Part 7


Something was shaking him.

"Mr. Zelgadis!" she said right in his ear, and he came awake and sat bolt upright all at once, almost trembling.

"What? What?"

"Oh, thank goodness," Amelia exclaimed, and Lina recoiled -- she had been standing too close. It was past dawn, and the sun was bright. "You weren't waking up, no matter what we did -- "

"Amelia, you're awake," he realized, nearly dumbfounded. Smiling, she nodded.

"You were having a pretty bad nightmare," Lina told him. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yes ... I feel ... very good, actually," he answered absently, readjusting.

"Well, I can't blame him for sleeping in," Gourry commented, having awakened on his own for once, and got up for a good, big stretch. "Not after yesterday..."

"Well, now that you're up, we can go get some food!" Lina declared with a gleam in her eye. "Last one to the table gets the bill!" And then Gourry tripped her up and took the lead in the race for a restaurant. Amelia hurriedly dragged Zelgadis to his feet.

"Aren't you coming, Mr. Xellos?" she asked, and Zelgadis caught sight of him over his shoulder -- as perky and unruffled as always.

"No thank you, Amelia," he declined politely. "I've already eaten."


Fanfiction