Too Good of a Day


Notes

This story is about a good day having an unexpected turn for the gang. Hope you like what happens and stay tuned for the rest of the story.


Lina should have known that the day had started out too good. All of their pockets were full, including Xellos's, thanks to the bandits around. They had all been surprised when Xellos joined in the attack but then he said that he too was low on coins and that this was the easiest way to get it. Lina still did not believe him.

But to get back to the story, Amelia had left Zelgadis alone for once and Gourry was looking toward Amelia for once which surprised Lina, but hey he was leaving her alone for once with his hinting at something more than she wanted to give. So while she had peace and quiet, of course, trouble was brewing.

Later that day they were walking all nice and quiet, content maybe, when all of the sudden Xellos got this startled look on his face and fell to the ground. Lina was the first to notice and she gave a small cry and went to kneel beside him. "What happened?!" was everyone's question buzzing in her ears.

"I do not know." She said a little worried. Xellos' eyes were open and staring at something only he could see. As she was about to shake him and see what response she got he spoke. "It has happened more as I get older. I do not know what it is and when I ask I am not answered." His breath was short and raspy as he did his best to speak. Now he had everyone's eyes on him as he tried to continue. "Xellos, what is it? What can we do to help?" Lina asked, even Zelgadis looked worried, but only faintly, Xellos had never been his favorite person but he still had a heart no matter how he tried to hide it. Xellos's breath got faster and faster with his eyes rolling and his body twisting this way and that and then as fast as it started it stopped.

He slowly got up and the others backed up to give him some space, after getting to his feet, his eyes wearily shut once more but he did not smile "We need to get out of here. Now." He said.

"What is going on? Xellos? Are you in some kind of trouble?" Lina asked. He sighed. She was not going to take this all that well. "Well it is the reason that I came to find you and join with you. I need your help with something." They all looked at his as if he was crazy. Xellos, noting this, smiled his usual smile. They had their moments that was very true. "My master and the other monsters are keeping a secret that I need to solve. I have been having these episodes more and more often and they will not tell me why that is though I know for sure that they know what it is. I want it gone and no one is helping me. So I came to find you." He looked very cheerful now and standing up without the help of his staff. The others were still in a state of shock. Xellos asking for their help? Not using them as pawns? This was very unusual and more than likely up to something.


Fanfiction