Part Five: Absence of Fear


Notes

Absence of Fear is the property of Jewel.


Inside my skin there is this space
It twists and turns
It bleeds and aches

Amelia watched the two lovebirds with a sinking feeling in her heart. She had accepted that Zelgadis loved Lina, not her. But there was always a constricting feeling around her chest when she saw them together.

Lina looked up, and waved. "Hey, Amelia! How are you?"

She put on a brave face. "I'm fine, Miss Lina."

Zel was watching her with a strange look on his face. She suspected that he didn't believe her.

Inside my heart there's an empty room
It's waiting for lightning
It's waiting for you

Lina kissed her chimera, startling him out of his reverie. "Whatcha thinking about?"

Zel pressed his lips to his fiery sorceress' hair. "Amelia."

Her eyes narrowed in jealousy. "Hey..." Zelgadis tipped her chin up, and kissed her nose. "Alright, I'll probably regret this... Why?"

"She's really vulnerable right now," he said thoughtfully.

"And?"

He gently kissed her neck. "I think that she might try and get her way through murder." Lina's ruby eyes widened as the words chilled her blood.

And I am wanting
And I am needing you here
Inside the absence of fear

Amelia cried outside the inn they were staying at. She knew that Zelgadis didn't love her. But... Lina?!

After she was cried out, she picked up a small dagger and stared at it dully. How many times, after she found out that he loved Lina, that she fantasized slitting her wrists? But that would be the coward's way out. Amelia, Crown Princess of Sailoon, couldn't take the coward's way.

Someone slipped a mug in front of her. Without looking to see who it was, she picked it up and downed it. Amelia choked slightly when the bitter taste of beer reached her tongue, but kept drinking it.

Xellos giggled. Everything was going as per to plan! And soon Amelia would be too drunk of see straight. And she would...

Muscle and sinew
Velvet and stone
This vessel is haunted
It creaks and moan

I don't believe it, Amelia thought, gulping down her... hell, she didn't how many mugs of beer she had! Lina... Zel...

She toyed with her dagger, blinking owlishly at it. How easy would it be to...

Amelia giggled drunkenly at that thought. Lina was a good friend of hers! Her face darkened as she realized that good friends wouldn't steal their friend's boyfriends.

She threw down some coins, and staggered up the stairs. Sleep looked kinda good right now.

My bones call to you
In their separate skin
I make myself translucent
To let you in, for
I am wanting
And I am needing you here
Inside the absence of fear

Lina giggled as Zel found a particularly ticklish spot. "Hey," she protested, squirming weakly against his hands. "Don't tickle me!"

"Alright then..." And he amused himself other ways, and eventually ended up inside of her. They moved together, moaning loudly in pleasure.

Amelia was staggering past their room and heard it. Her face darkened in rage, and she tightened her grip on her dagger.

There is this hunger
This restlessness inside of me
And it knows you're not stranger
You're my gravity

As Lina and Zelgadis were recovering from their love making, Amelia burst in, holding a dagger. The fact she couldn't stand straight was a big clue that she was drunk off her butt.

The Princess growled in anger, and started forward. The look in her eye said that she was going to kill something, and that something was a red head sorceress named Lina Inverse.

Zel jumped up, and tried to wrestle the dagger away from her. Amelia kept her hold on it stubbornly, and kept thrusting it forward.

Xellos frowned, thinking. The girl wouldn't be able to kill the chimera without any special help. And it would awfully nice of him to give her help...

My hands will adore you through all darkness aim
They will lay you out in moonlight
And reinvent your name

Zelgadis' eyes opened wide when Amelia wrenched the dagger away from his hands and thrust it through his heart. The girl stepped back, swayed, and fell to the floor, unconscious.

Lina screeched in rage, and was seriously thinking about sending Amelia to the EMERGENCY ward via Dragon Slave when Xellos appeared above the fallen Princess.

"Hello, dearest Lina!"

The first thing that came to her mind was what escaped her lips: "Eat poison and die, shitface."

He frowned at her. "That isn't a nice thing to say while your little lover there is dying."

Lina gasped as she realized that the dagger Amelia had been carrying hadn't broken against the chimera's stone skin. It had actually punctured the heart.

Totally nude, and not caring, she picked up Zel's head, sliding her legs gently underneath. "Zel?" she whispered. "Oh, gods. Zel?!"

Xellos giggled. "He's dying, Lina."

"Why did you do that?" the sorceress fired at him, giving the Glare of Death to him.

The General/Priest waggled his finger at her. "Now that is a secret." And disappeared.

Lina looked back at the dying body of her lover. "Zelgadis?" she whispered in a high, frightened voice. "Oh, gods. Don't die on me." Her hands touched the dagger, and realized that it had been spelled to puncture stone skin. "Zel?"

He weakly grabbed her hand, and squeezed it. "I'm dying, Lina. And there's nothing..." Zel coughed for a bit, and ended up coughed up blood. "There's nothing you can do..."

Lina started crying. "Zel... I love you."

He smiled at her. "I love..."

"Zel?"

For I am wanting
And I am needing you here
I need you near
Inside the absence of fear

Zelgadis' hand went limp, and his face relaxed. Lina shook him slightly. "Zel? Oh, gods, ZEL?!" She started shaking him harder, her own muscles shaking. "Zel, wake up. Please." Tears escaped her eyes. "ZEL!"


Part 6   |   Fanfiction