Firia


Notes

Heheh... just read it. It's the second part in my Entwined Hearts series.


Footsteps crashed through the woods, and Zel looked up to see the girl Xellos had said he wanted to talk to.

"grumblegrumble making me get the namagomi grumblegrumble" Filia stepped out from behind the tree. "Lina-san wants to see you," she said shortly. "Go now, Xellos."

"Filia," Zel whispered, keeping his now human features hidden from her.

It was then the Ryuzoku took in the scene in front of her. "Zelgadis-san... Did you just kill...?" She blinked, wondering why she felt angry and betrayed at the chimera.

I'll take over here, Zel-kun, Xellos' voice whispered coolly through his head. An odd feeling passed over the chimera, then he was looking out of his eyes, but not actually doing anything. Then, darkness spilled over, and Zelgadis saw no more.

Xellos put down his old shell, and cupped Filia's face with a human looking hand. "Fil-chan," he said, Zel's voice not exactly use to putting the same amount of mischief and humor into the words that the Mazoku did. However, Filia knew who it was.

"X-xellos?" She peered into his eyes, now residing in Zelgadis' face. "H-how?"

"I knew if I tried to tell you this before, you wouldn't have believed me." A lock of lavender hair fell into his face, obscuring one amethyst eye. "You had no reason to hate me, Fil-chan. It was long ago that I killed the Gold Dragons, and it was because of the imbalance those particular Ryuzoku were causing. I never killed for pleasure, only for necessity." Xellos wiped away a tear that spilled down the Gold Dragon's face.

"You... are my everything. Fil-chan, please, don't cry. When I... move on - Fil-chan, please. Don't cry. When I... go, make sure you tell Zelgadis a few things." Xellos held the Ryuzoku close to him, playing with her blond hair. "Tell him to talk to Amelia and Lina, at least. To be honest with his feelings. Next..." He gulped, knowing the next part wouldn't be easy for either the chimera or the Ryuzoku to hear. "I forced out the human and golem parts in him to make him look human. But, in the process, I caused an imbalance in his body. Zel only has two more days left to live."

Filia cried into the chimera's chest, and Xellos stroked her back. "Shh... shh..."

"Doshite?" she whispered, unknowingly echoing Zelgadis. "Why did you do that?"

"Because, I couldn't stand seeing the ones we love in such pain," he said soothingly, the words slowing the tears. "I love you, Filia."

"I-I love you too," she said, hushed. "Please... stay a little longer?"

Xellos shook his borrowed head, a smile on his face. "Now, that I can't do."

"Why?"

He chuckled, and said his last words: "Sore wa himitsu desu."

Filia briefly thought about pulling out the mace, but that was cut off as the body sagged against her, the eyes closing. Slowly, amethyst eyes opened again, only this time, the look in them was not taunting and mocking, but sad and tired. "Filia?" the voice whispered, exhausted. Zelgadis tried to stand up on his own, but only proceeded to drag the two to the ground.

"Zelgadis-san?" Filia asked, voice quivering with tears shed, and tears not yet shed.

"W-what happened?" he asked, trying to pull his weak body into a sitting position.

Filia brushed back tears, and slowly told him about what Xellos told her. Halfway through, tears coursed down her face unbidden. Finally, she was able to finish.

Zel sat back against a tree, stunned. I should have known this wouldn't be price free, he thought. "So I should talk to Lina and Amelia," he whispered. "Did he mention... if the actual... moment would hurt?" When Filia miserably shook her head, Zelgadis growled at her. "You don't know?! I-I'm going to die in two days, and you don't know?!"

Filia, suddenly calm and cool, slammed her mace into him. "Shut up!" she snapped. "That's all Xellos told me." The calm facade broke, and she stumbled to her feet, dropped her mace, and ran off, crying.

Zelgadis touched the spot where she whacked him with surprisingly very little strength. "I'm sorry, Filia," he whispered, chastised.

And the sun set, signaling the end of the day.


Notes

Turns away and whistles Nope, nope, it isn't the end. Nope.


Amelia   |   Fanfiction