5 Minutes


1 second

Good bye ...

2 seconds

"I can't stop the blood! Resurrection's not working! C'mon Lina-san, open your eyes! Please!" Amelia begged, tears in her eyes.

3 seconds

"Oh my god! Lina's hurt!" Gourry yelled. Zelgadis, Amelia and Gourry had just stumbled upon the scene. Amelia hurried to Lina's side.

4 seconds

"Th ... that hurt, you bastard." Lina fell to the ground, clutching her chest where the hole was. A rustling sound was heard from behind them.

5 seconds

"Now, Lina Inverse, it's all over!" A figure laughed crazily. It pointed her finger at Lina and said two simple words : Crystal Lance A long shard of gleaming clear-white crystal drove through Lina's stomach.

6 seconds

"Finally Lina. I can have my revenge!"

7 seconds

"Did you know, Lina, that before you, everyone thought that I was the talented one? That I was the one with all the power and charm? They thought that I was special. Everyone, even the gods, thought I was special! Then you came, and I wasn't special anymore."

8 seconds

"So what did you want to talk about again?" Lina asked curiously as she stood across from her most feared enemy.

9 seconds

"Okay, I'm here. Come out of hiding!" Lina called out nervously. A figure stepped out from behind a tree.

10 seconds

Lina walked into the field, and stood looking around.

"Now where is she? " She muttered nervously.

11 seconds

Soon. Soon, Lina Inverse, I will have my revenge! A figure thought as it hid behind a tree.

12 seconds

"I wonder why she wants to meet here of all places?" Lina muttered to herself as she flew along a dusty path.

"It's pretty out of the way, and if it weren't her, I wouldn't have even come in the first place. Oh well. She is strange afterall."

1 minute

"Lina forgot her demonsblood talismans. She could get into trouble without them." Gourry said, holding up said talismans.

"Maybe if we hurry, we can catch up with her," suggested Amelia.

Zelgadis sighed. "Lets go. Lina might need them. She attracts trouble."

1 minute 32 seconds

Lina waited until she was way out of sight of the camp before she cast ray wing.

2 minutes

"I'll be back soon. If I'm not, come after me. See ya later, everyone!" Lina called over her shoulder as she left her camp and her friends behind her.

A chorus of goodbyes followed her, making her smile.

3 minutes

"Hey everyone!" Lina yelled. Amelia, Zelgadiss and Gourry looked at her. "I have to go somewhere for a while. Family business. I'll be leaving in a couple of seconds, and be back soon, promise. Kay?"

Everyone nodded cheerfully.

Lina gathered up her cape, slung it over her shoulders and started to walk away. She stopped for a minute, and looked at her friends. The she continued walking.

4 minutes

What does she want? Lina thought in confusion as she held a piece of paper in her hands.

And how does she know where I am? I have to go anyway. Better tell the gang, or else they'll be mad later. I'll just get dressed first.

5 minutes

Lina Inverse had started to get her stuff all in order, when an envelope suddenly dropped into her hands. Blinking she ripped it open. Inside was a simple message:

Meet me at Torman's Field. Luna Inverse.

A lot can happen in 5 minutes.


Notes

This story is told backwards: from Lina's death to the events leading up to it. Try reading it backwards. I'd love cc&c. My e-mail's bichan39@hotmail.com


Fanfiction