Part 3


Lina and Zangulus have been turning to the left then right, straight on, but all they see is golden walls, golden walls, and more golden walls.

"This is so confusing!! All I see is walls!!" Lina almost pulled her hair out of its roots.

"I feel like we're walking in circles," Zangulus replied. He sighed as he took out his scroll.

"I am so bored. And hungry too." Lina complained.

"It doesn't have anything on the route...but.." He smiled.

"But what?" Lina said as she looked over to his scroll.

"It says that there's a few minor creatures mainly mazoku who is locked here too," Zangulus grinned.

"That means we're going to encounter one very soon," Lina smiled. "Hey, it starting to sounds fun..."

"And here's our guests..." Zangulus said as he pointed to a herd of chubby chibi devils coming towards them with their pitchforks.

"Die! Die! Die!" the chibi devils shouted. "Burn at stake!"

"Ano... what is this...." Lina sweat drops. Zangulus sighed. The chibi Devils were so small they reached until Lina's knees.

"This is not much of a challenge...." Zangulus sighed as he took out his sword.

"Ouch!" Lina screamed in pain as one of the pitchforks stabbed her legs. Blood began oozing out. "Kisama...." Lina blasts the chibi devil to who knows where. She began healing herself.

"Take this," Zangulus said as he attacked the chibi devils. But the chibi devils proved to be too fast as the managed to avoid Zangulus's speedy attacks.

"Nani? " Zangulus could hardly believe his eyes. These creatures are small but they are very fast.

"Flare Arrow!" Lina yelled as a firelike arrow cuts through several chibi devils.

"Witch! Witch! Burn at stake!" The others chanted.

"I'm no witch! You smart mouthed devils!" Lina yelled as she threw more freeze arrows towards them.

"Howling Sword!!" Zangulus slashed some of the chibi devils with the power of his sword. The chibi devils turned into hot ashes. More came from in front of them.

"I can't take this anymore!!" Lina screamed. "Darkness from twilight - "

Lina began chanting her Dragu Slave. Zangulus grabbed both of her arms as she struggles out.

"Iie, Lina!" Zangulus pleaded. "You don't know what that spell could do to us in this place!!" he shouted as he lets go of her.

"Fine!" Lina gathered all of he energy to form another spell. "Fireball!!" A blast of fireball lounged towards the chubby chibi devils (whatta cute name, ne?) and all of them are wiped out. Zangulus made a note never to mess with Lina.


"Ahhh!!!" Filia screamed as she tries to hit the green, furry, gremlin like creatures with her mace. SPLAT!! It hit the wall with its gooey internal organs spurting out. Gourry was slashing each and every one of the creatures who were coming from in front like falling boulders. Swish! Slash! Went Gourry's sword. Creatures were slashed to two, several pieces, slit them through the middle, the longer half whatever.

"Get away from me!!" Filia screamed. She got so fed up she quickly transformed into a dragon and blew them all away with her dragon breath. The creatures were burnt to crisp until the last one.

"Ano... Filia san... why didn't you did that earlier?" Gourry asked.

"I thought you could handle it..." Filia replied.

"Oh..."

"Doesn't matter. They're dead," Filia said. "Gourry now turn around,"

"Why??"

"Because I'm going to transform back and when I do that I'll be... uh... just... naked for a moment," Filia sheepishly explained.

"Oh... you mean with no clothes on?"

"Of course with no clothes on!!" Filia scolded him. "Now turn!!"

"Okay," Gourry said as he turned around. Filia quickly transformed back into a human.

"You can look now," Filia told him. Filia took out her scroll.

"What does it says?" Gourry asked. Filia shrugged.

"Nothing except the history and all... not one bit on the route.." Filia said in disappointment.


Amelia felt so...so... quiet. She doesn't know Valgarv very much. This is no fun.... All Valgarv did was told them go here, there, turn left, and turn right... boring. Well.. it's up to her than to strike up the conversation.

"So... Valgarv san.." Amelia began as she looked up. Valgarv kept on walking.

"Where did you go after you left Filia san?" Amelia asked friendly.

"Hmmm...??" Valgarv replied, obviously distracted. Amelia sighed. Valgarv finally looked at her. "Nowhere you would want to know," he answered.

"I would," Amelia said. Valgarv shook his head.

"Look, it's really none of your business, okay?" Valgarv answered. "Why would you want to know anyway?"

"Well.. I mean it's been a long time since we're here and I felt... too bored..." Amelia explained.

"You can't be bored now," he warned as he pointed to several knights in shining armor. (And no I don't mean Prince Charming). The enemies began taking out their swords and attacked. Valgarv jumped and dodged every single attack. He shot a red beam towards each knight. They burst into pieces.

"Yatta!" Amelia exclaimed. But then suddenly more came.

"Ano..." Amelia screamed as one tried to slash her. "Fireball!" The knight burst into several pieces but behind it another one came. "Ahhh...!!" She kicked and punched the knight.

Valgarv tried his best to fight them. "Cheap things...Amelia get behind me!" Amelia quickly ran behind Valgarv for cover. Valgarv blast out a big gigantic fireball towards the incoming knights. The fireball blasts them and a bright explosion was seen straight ahead.

"Amazing! Your attack didn't even scratched the walls!" Amelia said as she touched it.

"No more chit chat," Valgarv said sternly. "Now turn to the right,"


"Another dead end!!!!" Marchina wailed. As far as she was concerned, she and Zelgadiss have been walking for hours now. "I'm tired, I'm hungry, I'm lost!!"

Zelgadiss said nothing but studied his scroll. So where can he find this Cefor? They had better bump into that creature. Fast.

"Are you sure we're heading the right way?!" Marchina asked.

"I have no idea," Zelgadiss muttered. "Let's turn around,"

"You have no idea?!!" Marchina yelled. "You have no idea?!!"

"Look, this is a labyrinth... it's suppose to be puzzling and this scroll doesn't have anything about the route or the exit to this labyrinth. Now you'd better shut up or I'll just leave your ass behind," Zelgadiss said angrily as he controlled himself from 'fireball'ing Marchina. Marchina zipped her mouth as she followed Zelgadiss behind.

"Eto..." Marchina sighed. They were getting nowhere. She swears that she'll go absolutely nuts if they walked into another dead end. By the Zoamel Gustav, I can't let this happen.

"Marchina, don't even try of using your Zoamel Gustav," Zelgadiss said as if reading her mind. Marchina huffily ran in front of him , her hands on her hips.

"Listen, Zelgadiss. I have the power of the Zoamel Gustav so I have the right to use — AAAHHH!!" Marchina's words were cut off by her screams as she pointed behind Zelgadiss. Zelgadiss turned and managed to dodge down while pushing Marchina's head down as a fireball flew past them. Marchina was scrawling on the floor covering herself.

"Don't let them get me!!"

Zelgadiss squinted and saw several furby lookalikes coming towards them. Those furry, small, with beaks, creatures.

"What the - " Zelgadiss was cut off by the furbies cute fireballs.

"Me momo. You die," They all chorused.

"Yaarrggh!!" Marchina hid behind Zelgadiss, tugging his cape for cover. "They are so kawaii..."

"Marchina!" Zelgadiss shouted. Marchina blushed, slightly embarrassed.

"Fireball!" Zelgadiss released a red flaming fireball towards the evil creatures. Mazoku, perhaps. But the furbies' fireball explodes with Zelgadiss's fireball.

"Nani?!"

"You no underestimate furby," The furbies laughed as the released another fireball.

"Zoamel Gustav!!" Marchina's Zoamel Gustav lounged towards the furbies fireball. One by one the furbies explodes as the Zoamel Gustav cuts through them.

"Masaka...." Zelgadiss sweatdrops. He can't believe that Marchina's stupid Zoamel Gustav actually killed all of them. Now she's going to talk about it all the way.

"Thanks to the honorable Zoamel Gustav! I did it! " Marchina said proudly. Zelgadiss sighed. "Oh, don't worry Zelgadiss. You did fine too,"

"........" Zelgadiss groaned. "Let's just go on.." Zelgadiss continued as Marchina talked on.


"Ano.. where are we now.." Sylphiel sighed. Xelloss shrugged. Sylphiel is such a softie. He decided. From the start she's been following his decisions of paths. So, is that good or bad? Now, in front of them was a fork of paths. Three paths who knows where it'll lead them.

"Let's go this way," Xelloss decided as he pointed to the middle path.

"Xelloss san , can I make a suggestion?" Sylphiel asked timidly.

"Shoot,"

Sylphiel took out her staff and prayed on it. She placed the staff on the floor as Xelloss watched with much interest. The staff began taking on a glowing light as it spins.

Then it stops as it points to the left path. Xelloss frowned.

"You mean take the left path?" he said unsure about this.

"Hai," Sylphiel said. Xelloss twitched his mouth. Should he go with her path or what?

"I'll say the middle one," He said. Sylphiel looked at him innocently.

"But the staff says the left one," She argued. "And it's never wrong,"

"Well, I'm still sticking with the middle one," he said with his arms folded. Sylphiel couldn't believe this. Her staff was pointing the right way. It figures , a mazoku couldn't probably follow a human's decisions anyway.

"Well, I'm sticking with the left," Sylphiel said trying to sound firm.

"Sylphiel chan, believe me the middle path is right," Xelloss assured her.

"For once I won't be such a doormat..." Sylphiel raised her voice as she ran to the left path. Xelloss sighed.

"Foolish girl," He muttered. He opened his scroll and read its contents. Hmm... interesting... each path you take, there are monsters to wait, you are on the right path... Xelloss grinned. So all I have to do is to —

"Xelloss!!" Sylphiel screams shattered through the walls.

"Bingo," Xelloss ran into the left path following Sylphiel screams. He ran until he saw Sylphiel surrounded by giant trolls. No.. he didn't see Sylphiel because considering the trolls were gigantic and all, he only heard Sylphiel's screams coming from there.

"Yare..yare... what do we have here.." Xelloss said as he tapped his staff on the ground. The trolls immediately turned around.

"feh... just an inadequate human," One of them said. Xelloss smiled and sighed.

"A rather tasty inadequate human," Troll number two licked his lips.

"Hey, wait a minute... so which is it?" troll number three held Sylphiel by her top. "The girl or the guy?"

"Let go of me!!" Sylphiel screamed. "Sleep," She casts her spell as she touched the troll. The troll immediately closed his eyes, let go of Sylphiel and fell asleep. "Itee..." Sylphiel muttered when she fell to the ground. The other trolls gave each other a look.

One troll grabbed Sylphiel unabling her to free her hands to use any form of magic.

"So.. my inadequate human," Troll number one grinned at Xelloss. "We got your girlfriend here,"

"Quite amusing, really," Xelloss yawned. "But I don't really care what you do with her,"

"Xelloss!!"

"Then I guess she'll make a free meal for us," The other trolls laughed.

"But I'd rather have two meals," One said. Xelloss smiled. He leaped towards the mazoku with his club in his hands. Xelloss grinned as he moved his forefingers in the mid air as if drawing something. A moment later the troll burst into pieces.

"Ano..." the other trolls muttered. They dropped Sylphiel and began running away. Xelloss released a flash towards the group and it explodes. Sylphiel stood up. "I was right," she muttered.

"So, you were," Xelloss replied. "Come on we have a long way to go,"


Part 4   |   Fanfiction