Part 2


Lina stared nervously at the young boy in front of her. He had just hit her over the head with a soccor ball and now he was shaking her hand, welcoming her to the school. She didn't know whether to be angery or shy! Also she had just called him Lord.....now where did that come from?

"You must be in 10th grade...I'm in 11th"

"Yeah...10th"

"Boy you're short!"

Lina looked up at the boy in confusion, then in a split second, in anger! "What do ya mean by that?!!?!"

"Just what I said: You're short. You look like a 7th grader, but from your uniform I can tell you're a 10th grader"

"Ya gotta lotta nerve talkin' about me!!"

"Wha - "

"If ya think I'm gonna let some blond golly-green giant wanna-be talk about me,Lina Inverse, that way, then you're dead wrong!!!"

"But I - "

Gourry never got to finish his sentence for Lina smacked him with her bookbag causing him to fly across the school yard! She inhaled angrly before stomping off to the school building to look for Amelia.

"And to think! I thought he was cute!!!"


"Dreams.....the light of life..."

"Nightmares.....the darkness of life..."

"You will not stop - "


"Miss Inverse!!"

Lina shot her head up at the sound of the teacher's voice. She stared at her with sleeply eyes and replied "...I didn't do it..."

"Are you telling me you weren't sleeping in class just now??"

"Uhh I...I.."

The teacher sighed and gave her purple slip of paper.

"To think" she said turning away "..detention on your first day"

"DETENTION!!!!!?????!!!!!"

Oh boy! Luna gonna kill her!!


Staring at the school yard Lina felt like she was going to be sick! Every kid out there was in their own group! No loners, no one just hanging out, just clusters of kids. Kids with light blue uniforms similar to Lina's, were in little groups(They were 9th graders). And kids in dark blue (10th), purple(11th), and black(12th) were doing the exact same thing. Some groups even had badges!!

"Talk about peer presure...." Lina mutter as she tried to search for a place to eat her lunch.

"Oh Lina!!!! Over here!!!"

Lina turned to find Amelia calling to her from a branch on a large oak tree. She was strangely by her self..

"Yo Amelia!" she happily called back. She was glad that she didn't have to sit by herself.

"Here, take a seat" Amelia said scooting over

When she finally found a comfortable postion on the large branch, Lina took out her lunch and began eating.

"Wow! That alot of food!" Amelia said examining the older girl's lunch

"Actually Sis packed my lunch a little light today"

".........."

"What?"

"Oh nothing"


"Dreamlighter......do you hear me?"

"............"

"Dreamlighter..please...answer me, please"

"I...I hear you..I think. Who are you?"

"Dreamlighter you must come back...we need you"

"Why do you keep calling me that?"

"What?"

"Dreamlighter"

"Because you are......"


"Miss Lina Inverse?"

"Wha..."

Lina opened her eyes to find to find a very amused teacher in her face. "You came here to serve detention..not a nap"

The teacher who was in charge of detention was her biology teacher, Mr. Xelloss. For some strange reason he perfered that the student called him by his first name. Some might think that was kind of cool..but Lina didn't. She truely felt that he was a creepy geek. Behind his metal-rimed glasses his seemly closed eyes seemed to indicate to her that his was a nut. A true Fruitcake!

"It seems to me that you haven't learned the true lesson of detention..perhaps a few more times might help you learn.."

"Is it just me or do you people actually enjoy doing this to me?" Lina growled sitting up straight in her seat.

"Oh I'm glad you noticed"

"Grrrr.."

"What was that?" His voice had a hint of threat in it.

"Nothing...sir"

He smiled and walked over to his desk where a student(probly a Teacher's Aid) was grading papers. After whispering something to her, he quickly left the room.

"Something about the dream wasn't right this time,"she whispered to herself "instead of just watching it, it was talking to me. Someone was talking to me. But I can't remember what he looked like...yet I know it was a "he". Maybe the dreams are - "

"So what are in for?"

Lina looked up at the voice in confusion. It came from the girl that was grading papers.

"Well? How come you're in detention?"

Lina inspected the girl before answering. She figured the girl might used something she said against her, meaning more detentions. Well the girl didn't at least look like much of a threat. She had long dark hair that came past her waist, just like Lina's red hair. And eyes her were a kind-looking forest green. Unlike Lina's whos eyes were the color of her hair: firey red. From the girls purple outfit she could tell she was in 11th grade.

"I guess I can trust her.." Lina whisper to herself

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing...Well I got here by sleeping in class"

"Oh not getting enough sleep at night?" she asked kindly

"........."

"Well my name is Sylphiel, what's your's?"

"Lina"

"You must be new here. Do you want to go watch the soccor team practice after you serve your detention? The captain is a real hottie!"

"Uh..well" Lina didn't know what to say. She knew she should go home(before Luna got home from work) But Syphiel was being real nice, and it sound fun. Girly airhead fun....but fun none the less. Besides Amelia was her only friend at that moment and was probly at home by now.

"Well what hay! Sound like fun!"

"Great you'll love it!"


"If I get hit by a ball....someone is gonna die"

"What do you mean?"

The two girls walked out of the school building and headed for the soccor field after detention had ended. One of the two girls were less than pleased....

"Oh come on..you still mad that you got detention?"

"Well yeah! But that doesn't have anything to do with it"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you see this big jerk - "

"Oh Boy!!" Sylphiel cried grabbing hold to her friend's arm and pulling her to the soccor field.

"Aren't they just soooo gorgous?" she cooed

Indeed they were kind of cute. And fast too. Lina only saw blurs as they ran past her.

"Man they're good!"

"Yeah" Sylpheil agreed "They're state champions!"

Suddenly Lina spoted a familiar blond headed their way..

"Hey that's - !" But before she could say another word, she saw the ball flying twords her! But this time she was prepared! She swiftly grabbed the ball in mid-air and swung it behind back.

"Ya ain't gettin' it back this time!" she growled quietly

Gourry had once again kicked the ball wrong and went to find where it landed. When he came to the place he saw it land...he was in for a suprise!

"Hi Gourry-dear" Sylphiel said adoringly

"Hi Sylphiel. Have you seen my b - " he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw who was next to her...

"Uh...hi Lina.."

"Gourry"

Lina looked him straight in the eye and smiled at him wickly...But Gourry, with the little intelligence he had, took this as a good sign.

"Uh I sorta kicked my ball over here..hope I didn't hit no one.."

Lina's face grew darker...

"Gee, I'm really sorry that I hit you with the ball this mornin' and I'm really really sorry that I said bad things about your hight.."

"..............."

"Forgive me?"

She looked into his big kindergarden-like eyes and decided to give the big lug a break..after all she still thought he was cute..in his own way.

"Fine. Do you always say such stupid things?"

"Naw only around people I know"

"But you didn't know me"

"I wasn't sayin' anything stupid, I was speakin' my mind"

"Whatever!"

"You two know each other?" Sylphiel asked confused

"Sorta...we meet this morning" Lina replied

"Uh..can ya help me find my ball?"

Lina couldn't help but laugh! All that time, and he still hadn't figured out that she had it behind her back!! Now that's a Yogurt for Brains if there ever was one!

"Here Yogurt for Brains!" she giggled as she tossed him the ball

"Wanna taste?" he laughed back

"Gourry-dear why don't you introduce Lina to some of the team?" Sylphiel really wanted Lina to get away from Gourry. They were getting a little too close...

"Great idea Sylpheil!" he grabbed hold to Lina arm and pulled her over to where some of the team were taking a break. Lina soon found out that the boy with the green hair and yellow eyes was Val, the boy with the long black hair was Zagulas, and the boy with the brown hair tied in a red scarf was Vrumagun. "And that boy over there is Zel; he's new here too"

Lina looked at the direction he was pointing to. There stood a boy about her age with unusually pale skin and dark purple hair.

"Hey Zelgodos!! Come here and meet Lina!"

"How many times must I tell you?" The boy growled coming twords them " My name is Zelgadiss! Get it? Zel...gad...iss!"

"Boy you're a grump" Lina laughed

Ignoring her, he grabbed for his towl that layed beside her. When he past her for a split-second she thought he said "Hello Dreamlighter"

"What did you say?"

He looked at her in confusion and replied "I didn't say anything to you" There was something about his voice that was so familar...he sounded like -

Dreamlighter you must come back.....we need you

Naw! It couldn't be! Could it?

"What did you say you name was?" Lina asked looking at him closely

"Zelgadiss, Zelgadiss Greywords"

"Zelgadiss huh? I'll keep that in mind....."


Part 3   |   Fanfiction