Chapter One: Wish Come True


He stood silently on the bridge, moonlight making his skin appear to glow and harsh winter winds rustling in his hair. He inhaled deeply the sterile air, his eyes gazing at his reflextion rippling in the dark waters below.

Somewhere inside, the others were celebrating, undoubtably getting drunk and having the time of their lives. But he, as usual, was not with them. He had no place amongst the festivities of humans. No matter how long he lived, he would never fit in with any one race, he knew that now. Time and pain had distorted his sense of belonging.

"Never again..." He muttered, throwing a small stone into the water and sending ripples through his reflection.

"Good evening." Soft footfalls came from behind him, but he didn't turn. "Lovely night, isn't it?"

"A night like any other." He shrugged apathetically.

"To you, perhaps." She sat down on the side of the bridge, dangling her feet over the edge. "To some, a night like this holds great meaning."

"You included?" He looked to the waxing, almost full moon.

"Me included." She nodded. "Why aren't you in there, with the rest of them? I thought that you..."

"I don't belong." He replied. "I'll get in the way of the party. My kind aren't welcome at this type of event."

"Has that stopped you before?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

Silence ruled for a moment as she listened to his rage quietly boil in bitterness.

"Rrrrr...!" He growled, hurling another pebble into the swiftly flowing waters below. "I can't stand it any longer!"

"What?" She looked up.

"I wish I had never been born!" He shouted. "My life was screwed up the moment I was born!"

"Do you really mean that?" Her tone was grave, but it took only a mere second for him to search his heart for the answer.

"They would be better off without me." He grumbled, eyes closing. "Everyone would."

"Why?"

"I cause problems for them."

"You believe that?"

"I know it."

"I don't suppose I can make you change your mind...?"

"Not really."

"Very well." She sighed, then turned and grabbed his hands. "Come with me."

"Where - " He was cut short by a snap of her fingers.

"Welcome to limbo." She gestured to an endless spanse of dark space. "Congradulations, Zelgadis. You just wished yourself out of existance."


Chapter 2   |   Fanfiction