Under The Influence ...


"YOU DID WHAT?!" Lina screamed at the top of her lungs, effectively deafening the target of her wrath. A small sweatdrop rolled down the back of Xellos' head, and Gourry and Amelia winced in the background.

"Well, it was only supposed to - " The Trickster Priest smiled weakly as the fiery sorceress grabbed him by the collar and began to shake him violently. Mazoku or not, there was still only so much one can take before breaking down crying.

"SUPPOSED TO WHAT?! Do you have any idea what you could have done?! What problems you've created?! WHAT HELL YOU'RE IN FOR WHEN THIS IS OVER?!" Her ruby eyes blazed with ire as she continued to rant. "L-sama, we're ALL doomed! And it's all your fault, you stupid fruitcake!" The blonde swordsman and the young princess held her back as she began throttling him.

"Lina-san, Lina-san, please calm down!" Amelia cried.

"Yeah, Lina, it's not like it's the end of the world!" Gourry, in a moment of once in a life-time wisdom, shut his mouth after the glare she shot at him.

"The end of the world, you say?" She glared them down, looking almost as intimidating as Luna. "The END OF THE WORLD!?" She stooped down and grabbed something from the ground.

"Uh-oh." Xellos' whimpered. He was in for it now.

"This is Zelphilian wine." She held up the bottle, which was dated several hundred years ago. "Or rather, it was Zelphilian wine, until this moron goes and decided to see who can hold their liquor better. WITH ZELGADIS!?!" She spun around and pointed at the tipsy chimera, who was attempting to get to his feet.

"Whoops." Zelgadis fell on his rear, then started giggling. That's right, giggling. Scary, ne?

"Xellos-san! A drinking contest? For shame!" Amelia scolded. Several hairs popped out of place in the Mazoku's straight style.

"And what's worse is that the fruitcake here even went as far as to cheat!" Lina bashed the empty bottle over said fruitcake's skull. "While Zel was chuggin' alcohol, he was sippin' tea!" At this moment, said chimera plops onto Lina, draping his arms around her from behind and grabbing some very sensitive places. Lina's face turned redder than her hair.

"DIL BRANDO!"

Not very far away, something exploded. Very loudly.

"Ya' know, ya'r kinda cute..." He slurred, leaning dazedly on her shoulder while Xellos exhaled smoke. "Ya' aughta put yar hair up er shomethin'..." His lean fingers wove into her flame colored tresses, causing Amelia to start bawling and Lina to go balistic.

"FIRE BALL!"

Zelgadis puffed out a cloud of soot.

"Toasty!" He laughed, falling over with a loud thud.

"Xellos, I'm GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!" Lina's screech was lingering sound for the rest of the night...


Fanfiction