Chapter Two: Surprising! A Peaceful Land In Chaos!


The sounds of soothing waves upon the beach echoed in Lina's ears. She felt the sun upon her face, heating her skin. She grunted and struggled to open her eyes to find them covered in sand. She sat up slowly and brushed at her eyes. Then, she blinked slowly.

"I'm alive..," she whispered, hoarsely. She glanced about and started. Buried in the sand, upside down so that his lower body was sticking straight up in to the air, was Gourry. She hurried over to his side and attempted to pry him up. After a minute of futile tugging, she frowned. She stepped back and, with her finger, drew a circle around Gourry. "Dill Brand!" she shouted. The ground around Gourry, and Gourry himself, flew upwards in to the air at a surprising rate, sand flying everywhere in a spray. Gourry, yowling in surprise, landed on his backside within the sand. Gourry spat out sand and wiped his eyes, dazed. "Morning, Gourry," Lina said, smirking. Gourry spat out a smooth white clam shell and brushed back his long flowing hair.

"Lina, why'd you - ," Gourry began. He opened his eyes, suddenly, and glanced around. Lina noticed his surprise and glanced about as well. Her next breath caught in her throat.

"Where..?" she hissed. Surrounding them was pearly white sand, so clean it seemed unnatural. The sand was soft and warm to the touch. The beach seemed to spread out for half a mile in land, then stop abruptly and turn to green luscious grass. Within the grass was a beautiful gold bricked road, glittering like stars. The gold brick road slipped through the grass, sliding between two dense and peaceful forests, one on either side of the golden road. The road of gold continued past the horizon until it couldn't be seen anymore. In the distance, the tip of a tall mountain could be seen. Lina's eyes lit up like stars, twinkling, as her eyes fell upon the road of gold. She ran towards it, drooling with greed. Gourry rubbed the back of his head and stood up, slowly.

"Anyone who knows of Lina ought to know not to pave a street with gold," Gourry mumbled as he followed his traveling companion. Lina doze at the road and attempted to pry a brick from the road. She grabbed a hold and yanked. Her eyes widened in confusion as the brick refused to move. She continued to tug upon the brick, grunting in frusteration. "Lina, maybe you ought to - ," Gourry began. Lina ignored him and leaped back.

"Fireball!" she shouted, hurling a burning ball of flame at the road. However, instead of creating an explosion and destroying the road, the fireball disappeared with a small flash when it touched the road. Lina's eyes widened dramatically as Gourry blinked.

"What happened?" he gasped. Lina rubbed her chin.

"The brick... absorbed it?" she wondered. She touched the road, which seemed hot to the touch. Her eyes narrowed. " Orihalcon. Absorbs energy based but I'll bet a good explosion technique will get through!" she snapped. "DILL BRAND!" she cried. To her surprise, nothing happened. Lina glanced around, her face a mask of confusion. Suddenly, the ground under her exploded in a violent spray of dirt and sand. "AAACK!!!" Lina cried as she soared through the air and landed, roughly, in the ocean. Gourry blinked vigorously. Minutes later, Lina scrambled to the beach, panting. She was soaking wet and mad as a hornet. She stormed over to the road and glared at it. "Enchanted road... meant to keep robbers from taking it, I'll bet," she deduced.

"Like you, Lina?" Gourry asked, innocently. Lina slammed her fist in to his face, cheek twitching.

"I don't think I'll be able to take a souvenier," she grumbled. She stood up and dusted off her hands. "Well, let's see where this road leads to, shall we?" she quipped. Gourry rubbed his nose, quietly, and nodded. The two began to walk down the beautiful road, footsteps quick and light.


As the clouds drifted about the sky, a shadow seemed to inch along. It didn't drift, as the cloud had, but rather had a set path. The shadow darted up a hill, then ceased. The hill overlooked a fantastic city of white and normal gold. The city sparkled in the sunlight as the clouds drifted by. Yet the shadow remained immobile. The deep blackness began to shimmer like a pool and five figures began to rise from it's depths.

Five horsemen rose like zombies from beyond the grave. Each more similar midnight black armor. Their steeds were pure black with long, whip-like tails that resembled dragon tails. Their black manes glittered like abysmal steel. The horses bore fangs, glistening evilly, as their red eyes pierced the shadow.

Only a single horse stood out. It was twice as large as the others, it's mane purple and fluttering like wildfire. It had large bat wings folded back, resting. Upon it's back bore a large knight with black, red, and purple armor.

The knight glowered, eyes glowing. He raised a gauntlet hand and pointed at the town. A single horseman, one to his left, charged forward and towards the town. It raced down the hill then disappeared from sight. The large horse nickered violently as the rider sneered.

"War..," the rider hissed, his voice that of nails upon stone.


Deep within the city, a single garden rested sleepily. It was small but pretty, with green trees and white statues decorating it. In the center of the garden was a beautiful four leveled fountain. Jewels were etched in to it's sides, as were intricate decorations of dragons. Water dripped down, peacefully, from the fountain. The very sight of it soothed those who watched it. Deep in the middle of the fountain, hovering, was a glowing white crystal. It was no larger than a pearl but twice as beautiful. The entire pool seemed a symbol of peace.

However, that quickly changed. The crystal glowed violently, causing the otherwise still water to ripple violently. It increased in size, disturbing the tranquility of the fountain. The jewels lit up like suns, flashing violently as if in distress. Every drop of water trembled, either with fear or with anticipation of an evil it could sense and did not approve of.

But what?


"Lina, this path seems to go on forever! How large can this island possibly be?" Gourry muttered. Lina cast him an angry glare, then scanned the horizon.

"The mountain's growing taller so we must be nearing it... Legends speak of a mighty town of gold at the foot of the mountain so we have to head there," she muttered. She squinted, then let out a startled cry. "There it is!" she hissed. Gourry blinked and peered over Lina's head.

Upon the horizon, drifting in to sight, was a massive town made of white and normal gold. A protective gate stretched about it, glittering like coins upon a merchant's table. Towers peered out over the gate, giving the impression that they were watching for visitors. The roofs were of white gold while the bricks were of the normal color. Beautiful trees, their leaves a healthy emerald, peeked over the wall. Behind the town, the mountain opened up with a wide yawn. In the middle of the massive curve inside the mountain was a beautiful lake, the water clear and fresh.

The most spectacular sight was what hovered over the lake, nestled between the mountains. A small temple hovered gently, waterfalls diving downward from it to the lake below.

Lina caught her breath while Gourry stared.

"Yes..," Lina hissed. "YES! The Sacred Temple of the Moon! It's said to be filled with all sorts of rare artifacts! No one has ever been able to get to the treasure trove awaiting inside!" she drooled, eyes wild with greed.

"But if it's sacred, shouldn't we leave it alone?" Gourry asked. Lina glared at Gourry, who blinked.

"Don't be stupid, Gourry," Lina snapped. "They only SAY it's sacred to keep adventurers away. Any smart sorceress knows that!" she scoffed. Gourry looked unconvinced and rubbed the back of his head. "Anyway, let's get in!" Lina grinned. She strolled, deftly, down the road towards the large gold gate and knocked. Almost instantly, the gates flew open to reveal the town. It was bustling with activity, as would any normal port city. People carried boxes of foreign fruit to the stands while visitors walked around with eager expressions. Lina glanced around, quickly, and walked in to the town. "Where to start?" she thought.

"How about a tavern, Lina?" Gourry asked. "I'm starving!"

Lina's stomach rumbled in agreement. She pointed skywards, grinning.

"Lead me to the food!" she cheered.

A loud scream issued through the streets. Lina and Gourry whirled to see a dark knight on a demon horse racing through the streets, twirling a wicked ebony sword. It tossed a razored boomerang, which sliced through stalls and chairs, barely missing people as they scrambled in terror. Lina stared in surprise, then grumbled.

"So much for food..," she grumbled. "I guess I'll have to - ,"

"HALT! You shall go no farther, demon!" a male voice boomed out. The horseman skidded to a stop and glanced about, warily. Lina blinked, vigorously.

"What..?" she muttered.

"Searching for Chaos in which we right..," a male voice boomed.

"For our world, us three shall fight..," a female voice rumbled.

"We battle for justice, all that's true..," a sexy female voice slithered.

"W-what?" Lina gasped.

From out of the shadows, upon a chimney, stepped a young and incredibly handsome man. he wore black and purple clothing, his long black hair flowing in the wind as he smirked.

"We destroy all demons, including you..," he grinned, winking a beautiful green eye. Another flash occured and a slim elven girl in green clothes appeared upon a roof top opposite of the man.

"Though the Mazoku cause pain..," the elven girl smirked, pulling out two katanas. A final flash zipped through the air and a sexy young lady wearing a tight red outfit stepped in to view upon another roof. She winked, her rose eyes glittering lustfully.

"Our courage shall not ever wane..," she crooned. She snapped her fingers and shook her hips, once.

"Hitokage!" the male yelled, pulling out a massive sword from seemingly nowhere.

"Sutaraiku!" the elven girl snapped, demonstrating a slash with her blades.

"Chi!" the sultry girl hissed, licking her lips.

"We are... The Ryuuzoku Rogues!" all three shouted in union.

"We fight for Ciphied, for justice, and light!" Hitokage shouted, posing defiantly with clenched fists.

"To make this world's future flawless and bright!" Suta cried, posing skillfully with her katanas.

"Hearts stained with evil, you'll cower all right!" Chi winked, posing sexily. She threw her arms back, causing her rather bountiful bosom to bounce. She winked and twirled out a rose from her dress and put it in her mouth. "And you, hon, have made a greivous error," she rumbled, huskily.

"Oh brother," Lina grumbled, sweatdropping. Gourry glanced from Hitokage to Sutaraiku to Chi, then to Lina. His expression was of puzzlement. Lina glanced at the three and snorted. "Looks like I'll need to solve this..,"

"No, human," Hitokage snapped, as if he had heard Lina from afar. He glanced down at Lina, green eyes shimmering. " Your help is neither required nor wanted," he snorted.

"You'd only get hurt, little girl," Chi giggled, smoothing out her red dress so that it better hinted at her shapely form.

"I want the first shot!" Sutaraiku grinned as she lunged down to the street below. She landed, easily, on the ground without any help from spells. She twirled her blades and winked. "Time to taste dragon power!"

The knight seemed a bit perplexed at meeting the three. The demon horse neighed and stomped it's feet, nervously. The knight's eyes glowed and, slowly, it raised it's hand. It's gauntlet began to tremble, as if something underneath it was moving. Sutaraiku raised an eyebrow. From beneath the gauntlet slithered worms. They slipped and writhed around the knight's arms. They appeared slimey but were not.

However, that did not make them any less disgusting.

The worms continued to flow from beneath the gauntlet, lunging forward to land on the ground. The worms continued to flow, slithering about eachother to form a massive lump.

Lina stared with a mixture of disgust and curiousity while the Ryuuzoku Rogues seemed neither disturbed nor startled. The worms continued to writhe and swirl until, suddenly, skeleton claws lunged forward. A long bird skull and skeletal neck slithered out of the mass of worms, which then formed the rest of the body.

The creature rocked back and forth as it materialized. Sutaraika's expression was serious as Lina gasped in horror. Gourry merely stared, totally dumbfounded. Hitokage and Chi leaped from their positions to land next to Sutaraika, ready to defeat the new foe they were soon to face.

Lina couldn't help but cringe as Chi's massive breasts bounced.

"That... reminds me of someone..," Lina hissed under her breath.


Chapter 3   |   Fanfiction