Repose


Notes

Anyone remember this ficcie?............silence Didn't think so ^^; This is another part of the Temptation story line, a side chapter of sorts to introduce the enemy and plot some hints for the future of this tale. The Slayers, their world, L-sama, etc. don't belong to me. (Biiiig surprise, ne?) But I think you can tell what DOES belong to me so I'll just shut up. If you hadn't read the rest of the chapters... you won't really need them for this story.


Before there was a beginning, we are told there was a Great Darkness, an intangible blackness choking the non existant space.....

But why is it always said that the beginning was always dark? Is darkness not merely the absence of light? Light hides darkness away, yet births it in it's absence, a creator and destroyer in every sense....

Peculiar.

So therefor, in order for this 'great darkness' to even exist, there has to be an absence of a pre-existing factor.

In other words, something else had to come first.

Darkness cannot exist without it.

For darkness is merely the absence there of.

So lets say before there was a beginning, there was a Light. Pure and never ending, eternally smooth and orderly...

Silent.

But perhaps on one non existant day there was a disturbance. A single note of sound vibrated, releasing a rippling shockwave effect.

Noise.

So loud to an entity so quiet, the Light itself began to tear and wear thin, leaving darkness in its absence...

Chaos.

Then perhaps the inaudible sound began to lump together, forming something 'alive', eternally loud and keeping away the silent light...

And maybe the universes were born in its wake.

Order within the Chaos.

Chaos within the Order.

It is said that all things have their champions...

This was the theory presented to Derallen, the words that forever changed his piteous life.

All things have their champion.

A sad, shadowy past, a life that was headed nowhere -

Until the Light came.

Beautiful.

Destiny.

He had a purpose, a duty... and it was all that was important..

His footsteps echoed throughout the corridor, a slow and deliberate pace. The tall youth stopped before an ornate pair of silver lined doors, briefly catching his handsome reflection in one of the hall's many mirrors.

His long raven hair was neatly brushed and pulled into a ponytail at the nape of his neck, his bangs brushing his eye lids. His white uniform was creased in all the right places and his silver/gray armor shined to perfection. Not a button undone, not a stitch out of place, his flawless appearance was accented by the blue scarf fluttering about his waist - the only true color on his outfit. He stared into the reflection of his eyes...

Opal orbs outlined in a pale blue/grey - proof of his loyalty. Unconsciously, he let his hand rest on the hilt of his long, ornate sword (1) held in the scabbard about his waist. Grey trimmed eyes...

Proof of his loyalty.

The only thing that mattered.

Doors noiselessly swept open and he quietly made his way into the large room. His expression shone with pure adoration and regard as he spotted the slight form seated on a giant throne of crystal.

To look at him would cause one a confusion in gender. Upon closer inspection, it could be decided that he was, indeed male, but far more lovely than most.

White hair waved delicately over a ridiculously pretty face, ending a little ways from his smallish shoulders. He rested his head on a pale hand as he studied the image he had conjured in the middle of the room. As the taller man, nothing was out of place in his nearly pure white ensemble. His eyes were a pale blue/grey, rimmed with silver...

Perfect beauty.

Orderly beauty.

A birthmark rested upon his forehead, two small, parallel lines over one another. Proof of his right.

His silver trimmed eyes, proof of his loyalty.

The only thing that mattered.

Derallen knelt before the child like boy, bowing his head in reverence. "What do you wish to do next, Adelius-sama?"

"Wait." The voice echoed of silver bells, yet seemed tinged with something...

Unnatural.

"They are headed to Zephilia," the boy called Adelius continued. "This does not affect the plan in the least. Besides, I want her to know who she is, what she is. What her destiny holds." His eyes closed and he leaned his head back. "It will be grand," he whispered. "So we shall wait for now. Maintain observing the troupe."

"Hai, Adelius-sama." The raven haired man now kneeled directly before his lord, holding his delicate hand to his cheek. "Anything you wish." His voice trembled with nearly uncontrollable loyalty.

Silver trimmed eyes barely looked up as his servant left to complete his task, instead concentrating on the person within the flickering Image.

Red eyes flashed, promising fire as she throttled one of her companions. She was certainly easy to anger, but that didn't really surprise him. Her golden auburn hair swished around violently as she attempted to disembowel the purple haired mazoku, the chimera holding her back and the rest of her companions sweatdropping. He eyed the headband she wore with an unhidden distaste, after all, it hid her birthmark.

Proof of her right.

She too was slightly androgynous, loathe though she was to admit it. Never the less, it didn't take much to note she was female.

Imperfect beauty.

Chaotic beauty.

She too had a very child-like appearance...

Not yet grown.

Just like him.

Nothing like him.

"It will be grand," he promised the image of Lina Inverse, true sincerity in his tone. "I promise...

Futago." (2)


Notes

(1) Get your mind out of the gutter hentai!!

(2) Twin


Part 8   |   Fanfiction