Part 1


Zelgadiss Graywords arrived at central pier at about 1:40; twenty minutes too early for his date. He fingered the single red rose he was meaning to give to her, and sighed. I can't believe I've actually agreed to meet this Lina girl. This is a complete blind date.

Well, not exactly a blind date. Two days before, he was on the internet. As always. He had been surfing the net, downloading appealing programs, chatting with a few miscellaneous friends over messenger - when suddenly,


LiNa: Hey!

Zel (after a while...): hey.

Pause.

LiNa: Well, I'm Lina.

Zel: i see.

Pause.

LiNa: I see in your info that you live in Zephilia as well!

Zel: i do.

Pause.

Long Pause.

Zel (finally feeling sorry for her...): so, lina, how'd you find me?

LiNa (happy the antisocial thing is finally willing to communicate): Well, I was searching through some profiles, and found that you and I both had an interest in magic. What magic do you specialize in?

Zel: shaminism. you?

LiNa: I guess mostly Black. But I know others. :) Shamanism? So what's your strongest?

Zel: that's personal.

LiNa: Being secretive, aren't we? :P How are we going to get to know eachother if we both keep secrets?

Zel (...): fine. my strongest is a ra tilt. what's yours, nosy?

LiNa: I wasn't being nosy, just curious. My strongest ... I think would be the Giga Slave.

Zel: GIGA SLAVE?!


The huge clock bells suddenly began to chime loudly, indicating 1:45. Zel leaned his elbows back onto the railings, ignoring any strange looks he was recieving from passerbys.

Let's just hope she really won't notice my appearence like she said she wouldn't...


LiNa: So you're not intimidated by me.

Zel: just because they call you the dramatta? i don't think so. :)

LiNa: Really? ^^

Zel: why should I be?

LiNa: ... I want to meet you.

Pause

Zel: what?

LiNa: I want to meet you this Saturday at the central pier.

Pause

Zel: no.

LiNa: Why NOT?

Zel: because i don't want to.

LiNa: You ARE intimidated by my reputation, aren't you?

Zel: no, that's not the reason.

LiNa: Then why? There isn't any other explanation.

Zel: it's just not.

LiNa: Spare me the nice talk. You are.

Zel: look, the problem has nothing to do with you. it has to do with me.

LiNa: With you? What could be wrong with YOU?

Zel: i rather that remain a personal matter.

LiNa: I want to know. Tell me.

Zel: no.

LiNa: Pleeeaase? ^____^

Zel: i said no.

1/2 an hour later...

LiNa: This shows the lack of trust you have for me. Tell me, please???

Zel: NO!

LiNa: ooh. Capital letters now. Getting angry, are we? Just tell me and get it over with, hunny.

Zel: you really want to know? fine.

LiNa: Well?

Pause.

LiNa: WELL?

Zel: it's my appraence.

Zel: i mean, appearence.

LiNa: Look, I don't care if you think you're ugly. It's the inside that counts. :)

Zel: not when you see me.

LiNa: And just how would you know? :P

Zel: i know these things.

LiNa: I don't care. Don't forget, this Saturday at 2pm. Btw, how will I recognise you?

Pause.

Zel: i stand out a lot. it should be an easy task to recognise me.

LiNa: So you are going to meet me there? ^^ Good. Do you have a girlfriend?

Zel: i wouldn't.

LiNa: ^_^ Then this will just be like a date.

Zel: a date?

LiNa: Yep.

LiNa: Wait. You still haven't told me how I'll recognise you.

Zel: i'm telling you; you won't want to meet me. i'm a chimera.

Pause

LiNa: A chimera?

Zel: yes...

Pause

LiNa: Well hey, that's cute! Oops I've got to go. I guess I'll see you this Saturday then. Don't forget! :)

Zel: if you still insist.

LiNa: I do. gtg.


Zel looked nervously at his watch. 2:55, it told him. Almost time for her to turn up and see how revolting you lo -

He sighed, and shut off the watch's voice which was actually his own in disguise. She was in a hurry to go when I said that I was a chimera... he thought.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction