Part 1


Gourry and Amelia lay down on the ground sleeping soundly, while Lina kept watch. She sat next to the fire, and listened to it crackle softly. Watching as it danced in the night. Lina stared at the flames rise then fall and slowly pulled her knees to her chest, still watching the flames rise then fall. The shape of the fire slowly began to blur as tears filled her eyes.

She tried wipeing them away so if Gourry or Amelia were to wake, they would not see her like this. The great sorceress, Lina Inverse, crying!? She pulled her legs closer to her chest, resting her head on her knees.

"Why does it hurt so much?" Lina said trying to hold back her tears but to no prevale.

Why didn't I tell him when I had the chance? she thought, cursing herself for letting him go.

"Oh Zelgadiss, I miss you."

Every night she hoped he would come walking out from the woods back to her, every time she'd wake-up she longed to hear his voice greet her a good morning, every time they would rest at an inn, she prayed there would be a knock at the door and he'd be standing there, but he was never there. So she'd stay there in her room, waiting, for him to come in and check on her.

She sat there, thinking of the days they were together, full of joy and happines. But they were gone, no-longer here.

"It's been five months now, since he left, off looking for his cure. If only I could tell him that he doesn't need one." Lina said quietly.

All of a sudden Gourry let out a yawn and slowly sat up. Lina quickly wiped away the tears from her face. Gourry stood and walked over to Lina.

"All right Lina, I'll take over from here." he said taking a seat next to her and letting out another yawn.

"Okay Gourry, good night." she said wearily and retreated to her bedroll. She laid down and closed her eyes.

Zelgadiss wrapped his arms around the tiny red-haired sorceress and pulled her close to himself.

"I love you Lina." her whispered into her ear.

Lina looked up Zel and smiled."I love you to Zel"

He smiled and ran his fingers threw her hair then leaned down to kiss her softly on the lips, but disappeared. Everything around Lina grew dark. She searched all around calling out his name.

"Zel...Zel, please don't go again!! Don't leave me alone!! And with that she fell to her knees and began to cry.

Lina awoke and quickly sat up.

"Lina-san, is everything alright?" Amelia asked hesitantly. She knew Lina could be pretty grumpy in the morning. Lina eyes wandered around the camp to see if he had returned, but the only one's she saw were Gourry and Amelia preparing breakfast and staring at her.

"Lina-san are you alright?" Amelia asked again.

"Yes Amelia." Lina said plainly, her heart fell as she realized that Zelgadiss was not there to tell her, good morning.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction