Part 2


[Zegaldiss]

... No, Filia thought irritably to herself, hitting the delete button several times. that doesn't sound right either... Maybe it's -

[Zeldagis] she typed.

Hitting the search button for what seemed to be the hundrenth time, she leaned back into the curve of her chair and sighed. She stopped the loading browser before it could completely tell her there were NO matching entries for that name either.

She didn't want to bother call Lina at this time of the night even if she was dead tired, but she didn't want to give up searching just yet. Once she, Filia Ul Copt had started something, whether she liked to or not; she'd finish it. No unfinished business was ever there to sneak up her unexpectedly.

[Zel]

Maybe this'll work... she murmured hopefully to herself.

[412 Matching Entries]

That new program they had lent Filia was supposed to be easy to use. And really, she grumbled mentally, it would've been... if I knew how to spell the person I'm looking for's name.

She started browsing through each profile.

[Zell Dincht; accomplice of Squall, performed in 'Final Fantasy VIII', Age: Sevente - ]

"This is going to take a long time..."

"What is?"

Filia looked up to see Valgarv's sharp chin as he suddenly peered over her head into the screen. "'Zel'?" he enquired with a raised eyebrow. "Who's he?"

"Oh, someone that Lina's interested in."

"Interested in?"

Filia nodded. "Singing-wise, that is..."

A dull "Oh" was all he said in reply, before he headed towards the bedroom.

The gold dragon frowned, and glanced at the clock on the the blaring, white computer screen in front of her. "Val?" she called, "Why... why were you home so late tonight?"

Valgarv stopped mid-step and turned his head over his shoulder. "I... had some important things to do. You know that I'm always busy with work on Fridays."

She looked hard at him then, wondering if he was being as sincere as he sounded. "As a matter of fact," she said slowly, as if she were afraid of angering him, "no, I never really noticed that until recently..."

"Well, I can't help the fact that you don't notice these things. I'm going to bed now; I've gotta get up early tomorrow."

"Saturday?" she whispered. Why don't things seem right...? she wondered silently to herself.

"Yeah," he shrugged, almost carelessly. Almost.

Filia let it go then, and turned back to the computer. She heard his footsteps growing softer; indicating he was getting farther and farther away... Farther and farther...

She glanced at her mace then, which sat at her side. At least that seemed to stay loyal.


Part 3   |   Fanfiction