Happy V-Day!


A slightly middle-aged and highly stressed out woman, named Mona, is idly watching the innocent youths in her care, as they frolicked about, because well its her job. Today, though, un like most days, was a very special day; February 14th! Valentines Day!

Pretty soon the hour Mona dreaded most, the time when her blood preasure and stress levels always suffered most, arrived.

A familiar young girl with long black hair bounces, literally, into the room. In her arms is an overly chearfull, smiling baby girl; they approach the sitter.

"Hello Mom!" The brunette cries.

"Please don't call me mom, and for the love of all things Naga, DON'T LAUGH!" the poor woman replies, as Naga hands over the baby.

"Ah, okay. Well here's Amelia. I've gotta run. Bye-bye sissy! Have a Happy Valentines Day!" Naga waves and bounces off again.

Mona groans quietly and puts the baby Amelia down in time to meet the next arrivals, a sweet smile plastered to her twitching face.

"Hello Mrs. Metallium. And hello to you too little Xellos. Happy Valentines Day."

"Hi Mom!" Xellos pipes, "Where's my beloved Lina-chan?" He rushed, in his usual manner, and glances around. He was struggling to keep an obsenely large chocolate bunny from crashing to the floor.

"Hello Mrs. Gabriev! Hello Mr. Rada. Hello Gourry! Hello Sylphiel. Happy Valentines Day!"

"Hi MoM!" Gourry walks over with a big smile and hugs Mona before walking off with Sylphiel.

Mona sweatdropped. "Ah Hello Mr. Garv! Hello Val! Happy Valentines Day." she greeted the next arrivals.

Val snorted and stomped over to the young demon boy, his father giving Mona a saucey wink, which sent her into a blushing fit.

Mona sighed as the delicious Mr. Garv departed and opened the door to meet Rezo the red priest and his young charge Zelgadis.

"Hello Mr. Rezo. Hello Zelgadis. Happy Valentines Day!"

"Hi Mom. Happy Valentines Day to you too." Zel said softly before moving off curious as to why Lina hadn't arrive yet.

Soon enough, the vibrant Inverses arrived.

"Ah, H.. hello Ms. Inverse. H..Happy Valentines Day."

"Hi Mom." The purple haired waitress answers. "Lina behave.. or else". She commands the spunky young red head, who gulps and begins to slink off. "AND take care of your cousin!"

"Okay, Luna." Lina sighs as a shy little red head shuffles up next to her. Lina's little cousin was dressed in a cute little red dress, with pink ribbons and a charming little pink heart purse. She, and her cousin Lina, looked identicle; almost like twins.

"OH My Goodness! Hello Liny! Its been soo long since you've been here!" Mona greeted the lovible red head happily.

"Hello Mona-mam!" Liny curtseied before scampering off with Lina. Perhaps today would be an okay day, but that would take a miracle.

"Well that's everyone." Mona declared, "Ok kids! we have a special day today! Its Valentines Day!!!" The children giggle happily and scurry about, exchanging valentines and gifts.

"Happy valentines day Lina!" Zel blushed, giving Lina a candy bouquet and a card.

"Happy valentines day Zel!" Lina cooes and gives him a slightly lumpy chocolate heart, which she made all by herself. Well Liny helped a little. The young couple blush shyly and exchange innocent pecks on the cheeks.

Xellos totters over and smiles. "Happy valentines day Lina-chan!" he cries and gives her the bunny. Lina's eyes widen at the site off All That Chocolate and eagerly glomps the little demon boy. Xellos, needless to say, is on cloud nine.

Val wonders over in a huff, thinking up ways to torture his greatest enemy when he stops, in shock.

"Hi Val-chan!" Liny Inverse giggles at her old childhood playmate.

"L.L.L.L.LINY-CHAN!!" Val blurts out to his immense embarassment. The young ancient dragon's face burning as he babbles and stutters before the pretty girl.

"umm.. Lina. What's that about?" Zel questions his friend who stops hugging Xellos in order to find out what he ment.

"Oh. See when we were littler, Val and Liny and me all whent to this day care. And See Val has this major humongous crush on Liny cause when he was little that big horn on his head kept tipping him over. It was real funny but one day Liny came up to him and when he was crying and said he shouldn't be soo sad cuz he'd grow into it and stuff. So he's been in love with her ever since and acts all dumb whenever she's around." Lina explained.

"Oh."

"Say, Val-chan! You want a kiss!" Liny asked, smiling ever so cutely.

Val's face burned even brighter. Imagine!! My Sweet loving Liny-chan! he thought, picturing her soft inviting lips puckered up for a smooch. The idea of it all sent the blood rushing to his head and caused him to faint.

"There he goes." Lina started.

"Ah Val-chan!! Are you Dead!?" Liny panicked rushing over to the downed boy's side.

"Nope.. but when he comes too.." Lina continued.

And like magic, the young boy twitched, sat up quickly, eyes popping open, and horn catching the skirt of Liny's dress. Val awoke to the sight of Dear Liny Inverse's undies, little pink bunnies and all.

With a soft happy groan, and a small stream of blood trickling down his nose, Val collapsed in a swoon, once more.

"AHHH!!" Liny squealed.

"MOM!!" Lina Yelled. "VAL FAINTED AND HE'S BLEEDING!!"

"WHAAT!!" Mona cried and hurried over to the scene. Seeing what happened she quickly deducted what had occured, thanks to previous experience. "Oh Not AGaIN! Poor Val." she sighed and went about helping the young dragon boy recover.

A few hours later of the children exchanging valentines, Val suffering after his crush with kleenex stuffed up his nose, and Lina happily devouring all her yummy chocolates, Mona stood up to face the inevitable. "Ok kids! Lunch Time!"

All the kids raced as fast as their hungry little legs could carry them shouting "FOOD FOOOOOD!!!", which was rather strange seeing as how most had been eating chocolates and sweets not moments before.

All hell broke loose, as it does everyday, despite being full of junk food already. The children tore through their meals like conquring heros. Xellos throwing his empty fruit cup at Zel, for snatching the last spot next to lina, and missing, started a small food fight. It smacked onto Liny's sandwhich. Val, taking offence hurled his chease strings. They bounced off Xellos' head and soared into Sylphiel 's cake with a splat. With white fluffy frosting on her face she began to fuss and cry, until Gourry wiped it off and Sylphiel calmed down. Zel shared his red hots with Lina and gained a snuggle in return. She in turn decided to do the noble thing and saved his candy flowers till later.

Lunch was over, and the little hellions scurried about in a frenzy until Mona put them to bed. Quiet at last, she enjoyed a hot cup of java, before cleaning up.

Soon it was time to go and the Valentines Day festivity was over. Lina and Zel sat in a private conference in the corner, avidly watching Liny ineract with Val.

"Val-chan!" Liny asked, "Do You want that kiss now!"

Val used all of his young strength to keep from passing out and nodded. This is IT!!

Liny leaned close to the nervous boy and.. popped a hershy's kiss into his palm. "There ya go!"

Val's head drooped with dispare. Soo close yet still.. soo far away. he moped.

As his father was waiting he began to shuffle off, only to be stopped by Liny. "Ne Val-chan! Don't be sad! Its valentines day! You want another kiss?" she coaxed, hoping to get a smile.

"Hookay." Val sighed holding out his hand.

He was frozen with shock as the sweet, tender lips of the girl of his dreams floated onto his, like soft butterfly wings. He was stunned. She.. she... KISSED ME!!! his brain screamed with joy as she stepped back, smiling.

"Happy valentines day Val-chan!" she giggled and bounced away.

A self-satisied smirk graced his features as he strutted over do his dad. "HA That's MY BOY!" Garv grinned, as they left.

"Well.. that was different!" Lina comented.

"Ye.. yeah, say Lina...ummm.." Zel shifted, an inquiring gleam sparkling in his soft aqua eyes.

"yeah?" Lina paused.

"Uh huh, you.. wanna.. cuz its valentines day and all.." Zel answered. "Is it.. ok with you?" he blushed.

"Yeah, sure Zel!" Lina smirked, catching on.

"Okay!" Zel smiled, relieved, and placed a similar kiss on her lips as well.

"Liny! Lina! Zel! Your families are here!" Moan called from the doorway. How CUUTE!

"See ya tomorrow Zel!" Lina smiled kissing the blushing boy once more.

"OK Lina!" Zel smiled, as he waved goodbye to Lina, who did the same.

"Did you have a good day?" thier families asked.

"YUP! 'Cept there was lots of kissing and stuff.." they replied as both red priest and waitress face faulted into the tiles.

"Bye kids!" Mona said red faced, yet amused. "Happy valentines day!"

"BYE MOM! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!" They answered. Mona sweatdropped. "Why do they call me that!" ::sigh:: "oh well."


Onward   |   Fanfiction