Chapter 3: Dreams


Lina yawned, and sat up. There was an urgent feeling in her body, and it had nothing to do with the fact her bladder was about to burst.

'Alright, alright, she thought blearily. The redhead walked out of the room, barely noting that it was the room she had when she lived in Zelphila...

She was in the woods. Someone walked from one tree to the next, mostly hidden in the darkness. Lina kept walking forward. There was something she had to do... something...

A hand touched her shoulder, and she turned around, painfully slow. A girl with snow colored locks and strange, shifting eyes looking deeply into her ruby ones.

It was fascinating, her eyes, Lina noted in the back of her mind. The only color that actually stayed in place was the circle of red on the outer edge of her iris. Other than that, color shifted around in lazy loops in her Mazoku slitted eyes.

There was something hypnotizing about her eyes. Lina slumped forward as something siphoned the energy out of her body. She would do whatever the girl said... whatever...

Strong arms caught her. Lina looked up, and saw Zel's gentle face. She smiled softly, and twined her arms around his waist.

Suddenly, the chimera's face twisted into the demonic vampire visage, and he bit deeply into her, drinking until she was dry...


Lina gasped, and woke up. Gods, what a dream, she thought, running a hand over her neck. Syphiel stirred in her sleep, but didn't awaken. Then, the sorceress did get up, because one part of the dream was real.

After the Slayer relieved herself, nearly fell over when dizziness almost overtook her, and finally got back to her room, sleep hung over her like an almost tangible cloud. The instant Lina's red head touched her pillow, she fell asleep again.


Dancing.

That what they were doing.

Zelgadis smiled at her as he twirled her around. It was peaceful here, and everything was right.

Her arm reached out, and hit something hard and sharp. Lina brought her hand back, and stared at the blood that dripped from a long cut on her arm. Zel's blue hands ran over the cut, and he placed the bloody fingers in his mouth, sensually licking the crimson fluid off his fingers. Then, he placed his blood stained lips on hers, and kissed her with a wild passion.

The blood was staining her nice dress. Lina frowned, and pulled back, looking at the cut.

There was no injury.

She looked back up at Zel. He growled at her, and slammed a fist into her stomach, then tripped her. The vampire pressed her to the dance floor, roughly kissing her. When Lina looked around, desperately wondering if anyone would save her, she saw the girl again.

She pulled Zel off of the sorceress, looking at her with pity. It was then she realized that there was blood all over her clothing, and she was still bleeding...

Still bleeding...


Yuki snarled as she watched Lina toss and turn in her sleep. The dreams of a Slayer, she thought. I do have to wonder what she's dreaming about... instead of going out and doing something productive...

A soft moan reached her ears. "Zel..." Lina whispered in her sleep. "Please, I... I love you..."

The Mazoku blinked. That was the something Kirne wanted to know. Something to bring the Slayer down.

Vampirize the Zel person, she thought, and shook her head. I won't allow it. I want to bring Kirne-sama down.

But what do I do?

The answer came to her, and she smiled bitterly.

Make friends with the Slayer. Actually... it is my best bet.

Yuki jumped down from the window, and landed gracefully on her feet. She then blended into the night as she went to go scare an unsuspecting person.


Chapter 4   |   Fanfiction