Snow Day


Zelgadis woke up in an alarmingly cheerful mood. He was grinning, and as he sat up, he decided it was a wonderful day to be alive. He already knew why he was so happy; he could see it on the window ledge, hear it falling onto the inn roof... he could almost smell it. Snow...

Slowly he rested his head on his arms, and stared out the window. The world had been blanketed in white. No one had touched the snow yet, it still had that early morning perfection to it. It looked soft and fluffy, and there was no doubt in Zelgadis' mind that it was packing snow. Zelgadis grinned again. He felt like having hot chocolate for breakfast.


Lina sat up in bed and stared out her window. For the miles her vision spanned, all she could see was white. An angelic, cheerful, relaxing white. Someone could stand outside and scream, and it would still seem perfectly calm. The hills were white, the trees were white, everything was white. Snow...

She stepped out of her bed and pulled her robe on. She would eat breakfast, and then go outside and play. It had been years since she had made a snowman.


Amelia woke up with a song in her head. A song she hadn't heard sung in years... 'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...' She pulled her flannel nightie over her knees and giggled as she looked outside. Reaching across her bed, she opened the window. Giggling like a child, she stuck her tongue out, and gasped with infantile pleasure as flakes gently fell on it. Snow...

She grabbed a pad of paper and began jotting down everything she would make for her friends for Christmas, humming all the while. 'Jingle bells, jingle bells...'


Gourry's nose was squished, but he didn't care. He turned his head, and smushed the other cheek up against the glass, hoping to get a better view of the white stuff. He hadn't seen this happen in years and years... Snow...

He grabbed a sweater and charged down the stairs, hoping somebody had put up mistletoe.


Xelloss smiled. It was a genuine smile, a kind he hadn't smiled in years. He opened his eyes, and they sparkled gleefully. The mazoku was happy to the point of being giddy. This was one of the few things he honestly loved, and no matter how he evil he was, could not bring himself to even mildly dislike. Snow...

Snow meant presents and parties and snowmen and snowballs and tobogganing. He hoped the others moods were as good as his, because he hadn't been tobogganing in almost 1000 years...


Snowflakes falling, all over town,
Slipping, sliding, everybody rushing round,
There's an icy chill in the air,
Telling us that winter's really here!

I'm so glad that winter is here!
Grab your sled and let out a happy cheer!
Because it's snowing, blowing, all through the day,
Winter winds will surely blow all your cares away!


Fanfiction