Hunted


Notes

Gomen! I didn't want to write this kind of fic, but it just came out like this!


Twigs snapped as she ran through the woods, sobbing. Her weapons were gone, her magic depleted. Her feet tripped over a small rock, and she hit the dirt, hard. She struggled to get up; he was after her. She had to live. She had to.

A shadow fell over her struggling form, and she looked up, terrified. He stood over her, an ever-present smile on his face.

"Yare, yare. You're trapped now, it seems." She tried to scoot away, however, terror locked her muscles. A whimper escaped her throat. His face softened slightly, and he placed a hand on her cringing shoulder.

The surroundings around them melted, and reformed. He pulled her over to the pond now in front of them. Swiftly, he ripped a strip of cloth form his cape. He dipped it into the water, wrung out the excess water, and wiped the dirt and tears from her face.

"Why are you doing this?" she whispered, trembling.

He opened his eyes. "You don't deserve to be covered in filth like this." Gently, he finished cleaning her face. "You're too beautiful for your face to be covered."

She blinked, realizing tears were filling in her eyes. "W-why are you hunting me?" she asked in a voice so soft she barely heard herself.

His eyes closed again. "Because I'm afraid of getting hurt."

The answer confused her, but she couldn't ask another question. She was treated to another, final glimpse of his eyes. "It's time."

Gulping, she closed her eyes, baring her throat. Teeth embedded themselves in her neck, wolf teeth. She wanted to cry out. She wanted to fight, to change into her ryuu form and fly, to flee, but all she could do is open her eyes again, seeing his body for the last time...

Xellos Metallium felt the neck under him break, and he laid the body of the Ryuzoku, Filia Ul Copt, on the ground, releasing his hold on her. He stroked her face, free of the blood that streaked the rest of her body. Gently, he kissed her hand, leaving a bloody kiss mark on her skin.

"Goodbye, Filia," he whispered.


Notes

I didn't want it to be a Xellos/Filia. It started out a Lina/Xellos, but I changed the girl to Filia. Gomen! I know I said I didn't see how they could love each other!


Fanfiction