Prologue


Zelgadis on one of his many searches for a cure for his chimera curse ends in the town library of Merrik. Zelgadis had dragged everyone there because he had heard a rumor that there was a book in Merrik's town library that could possibly reversed his curse.

Everyone else upon reaching the town had decided to do other things rather then get stuck searching through another stuffy library yet again.

The town had an ominous silence to it as Zelgadis walked towards the library. There wasn't a person in sight but oddly enough Zelgadis didn't seem to or care to notice.

There was a set of peculiar gargoyles perched on two columns that were on either side of the entrance to the library. They both seemed to be staring at whomever was going to enter the quiet and foreboding structure.

Zelgadis didn't pay any attention to the two gargoyle statues as he went to enter the library. But as he did so he could have sworn that he heard the sounds of someone whispering Beware of the curse... Though perhaps Zelgadis should have listened to what the voices were saying but of course he didn't.


Hours later in the library Zelgadis still had not found the book that he had been told about.

"Damnit! That guy who sold me the information must have been lying to me! I guess I should have known better then to listen to a guy to sells stolen merchandise for a living." Zelgadis sighed and put down another book into the massive pile of books that he had already leafed through. He was debating on whether or not to continue with his search or to just give it up for now and see what the others are doing. Just then a book falls from a nearby shelf and konks Zelgadis on the head. He grumbles and was about to display his discontent [meaning he probably would have broke something in rage] when he saw which book had hit him on the head.

The book was the one that he had been looking for, coincidently. Zelgadis immediately grabbed the book and started to look through it to find the section that could help him reverse his condition.

He finds a section of the book titled Reversal Curses which was what the man who told him about the book in the first place had said was the section of the book that contained his precious cure that he'd been so long looking for.

Zelgadis starts to read through the section of the book till he finds the spell that he is looking for. It appeared to be a simple spell, where one only had to recite a few words that where in an unknown language. Or at least a language that he had never seen before.

"Nobum es detruntum la nequekso rebituis suna eyo lapen." After reciting the spell everything goes black and Zelgadis looses coconsciousness.


When Zelgadis awakes he realizes that he doesn't feel any different then when he had recited the spell earlier. Damnit it didn't even work.

That's when Zelgadis looked up and realized something. The table and the bookshelves which had been a normal size before now seemed to be many times larger. In fact the whole room seemed to completely be like ten times it's original size.

What the hell is going on here?! Zelgadis looks around the room and notices a full length mirror on one side of the room. But more importantly he noticed the figure that was staring back at him in the mirror.

What Zelgadis saw was a little adorably cute pink bunny. He blinked a couple times. Wait a minute why am I seeing a bunny in the mirror? There isn't any bunny's around here, and why don't I see my own reflection? Zelgadis thinks. It wasn't till he unconsciously scratched his ear with his foot that he realized what was wrong with this picture.

I'm a BUNNY?! Zelgadis' eyes go wide in shock and he faints.


Part 1   |   Fanfiction