In Their Eyes


Who am I?

To Gourry, I'm just a little girl, someone he vowed to protect. Does he care at all about me? I mean, he has to, or else he wouldn't have stayed around for this long, would he? He's the only friend of mine who's never gone away. I don't think I could stand it if he left. He's my best friend. But, to him, who am I?

Zel just hangs around me because I might find the cure for his curse or something like that. He keeps on leaving, and I don't think he really cares at all about me. Who, except for Gourry, could?

Amelia is so young, and eager. But she isn't really my friend... I don't know! She's just looking for adventure, and she finds it in me. Once she's had her fill of it, she'll leave me and go back to her kingdom. Why should she stick around? We just travel together.

To Phibrizo I was just a way for him to destroy the world. A living weapon. Is that how everyone sees me? A weapon, something that kills randomly and without reason? Is that what they think of me?

Am I just so worthless that no one could ever love me?

Xelloss, the Trickster Priest, is just looking for amusement. Anything to keep him amused...

Luna-nee-chan, she cares about me, I know she does. She took care of me for all those years, despite torturing me all the time. And she always told me that she loved me. Well, not always, but she said it once, when I broke my arm.

But who am I? Am I a little kid who needs protecting, or a magnet for obscure mystical information? Am I adventurous or a living weapon? Am I just an amusement or a bratty little sister? In their eyes, who am I? I... need to know. I need to know if they see me as a person, not just a means to an end. For Gourry: a purpose. For Zel: a cure. For Amelia: an adventure. For Phibrizo: a weapon. For Xelloss: an amusement. For nee-chan: a sister.

In their eyes, I am Lina Inverse, Sorceress, friend, weapon, sister, and amusement.

In my eyes...

In my eyes, I am just Lina. Why isn't that enough?


Fanfiction