Star Gazing


Lina sighed as stared up at the massive swirl of diamond stars. She was laying on her back on the grass under a tree. Lina wasn't sure what compelled her to want to star gaze but she left camp without even knowing what she was going to do. Maybe if she did then she would have told the others, instead of leaving without saying a word.

The stars were so mesmerizing that the hours passed like minutes to Lina. Maybe I should go back to camp and get some sleep, the guys are probably wondering where I - Lina's thought was interrupted by the sight of a shooting star.

Hmm... I guess I should make a wish? I wish I could be with my true love right now. Lina chuckled bitterly at her wishful thinking. In the past she would have thought that Gourry was her true love, but as the adventures went on she found herself not caring as much. She realized that what she felt for him was not love like you would feel for a lover, but love like he was her brother. She was a bit saddened upon this revelation, but she knew that if she had stayed involved with Gourry she would have gone nuts. Besides Gourry has Sylphiel, and she loves him very much. Why is it that everyone seems to have someone besides me?

"Lina what are you doing?" A voice spoke from behind her.

Lina didn't even have to look to see who it was.

"Hi Zel. I'm doing some star gazing."

"We were all wondering what you were doing since you left."

"What did Amelia send you out as a search party to see if I was okay?" Lina rolled her eyes.

Zelgadis chuckled as he sat down next to her.

"Well she was going to go herself but I volunteered to go. I just needed to get away from them all for a little while." Zel joined her in her star gazing and laid down next to her. Lina blushed a bit but was thankful that it was too dark for Zel to see. But due to his chimera nature Zelgadis easily see that she was blushing. He didn't say anything though because he was blushing a bit as well.

"I know what you mean. Amelia's too overbearing, Gourry is too dumb, Sylphiel is too nice and Xellos is too annoying. But aren't I bit too immature and silly?"

"Aren't I a bit too depressing and serious?"

"Just a little but not enough to bug me."

"Same goes for you. But that's saying nothing about your good sides. Despite your silliness your very smart and it's nice to have someone around to have a serious intelligent conversation with."

"Yeah I agree with you," Lina sighed and glanced at the stars,

"Beautiful isn't it?"

"Yeah beautiful..." Only Zelgadis wasn't staring at the stars. There was a long period of silence. Only the sound of the wind rustling though the trees and the sounds of their breathing could be heard.

"Say Lina..." Zelgadis spoke almost in a whisper.

"What Zel?"

"You know, wishes can come true..."

Lina took in what he said without much of a thought then her eyes went very wide.

"Zel what do you mean by - " Lina didn't get to finish what she was saying because Zelgadis interrupted her with a kiss.


Fanfiction