Chapter 1


Notes

This is a dark, sick story. I warned you.


The cure came to him in a dream.

Raven hair tumbled down her back in twin murky rivers, while an evil smirk graced her simple features. "You are a seeking a cure?" her silky voice asked. A gentle hand caressed his cheek. "I can tell it to you."

"Tell me!"

"The price is great, young one. Are you willing to pay it?"

"Anything..." for the cure.

Searing pain crashed through his body. "The price is great," she reiterated. "Do you really wish to give up everything?"

"I have... nothing... left to... lose..." he got around the pain that paralyzed his voice.

A soft, evil chuckle reached his ears. "Young one, there is always one last thing to lose..."


"Zel! Hey, wake up!"

Zelgadis Greywers woke up to see Lina Inverse hovering over him, her ruby eyes worried. "You were screaming in your sleep," she explained. "Nightmare?"

Zel sighed, and sat up. The forest around them was quiet, save for a certain blond swordsman's snoring. He sat there for a moment, leaning against a tree, thinking. But all he could remember of the nightmare was... twin ponytails?

"I think so," he told her. "I... don't remember."

Lina smiled at him, slapping his back. "Itai, she said, cradling her bruised hand. Aloud, she said, "I'm going back to bed. No more nightmares!"

The chimera smiled at her comical actions. "Goodnight, Lina."

"'Night, Zel!" she yawned as she laid down to sleep.

Zelgadis leaned against the tree, staring at the night sky. And he stayed like that as sleep overtook his body once more.


"Do you want the cure?"

Silly question. "Yes."

"You know what the price is. Are you willing to pay it?"

"Yes."

A smirk crossed her face. "So shall it be." One slender hand touched his brooch, while she moved in, her lips nearly touching his ear.

Dark whispers filled his ears as the Chimera's Cure was told...


Chapter 2   |   Fanfiction