed in a pair of tan pants. He had no shirt and no shoes, but he held a small bundle in his arms and was smiling down at it.

"Sit." She told Sealiea indicating a chair by the fire. "No. Not that one." She all but snapped when she almost sat in a Blue velvet high back chair. "That one." This time she pointed to a simple wooden chair that was placed in between the blue velvet and a red velvet high back chair.

As Sealiea sat down in the wooden chair the old woman poured her self a hot drink. "Why can't I sit in that one?" She asked.

"Because it belongs to some one." She stated and that was all she said for quite some time after that. "Now, I really didn't expect you for about one to two years from now. But. I guess fifteen is a good enough age to tell you."

"Tell me what?" Sealiea asked some what confused. "And how did you know my age?"

"Don't you know?" When Sealiea shook her head the woman sighed. "Well I guess it's better this way. And as for your age... Well it's kinda obvious. You act and look like a fifteen year old girl. And please, dear Sealiea, do take off that cloak, believe me you'll be here a while."

Sealiea stared at the old woman. "How do you know my name?"

"I know what I know, and that's all you need to know." She said smiling. "But please do tell me why you have come."

Sealiea straightened up in her chair. "I don't know how you have come to have such knowledge of me, but I'll tell you this. I do not wish to stay and live with people I have no relation to."

The old woman looked at her levely "And how, may I ask, did you come to that conclusion?"

Sealiea looked at the old woman through narrowed eyes. "Why don't you tell me if you know so much."

The old woman returned the glare balefully. "It is true that I know allot about you but not every thing." She said.

Sealiea took a deep breath. "My 'parents' have this picture I found in the attic on one of my little wonderings I take on rainy days, and I found a picture of a couple, a tall man and a short girl." The old woman seemed to be trying to keep her temper. "And I have a feeling those are my real parents, and I'm out to find them."

To Sealiea's relief the old woman put a n end to her unnerving glare and looked at her gravely. "Do you even have any idea on where to start?" She asked.

Sealiea looked at the floor. "No." She admitted.

"Uh... Your 'parents' didn't happen to mention who those people were, did they?" She asked a little worried.

"No." Sealiea repeated. "They said it wasn't important at the time. But they let me keep the picture, almost reluctantly if I might add."

"They did the right thing." The old woman assured her. "Sealiea I'm going to give you a name that you can call me by okay."

"Okay."

"You may call me Mina. And the reason I know so much about you is because, a long time ago about... lets see was it ten years ago? Well any ways I promised your parents that I would watch over you till you got of a certain age to be told the truth." Mina told her.

Sealiea stared at Mina wide eyed. "You knew my parents?!" She asked eagerly.


Chapter II   |   Fanfiction