Part 2: Gourry of the Jungle


Deep in the jungle a white chimera named Gourry lives under the care of a chimera named Zel. Gourry was protector of the weak, strong, brave, and all around good guy and well... jellyfish brains. While in another part of the jungle, an adventurer named Lina was exploring when suddenly her fiancé, Zangulus turned up unexpectedly with two allies.. Xelloss & Rezo who was looking for the legendary 'white chimera' to make some powerful spells.

Zangulus & Lina went wondering because Zangulus said the faster they find those chimeras for Lina the faster can they go back home and live happily ever after. Suddenly, Jirasu.. a fox.. jumped out of the bushes and attacked them. Zangulus whipped out his howling sword but then was hit by Lina's flare arrow because he was jumping and landed in front of her when she cast it and he was unconscious.

Lina.. who was forced to be afraid (by who else ? Luna.) was.. well.. afraid. Jirasu was about to attack a paled Lina when unexpectedly.. her knight in shining...er... loincloth came to her rescue. Gourry fought Jirasu like Stonecold & The Rock .. WWF in the making. 'Raw is War' Lina said. Jirasu lost and Gourry carried a persistent Lina. but the Gourry didn't watch where he was swinging and they knocked over a big branch. Lina.. was knocked out while Gourry... he was already immune to the banging on the trees and sort. Gourry brought Lina to his tree house.

Zangulus who now realizes that his fiancée was gone, he quickly ordered the crew to find her. Xelloss & Rezo nodded and thought that if they find Lina then they'll find the 'white chimera'. Gourry wondered what this creature might be and then started to clean Lina up. Zel told Gourry that Lina was a woman, some kind of Gourry's kind only the opposite. Gourry frowned and said he thought Lina was a he because well.. she is just as flat as they are. Lina, heard this and immediately wake up to Dill Brand Gourry. Lina was introduced to Gourry's guardian, the chimera named Zel. For the next few days, Lina & Gourry spent time together, swinging from tree to tree, irritating Zel, went for a walk at a waterfall, dancing in the night and played with Dilgear, Gourry's poochie who Zel hates because Dilgear totally destroyed his garden not to mention pissed on Zel's winning roses. Meanwhile, Zangulus, Xelloss & Rezo are still wondering in the jungle and very determined to find

a) Lina (applies to Zangulus)
b) 'white chimera' (applies to Xelloss & Rezo)

Then suddenly, Zangulus heard his fiancée's laughter. Zangulus took out his howling sword and get ready to protect his Lina where ever she is. Xelloss & Rezo were disappointed when they found that the legendary 'white chimera' is nothing but a human.. but then they were surprise to find Zel because.. how many chimera do you see anyway.. Rezo thought Zel looked familiar but ..naah.. [btw.. Rezo has been given a walking stick for his inconvenience earlier.. but Valgarv (the director) was not happy with that a so Valgarv production has sponsored to laser treat his eyes. And so Rezo is no longer blind.]

And Xelloss & Rezo wanted to catch him because :

a) He can be used as a guinea pig for some of their spells
b) Rezo thinks that Zel reminds him of his grandson whom he had banished because his grandson was the one who made him go blind
c) Xelloss thinks Zel is kinda cute, anyway

Zangulus thought that Lina was in danger from Gourry so he whipped out his howling Sword towards Gourry. Gourry was unconscious and Lina immediately brought Gourry back to Saillune. Zangulus, Xelloss & Rezo was in Zelas's prison for their doing.

Lina invited her friend, Naga over to help her with Lina's problem, which is :

a) How is Lina going to tell her sister that she doesn't want to marry Zangulus.
b) how can she tell her sister (again) that Zangulus is in prison
c) She is starting to have this weird feelings for a certain person whom she brought home

Naga caught a glimpse of a naked Gourry and Lina has to dragged him away covering his bits with books and Lina was beet red. Naga then suggested that Lina ought to buy Gourry some new clothes because she can't expect Gourry to walk around Saillune in a loincloth even though it wasn't such a bad idea... Lina brought Gourry shopping and all. But as they were strolling along.. who to see them but Lina sister herself.. Luna Inverse.

Meanwhile Xelloss & Rezo was released and they started out their hunt for the chimera named Zel. Gourry who realize that his chimera friend in trouble (ESP, folks) went out quickly leaving Lina behind to save his rock covered fella.

Xelloss & Rezo had put an anti magic ring around Zel and put him in a cage. Gourry who was as fast a speeding Lina for a buffet went to his home. And so they fought.. along with Dilgear. It's 'Raw is 'War' again ! And so the good guys won. Lina came over and congratulated Gourry but not before Zangulus showed up and kidnapped Lina. Gourry, swings from vine to vine trying to save Lina. Zangulus and Lina were in a raft strolling down the river when suddenly a waterfall ahead! Gourry accidentally knocked over a huge pinewood tree and the tree collapsed. Lina managed to climb up the tree whilst Zangulus just went down..and down.. until he went inside a cave. Not realizing that Lina was not with him, he just propose to whomever that was in the raft. When the raft came into broad daylight, Zangulus realize that he just had proposed to Marchina ! but hell.. it was a match made in heaven. And so back to Gourry and Lina.. they exchange their vows and lived happily ever after. Luna was nowhere to be seen. Rumors have it she had gone to Wolf Pack Island to live with Zelas. Zel had gone to Saillune to sing in a nightclub under the management of Amelia .


Part 3   |   Fanfiction