Part 1: Poor Poor Little Dragon!!!


The Dragons city was in the Nord of Homlock's country and standed on a tall promontory called HeadLand.

The walls of the HeadLand was so steep that the city resulted practically impossible to conquer, unless the assailant has wings. But also in that case, the Dragon Barrier would stop him.

The Dragon Barrier was a special and ancient barrier that surrounded the whole city. It was a precautionary meausure so that none of the strangers can enter and none of the young dragons can go out, risking to be killed.

By the way it has never been really useful because it has never been emergency's cases, nor the Golden Dragons was a warlike race. So, up to now, the barrier has been almost useless. But maybe now it would be useful for something. Maybe it was the only protection they have against what was just going to happen.

A danger was imminent

This was the only clear part of the oracle. Milgazia held in his hand the small marble plaque which the whole prophecy was carved on. In front of him was reunited the complete wises council: 15 elderly dragons with a severe and inflexible look. The young dragon standed in the middle of the big main room of the Golden Dragon's Castle, situated in the middle of the city. The palace was a vast building, consisting in a central nucleus surrounded by four towers of different styles.

Every object, in that palace, was full of a terrible sacredness and filled everyone with awe.

Milgazia moved nervously his tail, he was bored to stay there, waiting in silence. It has passed more then half an hour since he've showed that plaque to the council and now he almost cursed himself to have done it. After all it was a stupid piece of rock with a rigmarole carved on. This is what he thinked about it.

He has found it in an ancient, deserted temple as he was playing with his friends. At that very moment he hasn't known how to use it but then he has noticed that it could be a perfect excuse to make a good impression on the 15 wises. And It was to say that he has succeded. While Milgazia thinked about an excuse to go out, a big dragon with golden skin stood up. He was huge. He was about 20 cm taller than all the other dragons. He had a white, shiny horn on the muzzle and the light-brown wings lying on his back. The King. He cleared his throat and stared at Milgazia, for few seconds, with a serious look. The young dragon gulped.

DRAGON KING: ..Milgazia...we've scanned the plaque you've brought to us.....it's undoubt that it's an oracle......a very important oracle....(the dragon cleared his throat again).....we believe that the imminent danger described is of big dimensions....probably it doesn't concern only us but the whole world....but we're not able to decipher the causes of that danger...nor the way to avert it.....so we've decided by common consent (at this a dragon sitting on the right corner of the big table growled but no one heard him)...that it's your duty to find the meaning of the oracle because you've found the plaque...

MILGAZIA (allarmed): ..But I...

DRAGON KING: ..SILENCE!!!....You'll leave our village and, taking human apparences, you'll find Shilfiell....The Great Priestess.....she'll can help you......when you'll find the enigma's key you'll came back here.....and then we'll decide what we have to do......(The dragon was just going to leave the room)

MILGAZIA: ...Wait!!...(The King stopped in front of Milgazia)..where can I find The Priestess??

DRAGON KING: ...Shilphiell is in Sailarg....now...but don't waste time...or you will not find her.....

And with this, the King left the room, followed by the others. For two or three seconds, their steps re-echoed then was the silence again. Milgazia stood motionless, the plaque in his hands. He was shivering. If the wises have decided to send him to find The Great Priestess Shilphiell, so the oracle was true, was important....and maybe..the world's end was near....and it was his duty to discover the cause and the remedy.......he was afraid.....

MILGAZIA (murmuring): ...and now...what can I do?.....


Part 2   |   Fanfiction