Zelgadis and The Third Degree


"Hey Zel?" Lina asked one night as they were all lying around the camp fire after an extremely filling meal.

"Hm?" He replied, lazily opening one eye.

"How come you never cry?" She demanded. "All the rest of us have cried at some point in time during our travels, but not you."

"So?" The chimera closed his eye just as lazily, attempting to brush off the conversation.

"Lina-san's right, Zelgadis-san!" Amelia chirped. "I've never seen you cry. Even Gourry-san and Lina-san have cried sometimes, why haven't you?"

"You'd think the writers would have given them something better to do....." Zelgadis muttered under his breath.

"What was that, Zel?" Gourry inquired.

"I said, You think the kind of person I am would leave emotions in view?" The shaman saved.

"Nah, but still, Lina cried, and we all know that she's not one to express her real feelings, either." The swordsman had his moment of intelligence, which passed quickly under the bemused stares of the other slayers.

"Come to think of it, Zel, if you're so hyped about getting your human form back, why do you keep scaring the living daylights out of townspeople on purpose?" Xellos queried. "I mean, you enjoy those names they call you......"

"And how did you know the fruitcake was up to no good in the first place? You seemed to be sure of what he was doing before we did!" Lina added.

"And why did you bring that entire fortress down on us when we were after that first copy of the Claire Bible? Wasn't that a little overkill?" Amelia whined.

"How'd you know where to find us?" Gourry asked.

"Whatever happened between you and Miwan?"

"Where'd you learn to sing and read music?"

"Where'd you learn Astral Vein?"

"Why don't you learn Dragon Slave?"

"Where do you keep all those extra weapons?"

"WHY do you keep all those extra weapons?"

"What color is your outfit?

"What's the deal with you and those red gems?"

"How exactly are you related to Rezo?"

"Were you and Eris ever an item?"

"Would you really have killed Rezo if you had gotten the philosipher stone?"

"Why the hell did you let Noonsa kiss me?!"

"Doesn't it get agrivating to have your name mispronounced so often?"

"Boxers or briefs?"

Guess who that was from...

Luckily for Zelgadis, the rest of the night was spent beating up Xellos.


Fanfiction