Part One


Lina smiled doubtfully back at Xellos. "A socerey competition?" she repeated.

He nodded in reply. It had only been three months since the Slayers had gone their seperate ways from after the Darkstar escapade, and already Xellos was bored. So why not stir something up?? If all went according to his plan, things could get interesting. It would take a little work and searching, of course. It had taken him a little longer to find Lina and Gourry (2 minutes and 23 seconds exactly) compared to the othesr, but he was sure that Zelgadiss would take even longer. (4 minutes, perhaps?? What a bother he was!!)

"From what I know, anyone who IS anyone in the socerery category will definitely be competing," he shrugged leaning forward. "And since you... well, you know."

Lina seemed to have second thoughts, and Gourry took the opportunity to ask the prize.

"Well," Xellos said slowly, "although there ARE limits, the winner of this contest will be granted a wish. The limits of course, are to stop people from going TOO far, of course."

"Would it be possible for me wish hikaru no ken to be back in my possession?"

"Shush," Lina replied for Xellos. "You don't even know magic, gourry."

Xellos smiled. "It wouldn't be possible actually. That would be quite beyond the capabilities of the -- "

"Could I wish for all the money in the world then?" Lina broke in.

"...I don't think that could be an optio -- "

"Then how about powers that exceed L-sama's?"

"...That would be rather difficul -- "

"Can I wish for the whole mazoku race to drop dead in an instant?"

"I think the person performing the wish is a mazok -- "

"Well, Xellos," Lina said, slightly annoyed, "What more can I wish for??"

Gourry spoke up. "You could always wish for larger bre -- "

She shoved an elbow into his mouth before he could finish. "Like I said, Xellos," she fumed, "what MORE can I wish for?"

4 down, 1 to go, Xellos thought happily to himself.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction