Part 2: Trip to Sairaag


"Tasogare yori mo kuraki mono..."

"Shit. Idiot little bandit..."

"Chi no nagare yori akaki mono..."

Blue dove for the nearest nice rock.

"Toki no nagare ni uzumore shi Idai na nanji no na ni oite..."

"When will they learn she HASN'T mellowed?"

"Ware, koko ni yami ni chikawan Warera ga mae ni tachi fusagari shi..."

"She isn't even that flat!"

"Subete no oroka naru mono ni Ware to nanji ga chikara mote Hitoshiku horobi o ataen koto o!"

The Blue Dragon Sister placed her fingers in her ears, and turned away as Lina cried out the last bit of the spell.

"DRAGU SLAVE!"

"I would ask if that really was necessary," Blue said dryly as the dust settled, "but if I could, I would have joined you."

Lina smirked. "Hey, we have enough money here to get a pretty good meal tonight."

Blue counted how much they had 'liberated' from the bandits. "Hm... enough to pay for your meal... hey, and there's enough for a good round of beer too!"

Lina rolled her ruby eyes. "Do you know a girl named Naga?"

The Dragon Sister blinked. "It's slightly familiar. I think I heard that name from stories about you. But I've never met her."

The sorceress shrugged, and slung the bag of gold over her shoulder as she walked. "Hey, can you tell me more about the Dragon Sisters? Like how you become one, and what the others are like?"

"Hmm..." Blue tapped her chin. "I don't remember how I became a Dragon Sister. It's kinda like you were always one. Why, you wanna be one?"

Lina tried not to snort. "I've just noticed in all the towns we've been to, you get a lot of respect. And in the few weeks we've been traveling, you've never said another world about the Dragon Sisters."

"Well..." The woman thought again. "I think the respect may have something to do with the fact we work directly for your sis. The Knight of Cepheed is pretty rich in respect. How... maybe, you have the dragon. I don't know." She shrugged helplessly. "The others... I work mostly with Green and Purple. Green's nice, kinda shy though, and her magic's good. Purple's really quiet. She knows a little magic and a little fighting, which is more then I can say about Orange." [1]

"I've been wondering," Lina said, looking over her shoulder, "what do the others look like? The only thing that can call you the Blue Dragon Sister is the blue dragon mark and the blue bikini."

"Not all the Dragon Sisters look like their color." Blue sighed, and stopped to stretch her right leg. "Ow. Sorry." She started walking again. "From what I've heard, usually, there are two Dragon Sisters who have the same colored eyes and hair as their Dragon Color. I don't know if Black did, but I know that White does. She has nice white colored hair, even though she's obviously in her twenties, and white eyes. She's blind."

Lina nodded. "But her eyes can open?"

"Yeah. She just doesn't have any iris or pupil." Blue shook her head. "I forgot you had to fight the Blind Priest Rezo."

Lina snickered. "Nice touch." She looked up, and started drooling. "A town! With FOOD!" The sorceress rushed off, leaving behind the sound of her stomach growling loudly.

Blue laughed. "That's a silly kid."


"LINA!!"

"I'm sorry!" the sorceress puffed as she ran, the angry townspeople behind her. "It wasn't my fault that there was a survivor from the Dragu Slave yesterday!"

"You didn't need to blow up the entire inn!" Blue shot back. "And the surrounding houses!"

"I SAID I'M SORRY!"


"I can see what Purple said about me not needing this kind of trouble," Blue groaned, sitting down in the shade. "Do you get mobs chasing you every few weeks?"

"Just about," Lina replied grimly. "But it's not my fault!"

The woman shook her head. "It is, Lina. It's your fault that you can't control your temper. Or, if you had just taken care of it physically, you probably wouldn't have had all those people after you."

"Grr..."

"Oh, shit." Blue stood up as Lina raised her hands in a spell casting position.

"FIRE... OW!"

The Dragon Sister wiped off the little blood on her katana, and slid it back in the sheath. "Exactly what I was talking about, Lina. If I was anyone else, I don't think you would have lived."

Lina started a healing spell on the tiny cuts on her forearms. "You cut me."

"I obviously have a higher survival instinct than your former companions," she said dryly. "There are plenty of people out there that don't care that you're Lina Inverse. They won't take that kinda shit from you. I think it's time to learn that."

The girl ran her fingers over the healed cuts. "I think I understand."

"Good." Blue smiled recklessly. "Because Sairaag's in sight. We'll probably be there by nightfall."

Lina nodded, still in deep thought.

Good. I've given her something to think about. Maybe... she'll live longer than even she'd predict.


Notes

[1] - If I were you, I would keep track of which Dragon Sister does what, so you don't get confused.


Part 3   |   Fanfiction