Unpretty


Notes

Actually I'm on the TLC kick, and Unpretty made me write this! And need to write more Lina fics......


I wish could tie you up in my shoes
Make you feel unpretty too
I was told I was beautiful
But what does that mean to you
Look into the mirror who's inside there
The one with the long hair
Same old me again today (yeah)

"Yeah.. it'll take you a thousand years to talk to this flat chested kid!"

Gourry's voice rang in her ears. Lina grimaced. How dare he. How dare everybody! She looked down to her breasts. It's not that small. She said silently. She glanced over to Amelia. That 14 year old is much full than her.

Why does everybody keeps thinking she's so flat chested. It's not her fault! it's those damn hormones! Maybe she doesn't have enough estrogen in her system. She looked at her reflection in the hot spring. Ah, she splash that face looking back at her. She sighed as she took a deep breath and went underwater and up again.

My outsides look cool
My insides are blue
Everytime I think I'm through
It's because of you
I've tried different ways
But it's all the same
At the end of the day
I have myself to blame
I'm just trippin'

"Lina? What are you doing here?"

Naga's voice rang in her ears. Lina remembered the time when she wanted to take a dip in a pool as an old man says that particular pool can make anything grow. Lina assume that can be her breasts.

Who are these people to say these things about her?! Who?! So what if she has flat chest?! It didn't bothered her before but as she kept travelling, she met all different types of people who thought that she's a guy because of her flat chest.

Lina hated this. She hated feeling this. Arrrgghh!! She went underwater again to soothe her mind.

You can buy your hair if it won't grow
You can fix your nose if he says so
You can buy all the make up
That man can make
But if you can't look inside you
Find out who am I too
Be in the position to make me feel
So damn unpretty
I'll make you feel unpretty too

"What? you're a girl? I thought you were a guy because of your flat chest!"

That enemies voice rang in her ears. Fine, Lina had already taken care of him with her Dill Brand. Why?! Why must she born with this bloody hormone imbalance that makes her figure look like a guy and not like a petite girl?!

Lina got out of the hot spring. She wrapped a towel around her head and herself and put on her slippers.

"So soon Lina san?" Amelia asked from in the hot spring.

"I'm going to bed," Lina replied. She kept thinking about that...

"Something's bothering you Lina?" Amelia asked again. "I know that look," Lina sighed as she walked over to Amelia and sat on a big rock beside the spring.

"Actually.. yes.. I have a problem..." Lina told Amelia about it.

Never insecure until I met you
Now I'm bein' stupid
I used to be so cute to me
Just a little bit skinny
Why do I look to all these things
To keep you happy
Maybe get rid of you
And then I'll get back to me (hey)

"Sometimes I feel like killing him!" Lina burst out. "Sometimes I feel I would be happier with a more voluptuous body. Do you know Gourry actually thought me of a princess when he first saved me and then he got disappointed because I'm jus a kid! A flat chested kid!" Lina stomped her foot. "How dare he talk that way about my private stuffs, " Lina was angry now. "How dare he judge my chests. I wonder what would he feel if I said something about his - "

"Lina!" Amelia interrupted her.

"What?"

"Well.. I don't think that Gourry san does all that on purposes. He always puts his foot in his mouth as he speaks. Anyway, he loves you Lina," Amelia replied. Lina glared at her.

"Love? Bah!" Lina muttered.

"Hey, if it makes you feel better, they say if a guy teases you that means he likes you very, very much," Amelia told Lina. "Makes you wonder, huh?"

"Nah," Lina replied but kept on wondering.

"Anyway, that's what makes your relationships much more interesting!" Amelia exclaimed.

"What relationship!!" Lina went straight back towards the door and stepped outside. Now who should she bumped into but Gourry himself.

"Hey, Lina! Do you - "

"Gourry," She interrupted him. "Do you love me?" She caught him off guard.

"..love?... ano .... Um..." Gourry looked uncertainly. "Why do you ask?"

"Just as I suspected. Good night Gourry," Lina walked back into her bedroom.

She heard Gourry voice calling over her, "Suspect what?"

Lina shut the door and leaned against it; smiling.

"You do..." Lina grinned.


Fanfiction