Part 6: Breaking Curses


In the great hall of Sailune castle flowers and people were everywhere. Everyone was there for the same reason, Zelgadis and Lina's wedding. Everything had gone as planned and it all looked beautiful.

Everyone had shown up, so the place was packed bubbling with excitement, but no one could beat the excitement radiating from both Lina and Zel. Zelgadis had been ready for a while and was waiting at the alter for Lina to finish up her preparations.

Shouldn't she be here by now? Oh no! She'd better not be having second thoughts about this. She does want to marry me doesn't she? Zelgadis' mind was racing a mile a minute with all the possible thoughts he could come up with. If Lina didn't come soon chances are he just might lose it.


"Ouch! Damnit Amelia that hurt!"

"I'm sorry Miss Lina but you're hair is not being very co-operative right now."

"Well that doesn't give you the excuse to pull clumps of it out. Ouch!"

"I'm sorry again. Miss Sylphiel could you do this? I just can't seem to get her hair quite right."

"Hmm... looks like you've made a bit of a mess here Amelia, but I think I can fix it..."

"Well fix it fast! I don't like keeping Zelgadis waiting like this, it's probably killing him out there."

"Having a bit of trouble here are we?"

"EKKK! Xellos get out of here!"

"I was only seeing what's the matter. Poor Zelly is turning positively pale out there."

"See! Can't you get this done any faster Sylphiel?"

"I think I almost - opps!"

"What do you mean 'opps'?"

"It seems that I messed it up a bit Miss Lina..."

"ARGH! I'll never get ready at this rate!"

"What are you having trouble with Miss Lina?"

"What Xellos? You're still here? I thought I told you to get out!"

"Yes you did. My so that's what the hold up is... Well I can fix this!"

"You can style hair?"

"Why does that seem surprising?"

"Now that I think about it I guess it doesn't considering how much of a fruitcake you are..."

"Miss Lina! That isn't very nice! So Mister Xellos do you think that you can fix her hair?"

"Just give me a moment!"

All of a sudden Xellos literately pulls out beauty salon out of nowhere and starts to work on Lina's hair. Surprisingly enough he actually did a good job.

"Okay! Let's get on with the show!"


The music starts up and the flower girl starts to walk down the alter placing flowers on the ground; the wedding had officially begun. The groomsmen and bridesmaids walked arm in arm smiling and the wedding march music started up as Lina and her dad walked down the aisle.

Zelgadis was stunned, he very rarely ever saw Lina in a dress but this was a shock to him. He had been thinking a thousand thoughts up until he saw her, and now the only thought that suck in his mind was My god she's beautiful.

With Lina by Zel's side the priest began to speak. Lina and Zel stared at each other not even listening to what the priest said till it was time for them to talk.

"Do you Zelgadis Greywers take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, till death do you part?"

"I do."

"And do you Lina Inverse take this man to be you lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, till death do you part?"

"I do."

"Now if anyone of you should have a reason for these two to not be married speak now or forever hold your peace."

"She can't marry him!"

Everyone turns their heads towards the doors and a sort of scrawny young man with Xellos style cut brown hair.

"She can't marry him because she is supposed to marry me!"

"HOW DARE YOU COME HERE AND TRY TO RUIN MY WEDDING!"

"Miss Lina I cannot bare to see you marry anyone else but me!"

"I don't care Hallas! I was never going to marry you in the first place!"

"I won't let you - "

Before Hallas could say anymore he was mysteriously hit on the head with a floating mallet. Everyone was confused with Zellas the only one smiling.

After Hallas' unconscious body was dragged away everyone turned their attention back to the wedding.

"Ah um, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride!"

With that said they kissed, and boy did they. They had each other's tongues down each other's throats. Finally they finished and walked down the aisle a happy new couple. The guests threw rice (I have always wondered why do they do that? What is the whole purpose of throwing food at a newly married couple?) except Gourry who was actually eating it. The two of them hopped into a carriage that took them to where the reception would take place.

In a hall not to far away from where the wedding had taken place decorations, tables, food and music were all set up for the celebration party. Quickly the place started to fill up with people and everyone cheered when Lina and Zelgadis came in, hand in hand. And so the party began. Lina was dancing with Zelgadis, Amelia and her dad were taking care of last minute details, Gourry and Sylphiel were off to a corner chatting to each other in a private conversation and Xellos was being forced to drag out Hallas' unconscious body out of Sailune.

As wedding traditions go, Lina and Zelgadis got a start on a few of them.

"Can I have your attention please? Would all the single women please come over to the left side of the room? It's time to throw the bouquet!"

Almost immediately a herd of stamping women charged over to said side of room. They all had determined crazy looks in their eyes. Every single woman with the same goal, to catch Lina's bouquet. Lina was almost afraid on what they might do when she throws it, but casting fears aside Lina hurls the bundle of flowers. Cloudy dust appears as the women literately fight over the flowers. This goes on for a few minutes until the single ladies realized that the flowers that they had been fighting over had disappeared. In fact they had disappeared and reappeared in Sylphiel's hands. Now everyone is a little confused and unhappy, especially Amelia.

"Hmph! Why couldn't I have caught it?!"

"Why are you in a rush to get married Miss Amelia?" Xellos said popping up right behind her.

"Ack! You startled me! Um, no I'm not in a rush. I wouldn't have someone to marry even if I wanted to." Amelia giggles nervously with one of her hands rubbing the back of her neck.

"Hmm... interesting..."

"Um Mister Xellos, they are going to be throwing the garter belt soon! You should get over there with all the other bachelors!" Amelia said while shoving Xellos towards the other side of the room.

"I doubt I'll catch it anyway..."

Lina sat in a chair with Zelgadis at her feet, blushing very brightly. He slowly trailed his hands up her leg till he finally got to her garter belt. Sliding it off very slowly Zelgadis stood up to face the eager bachelors. Like an elastic band Zel shoots it at them and the guys scrambled. And just as mysteriously as the bouquet, the garter belt disappeared and reappeared in Gourry's hands. Now he just looked around all confused while everyone laughed. Gourry wasn't sure why he should have caught the thing but was pleasantly surprised when Sylphiel was thrown his way for a dance.

"Since she caught Lina's bouquet and you caught the garter belt I threw then that means you two should at least have one dance together."

"Um, if you say so..."

So Sylphiel and Gourry started to dance and Zelgadis took this as a cue to grab Lina for a dance, while Amelia just sulked in the corner.

"Well it looks like everyone seems to have someone, except me that is..." Amelia grumbled.

"Well I don't exactly have anyone either Miss Amelia..."

Amelia looked up to see Xellos smiling down at her. Though he normally smiles, but this smile seemed different somehow. Amelia just couldn't place her finger on what it was.

"Well, um, Mister Xellos ah, nevermind..."

"Tell me would you wish to dance with me?"

The shock on Amelia was so profound that one might think that someone just told her she just inherited 40 million gold pieces.

"You, you want to dance with me?"

"Why I couldn't have thought of a better dance partner than you. That is unless you have any objections?"

Amelia thought for a minute. He's a monster and he's evil... but he's not like other monsters. He's saved all our lives many times, and he's good friend too. Not to mention he does look cute in that tux that he's wearing... Amelia blushed and tried to shake off that thought.

"S-s-sure. I'd lo-love to dance with you..."

"Well everyone in the room will be green with jealousy when they see that I've got one of the most beautiful women in the room as a dance partner."

Amelia blushed again, and the blush got brighter when they started to dance. A little farther off, Amelia and Xellos were being watched by Sylphiel, Gourry, Zelgadis and Lina. The four collectively smiled.


The party continued on with more dancing, food, toasts and laughs. It went on for a very long time but every party has to end and with tender loving care Zelgadis carried his new bride up to their room, to spend their first night together.

From outside the room was very silent and then loud noises could be heard. They were obviously the sounds of two lovers on their first union. Inside Zelgadis collapsed next to Lina on the bed very tired with his eyes closed. Lina just as tired snuggled up to him with sleepy eyes and fell asleep. Neither one noticed that after making love that Zelgadis didn't quite look the same, in fact he lacked all of his chimera features. Not like it matter though they both fell asleep quite quickly.


The next morning Lina awoke first and she looked at her newly wed husband, and to her surprise she didn't see a chimera, but a more or less looked like an older version of 'Sid'.

"Oh my god, he's been cured!" Lina whispered softly to herself in awe. Hmm I wonder what he would have done if he found out his cure before? Lina smirked and started to run her fingers through Zel's soft light violet hair. This awoke Zel with a bit of confusion.

"Lina what are you doing? You could cut yourself on my hair! Hmm... is it me or is it a little cold in here?" Now Zelgadis could feel the coldness for once being normal again. He didn't even realize that he was cured.

"Um Zel do you notice anything different?" Lina said while smiling with an evil grin.

"And what am I supposed to notice?" He said looking around the room.

"You don't notice anything at all?" I can't believe that he doesn't realize that he's been cured! But I guess that not surprising since he's been a chimera for so long. Either way he still is a hunk!

"Lina just tell me what I'm supposed to see!" He said grabbing her shoulders. That's when he saw his arms. He looked stunned and blinked a few times looking dumbfounded. Lina couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm normal again..." His voice was soft and his eyes wide.

"Yeah Zel, you're cured!"

"I'M NORMAL AGAIN!!" Zel yelled out loud and grabbed Lina in a fierce hug. He was so happy that he was almost close to tears.

"I love you Gray Man..."

"And I love you Fire Fly. No man could love anyone as much as I love you..."

"Well we'd better get ready and go downstairs. I'm sure everyone would want to find out the good news."

"Okay."


The two dressed at a leisurely pace and with big grins walked down the stairs hand in hand. When they reached the others they were greeted with faces of shock.

"Miss Lina why aren't you with Mister Zelgadis? And who is this person?"

"It's me, Zel."

"WHAT?!" Xellos, Sylphiel, Gourry, and Amelia said in unison.

"Yeah he's cured. Not sure what exactly did it, but I think I have a rough idea," Lina said with a wicked grin, punching Zelgadis on the arm. This caused him to blush.

After receiving hugs and congratulations they all sat down to eat. Lina and Zel both had extra large appetites but everyone else didn't seem to eat much.

Gourry was smiling staring dreamily at Sylphiel who had a sight blush on her cheek, but of course that could be due to the very well crafted and beautiful engagement ring on Sylphiel's finger. Xellos and Amelia were both giving each other little smiles while they were holding hands under the table.

Now those little events could be explained, but those are two very different stories...


Fanfiction