This Thing


A large group of people walked into the tavern.

'This thing all things devours.'

She sat down and ordered triple portions of everything on the menu.

'Birds, beasts, trees, flowers.'

She ate chicken, duck, beef , pork. She ate seed pods from some kind of tree or another. She even ate the flower arrangement on the table.

'Gnaws iron,'

Then, when there was nothing left to eat, she accidentally chomped the cast iron dish,

'Bites steel.'

And bit down on her stainless-steel fork.

'And grinds hard stones to meal.'

Then she began to grind one of her foot-warming rocks into a fine powder.

'Slays kings,'

Then some villagers came in and asked her to rid them of their evil king. She ignored them until they promised her a hundred gold peices to do it. Then she went and Dragu Slaved his evil ass into oblivion.

'Ruins towns.'

Of course,when she did that, it wound up destroying the town as well.

'And brings high mountains down.'

Not to mention the mountain behind it.


A.K.: Well?? do you know what the answer is?? If you know anything about Slayers you should.

A.K.: ..................Yep. Thats right. The answer is nothing other than the one and only Lina Inverse!!! (Like you didn't know)

A.K.: The actuall riddle itself is from The Hobbit.You know,from the riddle game scene?? If you don't, well then.....GO READ THE BOOK!!!!!!! Get off the damn computer and read it!!!!! Yeah, that's right. I told you to get off!!! What are you doing still reading this????

A.K: hehehe........ehem....ah...sorry 'bout that.....((^_^;

A.K.: Oh, yeah. The real answer to the riddle (for you sad sorry fools who still haven't read the book) is TIME. Yep, the only other thing in the Universe that's as destructive as Lina.

A.K: looks around nervously hehehe.....hope she didn't hear me say that......


Fanfiction