Part 1


Author's Notes

Konnichiwa-Minna! Dani-Chan here, and Welcome to Slayer's 2000! I don't have much to say except I got this idea from the Slayer's Try Pic's I saw. Ya' know, the one's with Amelia as a waitress, Zel playing to guitar...Yadda, yadda. I hope y'all enjoy! I also want to thank Alyson~Chan for inspiring me to write this fic. Please send any comment's to AkashaElfy@AOL.Com.

In a dark mansion...all is silent. Four rigid form's, stay still, in a battle position, ready to attack the shadowy character in front of them. A man?, perhape's...a crazy man? No doubt. The room was suddenly filled with an insane laughter. Lina Inverse stood at the lead of the three companion's, behind her. Her ruby eye's, burned with raging fire from within, as she glared at the lauging mad man. Cloesly behind her, was her friend, traveling companion, and guardian, Gourry Gabriev. He stood, hand on the hilt of the sword of light, as confussion clearly set in his glimmering eye's. He knew to be silent and let Lina unfold what was at hand. Now wasn't the time to ask question's anyway. Gourry shiffted his eye's to the young man beside him, who was keeping a cool, calm, attitude as always. Arm's folded against his chest, an annoyed look in his eye's. Zelgadis Grayword's. Gourry blinked in confussion, still not knowing what was going on. A young girl walked between Zelgadis and himself, sriking her infamous po-se. Princess Amelia Wil tesla Saillune.

"Alright buddy! Why have you brought us here!"

Amelia cried pointing her finger at the laughing man. His chuckle trailed off as he turned his attention's to the girl before him. Lina sighed and grasped Amelia by her cape and tossed her behind her. The figure stepped forward as everyone else prepared to attack.

"Ahhh...Lina Inverse and her traveling mercenaries...I've been waiting." His voice was hagged and deep.

"Waiting, for what?" Lina responded, slapping her hand's on her narrow hip's.

"I've heard about your power's, they would be extremly usefull to me..."

"For just what, exactly?" Zelgadis asked, keeping calm as ever.

The figure slid is gaze over to Zelgadis.

"For...my expieriment's...Of course."

"What kind of experiment's?" Lina barked.

The man began his insane laughter again grasping inside his tunic, and pulling out what seemed to be a crystal tailsman of a sort. Lina positioned her hand's preparing to summon a fire ball, as the man raised his arm to the sky, laughing madly.

"Thank you soooo much, for agreeing to be my subjet's! HA HA HA! I am Tokkei, welcome to my world, lab rat's!"

Lina gasped as the ground beneath her feat began to shake. Gourry un-sheathed his sword and put his hand on Lina's shoulder.

"Lina, what's going on!?"

Lina said nothing, but continued to gaze at Tokkei, who rose the tailsman in the air and began chanting a spell in a launguage Lina didn't regonize. The red jwewl began glittering as beam's of black rod's began shooting from the tailsman, the ground continued to rumble, until it split.

"What the - !?"

Lina shouted as she fell to her knee's, from the shaking. Gourry jerked her up to her feet by her waist and held her to him, whispering in her ear.

"Lina, what's going on?"

"I...I don't kn - " Lina suddenly stopped as a scream pierced and echoed through her ear's.

Amelia clinged to the edge of the floor as it split further and further apart. The earth quake rummbled and shoke with more intensity, throwing everyone off balance. Zelgadis ran to Amelia and pulled her up by her wrist's. He sighed and swished his cape behind him. Amelia nodded to him in thanks and straightened out her tunic.

"Miss Lina, what are we going to do?!" Amelia yelled trying to stay on her feet.

"Do!? There is nothing you can do, except...FEEL THE WRATH OF MY POWER AND CREATION,THE TIME TAILSMAN!" Tokkei whipped his head back and chuckled insanly as a wave of power errupted from the tailsman, blinding them, all that could be heard was the cry's from Amelia, and the gasping of Gourry as he wrapped his arm's protectively around Lina.

All was suddenly quiet and dark.


"Inverse! Hey Inverse!"

Lina's eye lid's fluttered open as an emmense light hit her. She groaned and blinked several time's, adjusting to the site's around her. The sound of ringing telephones, restling paper's, and people barking command's were heard. Lina slid her hand through her soft, orange hair, and looked up at the husky man before her.

"Inverse, if I catch you sleeping on the job again, your outta here!" The man barked, and threw some file's down on the desk she had been laying her head on. Lina looked around her. She seemed to be confined in a...building of some sort. It was loud, and bright. "Where am I...?" Lina thought in her head.

"Do ya' hear me?" Lina snapped back to attention. She read a the badge across the heavy set man's chest.

"...NYPD...?"

"Inverse, did you hear me, I'm talking to you!" Lina blinked and shook her head.

"Er...yes..." She read his badge again. "Mr...Burrming."

"Get back to work!" The man swooshed around and hobbled off. "What happened...W-where am I?....and what... - " Lina gasped. "Gourry..." Lina murmered, concern in her confused voice. "Where are they...?" Lina blinked around, standing. She looked down at her white pressed shirt, and formal tie around her neck. She slid her hand against the gun that hung at her side, attached with the strap around her shoulder. "Zel...Amelia...What's going on...?" Lina sighed and looked tword's the door. "Well, I'm not going to find anything, sitting down!" Lina jumped to her feet and ran toward's the door.


"Sir, Sir?" Gourry blinkes at the tall woman before him.

"H-huh?"

"Ergh! I said I would like the daisey's in the front!"

Gourry blinked down. "Young man are you quite alright? you look very pale."

"Er- Um, I'm fine."

A small child tug and squealed at his mother's hold on his wrist. "Now, may I get those flower's?" Gourry looked around.

"Flower's...Excuse me, but where am I?" The woman twitches as droplet's of swat dotted her brow.

"Oh, forget it! Come long Robert. Childern these day's!" She tugged the boy along as she walked briskilly out of the small flower shop, As the door shut behind her, a small bell ringed, bringing Gourry to attention.

"Lina...What happened?," He blinked at the beautiful flowers that surronded him lost in thought. "AND WHY AM I WEARING AN APRON!?"


Extremly intense music burst passed Zelgadis' sensitive ear's. His eye's shot open as he groaned in pain, and clasped his hand's over his ear's and doubled over. He stagered around before allowing himself to shake his head and look at where he was. Zelgadis gasped as his body went rigid at the view before him. He seemd to be in the left corner of a large stage, as hundrad's of people over crowded themselves around the stage, screaming and dancing. Bright light's streaked through the musty smoked filled room. He dropeed the guitar around his neck and backed off of the stage, fearing that the people we're after him. Crowd's weren't Zelgadis' favorite thing's in the world after all, but they didn't seem to be after him, they actually seemed quite happy. He began running through the crowd of people, searching for an exit of some sort. "Where in the 9 hell's am I!?"

Zelgadis twisted and jerked sleekly through the large, active group until he found himself pushed through a door. "Dammitt..." Zelgadis grumbled as he got to his feet. His eye's shot back open, startled at his view. A cold breeze worked up and tossed his lavender hair around his face. He let his mouth gap open as he starred at the modern world before him. Sky scrapper's reached to the heaven's, Car's honked their horn's, People shouted. So many people.

"What in the world...." Zelgadis continued to blink in utter fasination. He gasped and swung around. "Where is everyone!?"

"Hey, handsome!" Zelgadis turned around to face a woman in a tight short skirt and revealing blouse, combing her finger's through her hair. "Looking for a good time?"

Zelgadis blushed and began walking away. "Not really, actually I'm looking for my friend's." The prostitue snorted and walked away as well. Zelgadis sighed in relief and walked through the dark alley. "I-I hope everone is alright." Zel stopped relizing that perhapes he was growing soft. He shoke his head and continued to walk, havign no idea where he was heading nor what was to come ahead.


"Ahhoooo!!! C'mere Baby!" Men shouted, wailing their fist's in the air, offering up money. Ameliagasped and cowered in the corner of the noisey room. Tacky music blasted in the backround as Amelia continued to hide, wrapping her arm's around her body, trying to conceal what the small garment's would'nt.

"Leave me alone! You, you, you PERVERT'S!" Amelia had found herself barely clothed and walking down a platform, in front of many brute men just a few minutes before. She had tried using her magic to cover herself from view, only to relize that her power's were all but gone.

"Hey, manager, one of your dancer's is shy!" A man chuckled poking Amelia and stuffing a dollar down her garter. Amelia's eye's shot open as she kicked the man away. "PERVERT! ERRRGGGHHH!"

"Hey! I like this one! She's fiesty." The man started walking back toward's her.

"S-stay away!" Amelia jumped up and ran past the gawking man running out the door. Tear's began clouding her vision once she headed outside, looking around her. "WAAAAAH! MISS, LINA! MR. ZELGADIS! I'm lost!" Amelia squeeked falling two her knee's, shivering and half naked.


A dark shadow appeared besides the Ol' lady liberty. Xellos grinned and blinked his lavender eye's at the wonderous city before him. "So, this is New York. Great!" He chuckled and fadded from view. "Time to play..." His voice drifted off in the chilly air. And so another adventure would begin...

Fanfiction