Chapter One: Anxiety! A New Option?


Lina devoured yet another chicken as Amelia, Zelgadis, and even Gourry watched her in shock, Lina paused and saw their looks "What? I'm hungry! I haven't had a decent meal in what... 5 hours?" Lina paused to take another bite, "besides, all that stuff I got from the bandits has been wearing me down. I need to recover my energy!" and with that everyone just shook their heads and surveyed the 'stuff' Lina had retrieved, it was definatly quite a bit of cash - unfortunatly - what they were watching was the owner of the restaurant hauling it into his back room.

Gourry decided to tell his latest theory to Lina and Zel "Zel, I've been thinking," at this point Lina had time to pause again and give a smart comment "I'm sure it's a new experience...but..."

Gourry was (surprisingly) prepared for this and came back pretty sharp "You know, if you ever want the hikarinoken..." Lina immediatly appoligized profusely and then went back to eating. Gourry made a mental note Xelloss can give useful advice sometimes, Gourry - like everyone except Lina in the party, had very little liking of Xellos, however, the night before Xelloss asked him to tell this theory to the party and he realized that it was true just a few moments ago, "anyway, I was thinking, does it ever feel like we've suddenly got all these people watching us, from all sorts of places - and that it always starts in an Inn before something really interesting happens?" everyone paused and starred at Gourry.

"You've been talking with Xelloss haven't you?" Amelia said "You really shouldn't, Xelloss does not support the cause of Justice! Worse - he's against it! We really should give him a good..." at this point 4 pieces of Silverware found themselves embeded in Amelias chair.

"Would you be QUIET Amelia... I'm eating," again, Lina resumed her feast.

As Lina finished her meal everyone felt a presence enter the room, and unsurprisingly, in a few moments Xelloss appeared behind Lina. "Hello, Lina-Chan! Hello Gourry, Amelia... and oh - Zelgadis! Happy to see me I take it?" by now Zel had drawn his sword and had it pointed directly at Xelloss. Zel was not in the mood for another adventure being lead around like sheep by Xelloss so he decided to get him out now. "Tsk Tsk!" Xelloss said as he took the blade from Zels hands and then teleported back behind Lina. "This blade just will not do!" with that Xelloss cut his arm and let out a moan of pleasure and then tossed it back to Zel "Just not sharp at all." Zel remembered at this point just how difficult Xelloss was to get rid of and sighed in defeat and sat down. "Now, Lina - I take it Gourry told you my theory." Lina nodded, that just wasn't like Gourry to do something like that unless SOMEONE was poking him around.

"How'd you come up with some nutty theory like that, anyway?" Lina asked, rubbing her stomach which was 9/10s full but the Inn had run out of food.

"... Sore wa Himitsu Desu!" Xellos said in traditional fashion. "Anyway, I've heard a few rumors in a couple of places I've been...visiting..."

Zel interupted at this point "Like where?"

Xellos didn't even have to listen "Sore wa Himitsu Desu!" he again said. "Anyway, I think there is an artifact that might - help you save your fortunes for a little bit..." at this point the Inn owner came back in to take the final bag of Lina's treasure.

Lina didn't trust Xelloss in matters like this, she knew just what to ask. "What is that?"

Xelloss laughed for a moment raised his finger and said "Sore wa..." at this point a large frying pan which held some food Lina had devoured was on Xelloss's head. "Arigato!"

"No problem, now, if you think we'll just follow you around happily you're sorely mistaken." Xelloss tossed a piece of paper on the table "That there is a map to the city of Geoas," Lina thought for a moment Geoas... Geoas... Never heard of it. Suddenly, it's location popped into her head.

Lina muttered to herself "Great... That only happens when someone is making up towns for their fanfic... just great..."

Everyone but Xelloss struggled to hear Lina, Amelia was the first to ask: "What was that miss Lina?"

Lina shook her head silently "nothing..." Lina then remembered "Of Course! Geoas is the city where they have that big cook off! The judges get to eat huge amounts of food and then the winner gets to cook for the king for a solid year and gets drapped in luxury! Oh - to be the king of Geoas." Lina began to swoon, Xelloss however, calmly took a small pamplet out of his cloak.

"This is a Judge's pass - want it?" Lina immediatly grabbed for it immediatly. "Hmm..." Xelloss said thoughtfully, then he tossed it on the table where both Lina and now Gourry, who was in reach grabbed. During a fight in which the strength of the pass was shown, Xelloss said "Bye-Bye! See you there" and with that he disappeared.

Finally Lina was trumphant and she held the ticket above her head in pride. then she turned around and said "Off to Geoas!"

Everyone but Gourry was stunned "Trust Xelloss!? What are you nuts?"

Lina was shocked they were turning this down. "It's free food! FOOD! Gourmet Food!" with that she went up to her room and gathered her things (a spare over-sized shoulder pad) and then said "I'm leaving... are you coming?" and then she walked out.

Gourry walked out a moment later, Zel and Amelia sat there.

"I can't believe she's trusting HIM." Amelia grabbed his arm "Now we're alone!"

Zel nodded, stood, and walked out, a yell sounds a moment later, "Hey Guys! Wait up!" and then Amelia ran out after her Zelgadis...


Chapter 2   |   Fanfiction